E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Pulled the trigger...

06-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #45
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
"Much better" -- in your dreams!

Custom color any color combo, that will cost you tons more. Any color combo (not custom) of available colors (a few interior and a handful of extrior) -- sure. If that justifies extra $10k, you're a lucky guy. What "custom color combo" did you order?

RWD in Northeast??? What is the point of that? A boat with RWD in snow is useless boat. BTW, lexus.com shows both options available RWD and AWD for 2013 GS.

Just glancing over "Build your Lexus" all of those lux options are available on 2013 GS, so I am not sure where you got your facts...

Not sure about the tranny...
My friend learn how to read!

I wrote I can CUSTOM ORDER any color combo with BMW not CUSTOM COLOR.

With Lexus u cant custom order crap!

Go to clublexus.com and read about unavailable options such as POWER trunk and folding mirrors.

The transmission is 6speed Auto.

The engine has a ticking noise at idle like a Diesel.

The Lexus website doesnt include that Lexus allocations are regional. And each region predetermines which options the cars have.

Oh u want Mark Levinson stereo, how about HUD? Good luck with getting these features.

The F-Sport Package includes Larger Brakes, upgraded Sport Suspension, and Staggered Tires only on RWD cars.
Same as the BMW Msport RWD cars.
All these features are important to me.

Go to a Lexus Dealer in the Northeast and ask them for a RWD car.......
Previous: 2016 F80 ///M3; 2013 F10 535i MSport; 2012 F10 528i MSport; 2009 E92 335i MSport

Last edited by R N M; 06-16-2013 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #46
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
R N M
Does your 535i also have a warp drive? Post more pics about your 535i. I wanna hear more about your 535i. Your 535i is faster than an M5, right? You paid more for your 535i because it also looks better than the M5, correct?

http://carsort.com/compare/BMW-5-Series-vs-Lexus-IS

Take a look(;

There's no need to hate on Lexus, buddy. I don't own one, but they're quality cars.
As a former GS owner for over 7 years, I know Lexus is good and I personally like the new GS a lot. Im more frustrated with the stupid decisions of limiting ordering options and regional allocations.

My hope for the GS is an updated powertrain with 8sp Auto and either Turbo or S/C engine. The Fsport interior style and suspension tuning are perfect.
Previous: 2016 F80 ///M3; 2013 F10 535i MSport; 2012 F10 528i MSport; 2009 E92 335i MSport
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #47
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

I agree that the packaging by region is silly. Then again, Lexus knows their customers and the packages probably fit 95% of Lexus buyers well. I don't personally care about 8 gears (would rather have a 6MT of course) and I'm sure a GS-F is on the way which will offer a vastly upgraded powertrain, though the F-Sport is perfectly adequate for me and my wife. I wouldn't go for anything beyond a 535i if I was shopping the 5-series either (would probably go for 528i M-Sport in reality as the turbo four is very good)...
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #48
playground
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M3

Interior is soooooooooooo nice.
      06-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #49
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Biggest disappointing is no new engine in any of Lexus' refresh. Otherwise the GS is handsomely designed. I didn't like it initially but slowly grew on me. What I really want is a 2 seater sports car next and Lexus offers none so I'd have to switch brand again
      06-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #50
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Well the LFA is one of the best two-seater sports cars made but the price is a bit on the high side! As far as the GS powertrain goes I am more than happy with it. The 2GR-FSE remains a fantastic engine (loved it in out IS 350 we traded in) and the 6 speed tranny is vastly better than the one in our old IS. It shifts very quickly in manual mode with throttle blips on downshifts and is properly transparent in operation in auto mode. 8 gears would be an improvement but 6 is still plenty IMO...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #51
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Biggest disappointing is no new engine in any of Lexus' refresh. Otherwise the GS is handsomely designed. I didn't like it initially but slowly grew on me. What I really want is a 2 seater sports car next and Lexus offers none so I'd have to switch brand again
Agreed. The engine is a huge disappointment. But I remember when the first previous generation GS came out, it came out with a GS300 first. Then they added the IS350 engine into the GS350 the next year.

My guess is they will use the IS350 engine in this year GS350 and use the 4th generation IS engine the next year GS.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #52
LSPowered
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
2. The engine note on basic CTS-V coupe is muted and should be far more aggressive.......hell with all the luxury car buyers who want to turn performance cars into quiet library like toasters called Lexus.
That's what the aftermarket is for. This is true for 99% of new cars out there.

Quote:
6. The gas mileage is not good at all. The car could use Eco mode with cylinder deactivation for daily drive.
Buy a hybrid?

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #53
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Well the LFA is one of the best two-seater sports cars made but the price is a bit on the high side! As far as the GS powertrain goes I am more than happy with it. The 2GR-FSE remains a fantastic engine (loved it in out IS 350 we traded in) and the 6 speed tranny is vastly better than the one in our old IS. It shifts very quickly in manual mode with throttle blips on downshifts and is properly transparent in operation in auto mode. 8 gears would be an improvement but 6 is still plenty IMO...
LFA, one of the best 2 seater sports cars made? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #54
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
LFA, one of the best 2 seater sports cars made? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #55
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Buy a Hybrid?...............why?.......new Corvette will have cylinder deactivation (Eco-mode)......and it is not a Hybrid but a proper sports car.

As for aftermarket true, but who wants to buy a hyper performance car with honking V8 that is mute. First, buy a nice performance car then spend more money on making it louder. That just sucks in my opinion.

Put a sports plus mode so that when you press it the exhaust note becomes more aggressive. Porsche as well as some other manufactures are using that technique to satisfy both parties.

However, I say hell with it give the engine proper sound track all the time. If buyer wants to buy a monster supercharged V8 making 556hp and not want to listen to it sing. Then they should be forced to buy a Hybrid and drive it for rest of their life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSPowered View Post
That's what the aftermarket is for. This is true for 99% of new cars out there.

Buy a hybrid?

nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #56
LSPowered
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
new Corvette will have cylinder deactivation (Eco-mode)......and it is not a Hybrid but a proper sports car.
Are you saying a car is not a proper sports car in 2013 without the ECO mode bs? If so, I will 100% disagree. That should be left OFF sports cars. I owned a C6 Vette & that removing that garbage would have been the 1st thing I did if it had it.

Quote:
As for aftermarket true, but who wants to buy a hyper performance car with honking V8 that is mute. First, buy a nice performance car then spend more money on making it louder. That just sucks in my opinion.
You forget that we are in the MINORITY of the car buying public. The MAJORITY doesn't care to mod like we do.

Quote:
Put a sports plus mode so that when you press it the exhaust note becomes more aggressive.
C6 Vette had it & so will C7. It is called NPP.

Last edited by LSPowered; 06-20-2013 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #57
Null
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Congrats, I love the interior of the new Lexus models
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #58
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

No, not at all......I am not saying a car is not a proper sports car in 2013 without an ECO mode.

However, I think Chevy did an awesome job to offer Cylinder deactivation with an ECO-Mode button. This way when you are just cruising at 70 mph on freeway or during rush hour stuck in traffic you do not burn more gas.

In my opinion this makes a Corvette stingray even more desirable as a daily driver even in a city like Houston full of traffic jams and a great long distance cruiser. Now you do not need two cars in the garage. Because I dislike garage queens.

Quote:
Are you saying a car is not a proper sports car in 2013 without the ECO mode bs? If so, I will 100% disagree. That should be left OFF sports cars. I owned a C6 Vette & that removing that garbage would have been the 1st thing I did if it had it.

nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #59
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1
No, not at all......I am not saying a car is not a proper sports car in 2013 without an ECO mode.

However, I think Chevy did an awesome job to offer Cylinder deactivation with an ECO-Mode button. This way when you are just cruising at 70 mph on freeway or during rush hour stuck in traffic you do not burn more gas.

In my opinion this makes a Corvette stingray even more desirable as a daily driver even in a city like Houston full of traffic jams and a great long distance cruiser. Now you do not need two cars in the garage. Because I dislike garage queens.
I would just like to point out that we share the same last name. Good day.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #60
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

[QUOTE=LSPowered;14192878]Are you saying a car is not a proper sports car in 2013 without the ECO mode bs? If so, I will 100% disagree. That should be left OFF sports cars. I owned a C6 Vette & that removing that garbage would have been the 1st thing I did if it had it.

You forget that we are in the MINORITY of the car buying public. The MAJORITY doesn't care to mod like we do.

Quote:
Put a sports plus mode so that when you press it the exhaust note becomes more aggressive.[/quote[ C6 Vette had it & so will C7. It is called NPP.
No, that's a logical fallacy.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #61
LSPowered
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You clearly don't know what MPG the Vettes got for before this. They got very good MPG before this eco mode crap. You don't NEED two cars anyway. Cost of 2 cars cancels out any gas savings.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #62
LSPowered
Banned
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=NemesisX;14198380]
Quote:

No, that's a logical fallacy.
Which one?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #63
zamboni
I want to drive a Zamboni
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E93 M3 18 F80 M3 16 K71

Garage List
16 K71 F800GT  [10.00]
2018 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 BMW E93 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple7 View Post
No offense but the Wal-Mart parking lot was the best place you could take photos? At least go to Target!
Good one.

2000 E46,2006 E90,09 E82,13 E93 328i,14 F30 335i,18 F80 M3
My next vehicle would be a Zamboni
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #64
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Good to know.......that we both share the greatness

Quote:
I would just like to point out that we share the same last name. Good day.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #65
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

No, I know that last generation Corvette got decent gas mileage for a V8 powered sports car. However, the new stingray Corvette will one up that with its Eco-mode cylinder deactivation. Thus, making it more practical for daily driving compared to the last generation.

I also agree in some instances that the cost of having 2 cars might cancel out any gas savings. Thus, I said I hate garage queens come on now

Quote:
You clearly don't know what MPG the Vettes got for before this. They got very good MPG before this eco mode crap. You don't NEED two cars anyway. Cost of 2 cars cancels out any gas savings.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #66
playground
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Let me repeat what was mentioned in this thread. LFA is one of the best 2 seater sports cars made. A friend in Asia of mine owns one, and I have to say it is perfection. For those who have never seen it in real life or sat/driven in one will always be clueless of what a masterpiece it is.