E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Damian's 2008 320d E90 "edition M Sport" Carbon Black - Interior colour change!

07-11-2015, 08:30 AM   #155
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E93

Sorry for a late reply, I have changed houses and have no internet connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluoxetine View Post
Thanks for that - Noted that Stretch Tech do the same vinyl in beige / cream, so I've ordered a sample to check colour match on my car.

Would your firm be willing to trim my centre console in the same way? If so, can you please give me a rough idea of the price? (Feel free to PM if you'd rather).

(I've finally picked up some walnut trims from eBay, and would like to get them fitted ASAP - But need to retrim the centre console first! )
Business @ www.realupholsterer.com can do those at a price of 60 pounds + postage. To be honest, it looks spot on and feels right, only negative is that the ash tray is a very tight fit so it doesn't open like before as it touches onto the leather, but its nothing bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N88888_dawg View Post
leather looks spot on
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCobehx View Post
Car looks great mate! Curious as to where you're from though? One of your pictures looked like an estate in Bo'ness?
Thanks man! No, I'm in Scottish Borders area, and that picture was in estate in Newtown St Boswells.

More updates coming to the car soon, at the moment it's just being driven. Hopefully this and next month I will adopt all the changes that I have planned to do.

Thanks,
Damian
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #156
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Reg Plate moved

Just have moved the plate to the right hand side. Some may like it, some may not. I do prefer this look, and now will only have to sort out the bumper holes etc.

Some bad news,
unfortunately the driver rear calliper got corroded inside and it got stock while extended which resulted in wasting my greenstuff driver pad.
Good news is that I'm refurbishing it rather then getting a new calliper so new seals, piston, slider pin etc. will be replaced. Calliper will also be cleaned out, but I'm not painting it as that will be done by a professional whenever that will be. To that I've also bought EBC yellowstuff pads.

I'm also starting works on my car audio install.

More photos and info soon!

Thanks,
Damian.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 08:52 AM   #157
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Unhappy Good and bad news: audio loom in, rear driver calliper refurbished, engine cover badg

So, in the past few days I was working on the car.

I'll start with the bad news: the rear driver calliper has fully corroded inside causing the piston stocking while fully extended which means my driver rear calliper was always slightly braking. Wasted my greenstuff pads.
Another bad news was getting my audio loom in. Well, I dragged the cables from the front to the back, in preparation for my boschman amp and JL Audio Cleensweep. Unfortunately, due to my bad experience, I ended up in connecting the cable ends wrong sides and the power from the amp went to the radio, rather then to the speakers. From what I learned, this caused in burning the "end power"(not sure of the actual name?) in my cic unit.

Good news is, that I'm getting my cic unit fixed by an electrician who deals with thing like this, and hopefully it will all work just fine.

Another good news is that I'm fully refurbishing my all 4 callipers including new pistons, seals, pins etc. and I will finish it in candy red with yellowstuff pads, like I have already done so, to the driver rear calliper. Next week or so I'll be finishing the other rear calliper.

Getting the audio loom in:

Refurbishing the driver side rear calliper:

Changed the badge on the engine cover:

More info soon!
Thanks,
Damian.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #158
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Long come! DEPO LED tail lights

Hello after a long brake.
Unfortunately car never had any major work done to it in the past 6 months due to moving out to my first flat by my own. Well I have actually fixed my CIC Unit as of me burning the driver by connecting the cables the wrong way, mentioned in a post earlier - it has been now fixed.
I have enjoyed the car over that time but I have noted few things that I need to inspect/fix/replace which will be done within time.

Anyway, few things:

Got my plate shortened:

Not finished, but little sneak peak of whats coming:

And bought these:

They are DEPO LED tinted tail lights. I got these for 120 quid so a bargain for what you get. Personally I don't see any quality difference between them and OEM's.

At night:

And lastly my car and the car I will once own

Sorry about images being too wide, next upload I will include more information, more better resolution photos and more.

Thanks,
Damian.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 06:51 AM   #159
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Bought a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres for my rear. Any good?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 07:25 AM   #160
afalton
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 330i m sport

Great car! I'm thinking of doing the ccc to cic what do you think of cic? Goodyears are decent got them on mine
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 08:23 AM   #161
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I love the new rear lights, had a similar set on my e46. Are the side lights (lines in middle) still being illuminated by a normal bulb?

I'm picking up some dark lines this week and am wondering if we can put a brighter red bulb to make the lines more defined?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #162
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
The DEPO tail lights look so much better! Any plans on getting DEPO v2 front headlights?

That "MR08 UZY" M4 is sick, I've seen that before around Glasgow
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 06:07 PM   #163
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afalton View Post
Great car! I'm thinking of doing the ccc to cic what do you think of cic? Goodyears are decent got them on mine
CIC is a great upgrade and personally I think its pretty easy to retrofit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
I love the new rear lights, had a similar set on my e46. Are the side lights (lines in middle) still being illuminated by a normal bulb?

I'm picking up some dark lines this week and am wondering if we can put a brighter red bulb to make the lines more defined?
Yeah the lines in the middle are just like in OEM tail lights or even brighter which I like. I wonder if red bulbs would make a difference. Please let me know if so as I would do that also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
The DEPO tail lights look so much better! Any plans on getting DEPO v2 front headlights?

That "MR08 UZY" M4 is sick, I've seen that before around Glasgow
Well I wasn't that keen on the after market parts but from seeing the quality of the tail lights, I think I'll give them a try. Seen them going for decent prices, had plans of doing a little project on my own, but that would obviously take ages so think the DEPOs v2 are coming in soon.

But now...

Bought some 17's for my winter set up. They are genuine BMW 1 M Sport alloys, have few kerb marks, but are straight with no cracks and got a good price of 180 pounds for them. so I'm thinking of refurbishing them in gloss black.

To that got some shite, but new winter tyres - Goodride SW608 225/45 R17 for the rear and Goodride SW608 205/50 R17 for the front.

As to follow with my winter prep, I got a new air filter (not a sport one - for winter), new battery (Varta 12V Car Battery 100Ah H3) and a Carly adapter with an app (which still hasn't arrived - a month after purchase, but it's 'being sorted out' apparently.)

As to follow with my mods streak,
I bought an new genuine BMW Performance gear knob and BMW Performance alcantara gaiter.

Also loved the idea of carbon so I got some 8D carbon wrap and I'm going to wrap all my remaining silver trims in carbon. (Not the one in the picture above as that's currently in leather)

And that is it currently. Next post will have some actual pictures, this was just and update of whats coming.
Thanks,
Damian.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 07:44 AM   #164
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Nice little upgrade with the gear knob. I'm still toying with the winters at the mo but keep thinking not to bother lol.
      12-05-2015, 12:52 PM   #165
Dsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Lci

Kali there is a way round making the ashtray to close without catching, take the console out unscrew the 4 screws that hold the ashtray in and put 4 small washers between the ashtray and the console this will drop the ashtray down and stop it catching, I have some pics somewhere if you need them as I wrapped my trim in leather a couple of years ago
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #166
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
Nice little upgrade with the gear knob. I'm still toying with the winters at the mo but keep thinking not to bother lol.
Thanks, I do need my winter wheels as we already had a bit of snow up in Scottish Borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsport View Post
Kali there is a way round making the ashtray to close without catching, take the console out unscrew the 4 screws that hold the ashtray in and put 4 small washers between the ashtray and the console this will drop the ashtray down and stop it catching, I have some pics somewhere if you need them as I wrapped my trim in leather a couple of years ago
Oh! Never though of that! Good idea, cheers! Although not sure if I still need it as after a while it works better and it doesn't bother me anymore.

New BMW Performance gear knob fitted.
Before:

After:

Old vs New:

My first go at wrapping. 8D carbon:

Not everyone taste, but I'm trying out new things:

Those are my first wraps and I'm trying ideas out so I understand that people may don't like it but wait till the finished project.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #167
Pazzify
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Coupe

Would love to see how the carbon fibre wrap looks on the interior, have been thinking aboout doing mine, some pics would be great once done
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 02:18 PM   #168
Dukey_L10
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i Carbon Black

Did my interior the same, took 10 hours but well worth it when its finished!
Loving the look of your project, swapping my LMB e90 325d for a Carbon Black 330i this week and will be doing some similar mods... thanks for the inspiration!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #169
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Wrap doesn't look too bad tbf. It's good to try things out and diy it too.
      12-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #170
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzify View Post
Would love to see how the carbon fibre wrap looks on the interior, have been thinking aboout doing mine, some pics would be great once done
I have finished front door trims and the driver vent trim. I need extra wrap for the long centre trim but I already ordered extra. I'm also thinking of wrapping the back of seats plastic covers. Not sure how that would look but I love to try things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukey_L10 View Post
Did my interior the same, took 10 hours but well worth it when its finished!
Loving the look of your project, swapping my LMB e90 325d for a Carbon Black 330i this week and will be doing some similar mods... thanks for the inspiration!
Yeah it takes a while to learn and get it done, but think its worth the effort. Thanks mate! Can't wait till you get your 330i! I've got my 320d for a year now, but since I'm still quite a young driver and insurance is reasonably expensive, I'm planning to stick with mine for a bit so got plenty of things planned to do and to that I'm renting a garage with a lift starting 2016 which will defiantly come helpful with my experiments.

Quote:
Wrap doesn't look too bad tbf. It's good to try things out and diy it too.
Thanks! I never wanted to wrap my trims before, but now after I've tried it and liked it, I'm looking for things around the car to wrap.

Now, some updates:

More wrapping finished:

New battery - Varta 100Ah H3 which will be fitted once I get my Carly. (ordered) Stock air filter, which I'm gonna use for winter only:

Stock filter in, K&N going out for cleaning and till another season:

Also taking out the scoops, as a part of my winter prep:

My two new rear tyres which are: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 265/30 R19:

And finally some new M6 aluminum washers & bolts:

More updates soon.

Thanks,
Damian.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #171
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

It's really come on buddy. Rear lights and other upgrades really improve the rear look.
      12-10-2015, 04:15 PM   #172
Dukey_L10
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i Carbon Black

Definitely coming on a treat mate! Picked up my 330i tonight so the modding will commence shortly!
Where did you get the bolts and washers from? Never seen that done before but it looks like a nice subtle touch.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 07:06 AM   #173
borinous
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 320d SE

oooo like the ally bolt washers. where you get them from?

Also keep meaning to ask where did you get your strut brace from?

Coming along nicely though bud, liking the wrapped interior bits what brand wrap did you use?....not sure i would have done the grab handles as well as the trim strips on the doors but thats my personal opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 05:38 AM   #174
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It's really come on buddy. Rear lights and other upgrades really improve the rear look.
Thanks mate! I'm still not finished with my rear end look as still wanting to get the m3 lip. Also thanks for the arm rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukey_L10 View Post
Definitely coming on a treat mate! Picked up my 330i tonight so the modding will commence shortly!
Where did you get the bolts and washers from? Never seen that done before but it looks like a nice subtle touch.
Thanks. Thats amazing mate - make sure to open your cars thread.
The bolts and washers are from ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1613514772...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by borinous View Post
oooo like the ally bolt washers. where you get them from?

Also keep meaning to ask where did you get your strut brace from?

Coming along nicely though bud, liking the wrapped interior bits what brand wrap did you use?....not sure i would have done the grab handles as well as the trim strips on the doors but thats my personal opinion.
Bolt washers are from ebay, link above.
Strut brace is bought from one of the forum members, but you can buy them on ebay pretty cheap now, unpainted thou.
Thanks mate, the wrap I used was an 8DM Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1917230846...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
The handles are a matter of opinion.

Updates:

Before I start, yes, I know the top vents need re-doing as the pattern is the wrong way, but I had to order more wrap and will defiantly fix this soon:

Split arm rest from RajB:

And how the interior looks now. Still need to wrap the middle trim and do white LED dials.

Thanks,
Damian.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 02:52 PM   #175
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
Thanks mate! I'm still not finished with my rear end look as still wanting to get the m3 lip. Also thanks for the arm rest!
That'll look good once on.

And np with the armrest. Looks spot on buddy.
      12-16-2015, 06:53 AM   #176
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

M3 Style Dials

So finally finished doing my dials. Took me a while, but are defiantly worth the effort.

Before:

After: (Yes, it needs fixing as one LED isn't working on the right side)

Excuse the dirty interior:

FINALLY, got my carly adaptor:

I have also bought a BMW Performance gear knob with gaiter to finish off the interior. More updates coming soon.

Thanks,
Damian.
Appreciate 0