E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Halifax Chat Thread

11-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #23
Built My Way
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: ...when not replacing gaskets

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
Hey, no trouble at all with the washers... I honestly can't believe how smooth the whole job went... and finally, no more warning light!
I've heard of tire rack.... why did you choose Ace hardware? Very clever though, saves on duties etc... I am thinking of getting a set of wheels and using my stock ones as my winters cuz I don't really like them!
Sorry I missed this. But yeah, I hate seeing those warning lights. I'm just waiting for the big one when my High Pressure Fuel Pump gives out.

Ace Hardware is a shipping depot and will hold your order for you. Sign up online at Kinek.com. Ace charges $5/wheel. Bring on the snow!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #24
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
Wow. thanks again Pat. u make me feel more confidence to have my car fix in Burt's shop.. can't wait anymore!!!. lol
Did you ever end up getting any work done at Burt's Simon, if so how did it go?

On another note... I just dropped a K&N Filter in the car last week and it immediately idled better, well worth the $60, and never have to replace it again! I also just installed carbon fiber badges on the trunk, hood and steering wheel which looks awesome, and just topped it off tonight with a set of aftermarket LED smoked tail lights. They look freakin awesome! Super cheap mods that make the car look and run way better!
I think my next step is either a magnaflow muffler or possibly a muffler delete.... plus a painted trunk spoiler lip and then rims in the spring.... not sure what else to do after that!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #25
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 323I.

hi pat_03, to bad, i didnt get it fix at burt's shop, he charged me $300 for testing, which was nothing,. and i decided to do the work by myself. now, the problem fixed by coding.lol... and i got the CF bedges too, and my next mod will coming soon, i got a pair of HID headlights from umnitza. and matt black girlls. acs lip, acs spoiler. and thinking to get a dynavin d99 andriod nav as well. where did u got ur k&N fliter ? so u have all ur work done at burts shop? to be honest with u, i think burt is well known by benz owner but no for bmw's.lol...
Quote:
Did you ever end up getting any work done at Burt's Simon, if so how did it go?

On another note... I just dropped a K&N Filter in the car last week and it immediately idled better, well worth the $60, and never have to replace it again! I also just installed carbon fiber badges on the trunk, hood and steering wheel which looks awesome, and just topped it off tonight with a set of aftermarket LED smoked tail lights. They look freakin awesome! Super cheap mods that make the car look and run way better!
I think my next step is either a magnaflow muffler or possibly a muffler delete.... plus a painted trunk spoiler lip and then rims in the spring.... not sure what else to do after that!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #26
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
hi pat_03, to bad, i didnt get it fix at burt's shop, he charged me $300 for testing, which was nothing,. and i decided to do the work by myself. now, the problem fixed by coding.lol... and i got the CF bedges too, and my next mod will coming soon, i got a pair of HID headlights from umnitza. and matt black girlls. acs lip, acs spoiler. and thinking to get a dynavin d99 andriod nav as well. where did u got ur k&N fliter ? so u have all ur work done at burts shop? to be honest with u, i think burt is well known by benz owner but no for bmw's.lol...
Hey Simon, Burt is a certified Benz Mechanic so yes, he is well known to them, but I wouldn't let anyone else touch my car to be honest. He still charges $80/hr so it's not surprising that it cost you $300 for the testing, but there is no one else n the city aside from the dealer than can do diagnostics on a BMW, and I am willing to bet the same thing at the dealer would have cost you a lot more than $300. I just had an oil, lube and filter done, as well as a full brake and front suspension check and it cost me about $300 as well. An Oil change alone from Halifax BMW is $200! Your mods sound awesome... I have heard a lot of people do the matte black grille but I quite like the chrome, don't think I would want to change it! I just ordered my M3 style rear spoiler tonight... I got the air filter off ebay, much cheaper than at Canadian Tire. My car already has BMW NAV and adaptive Xenon headlights so I wouldn't do the HID myself, but yours will look awesome after it's done! I'd like to see some photos of yours... once I get my spoiler on I'll post some photos os my car with the tail lights and spoiler, should look great!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #27
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Good for u... lol.. i got a slow and low end car.haha.. i have to mod some stuff which i think i will need.. lol.. oh yea. when i got my work done, i will post pics. and would like to meet u somewhere in halifax, haha..

Quote:
Hey Simon, Burt is a certified Benz Mechanic so yes, he is well known to them, but I wouldn't let anyone else touch my car to be honest. He still charges $80/hr so it's not surprising that it cost you $300 for the testing, but there is no one else n the city aside from the dealer than can do diagnostics on a BMW, and I am willing to bet the same thing at the dealer would have cost you a lot more than $300. I just had an oil, lube and filter done, as well as a full brake and front suspension check and it cost me about $300 as well. An Oil change alone from Halifax BMW is $200! Your mods sound awesome... I have heard a lot of people do the matte black grille but I quite like the chrome, don't think I would want to change it! I just ordered my M3 style rear spoiler tonight... I got the air filter off ebay, much cheaper than at Canadian Tire. My car already has BMW NAV and adaptive Xenon headlights so I wouldn't do the HID myself, but yours will look awesome after it's done! I'd like to see some photos of yours... once I get my spoiler on I'll post some photos os my car with the tail lights and spoiler, should look great!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #28
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Good for u... lol.. i got a slow and low end car.haha.. i have to mod some stuff which i think i will need.. lol.. oh yea. when i got my work done, i will post pics. and would like to meet u somewhere in halifax, haha..
Hey we all have to start somewhere...it's still a bimmer! You can get a plug and play engine chip for a few hundred bucks that would really amp up your car's performance... Look into it... Def let me know when you get your stuff done and we can meet up for sure! Anyway I'm off to bed... Speak to ya soon Simon
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #29
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey we all have to start somewhere...it's still a bimmer! You can get a plug and play engine chip for a few hundred bucks that would really amp up your car's performance... Look into it... Def let me know when you get your stuff done and we can meet up for sure! Anyway I'm off to bed... Speak to ya soon
Simon

Hi pat_03, i had my first mods done. and the car looks pretty cool now.lol.. i wanna know where did u buy ur k&n air filter? i wanna get one..thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #30
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hi pat_03, i had my first mods done. and the car looks pretty cool now.lol.. i wanna know where did u buy ur k&n air filter? i wanna get one..thank you.
Hey Simon, what mods did you get done? I've installed my blacked out tail lights and doing an m3 style spoiler tonight. I actually for the filter on ebay.ca, by far the cheapest option, about $70
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #31
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey Simon, what mods did you get done? I've installed my blacked out tail lights and doing an m3 style spoiler tonight. I actually for the filter on ebay.ca, by far the cheapest option, about $70
i saw 2 difference k&n filter on ebay..
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/K-N-Air-Filte...#ht_1386wt_905
or
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/K-N-Replaceme...#ht_1784wt_905

which one is the right one?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #32
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
i saw 2 difference k&n filter on ebay..
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/K-N-Air-Filte...#ht_1386wt_905
or
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/K-N-Replaceme...#ht_1784wt_905

which one is the right one?
Is your car the E90 2006 323i with 2.5L 175 hp?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #33
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Is your car the E90 2006 323i with 2.5L 175 hp?
Hey Simon, I went directly to the K&N website and looked up your car (2006 BMW 323i) and it calls for the E-2022 filter which is this one, good luck!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/K-N-High-Flow...9ecb#vi-ilComp
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #34
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey Simon, I went directly to the K&N website and looked up your car (2006 BMW 323i) and it calls for the E-2022 filter which is this one, good luck!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/K-N-High-Flow...9ecb#vi-ilComp

thank you. but this one is for the non-us model.. would our car consider as us model ??
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #35
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
thank you. but this one is for the non-us model.. would our car consider as us model ??
Yes it is actually the non us model, they only made the 323 for Canada
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #36
clean3
I just had sex.
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Space Grey E90 328i / Gunmetal VMR v701s / matte black grills / CF wrapped interior /
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #37
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean3 View Post
Lol funny video
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #38
335ifanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: Revuelto, Urus Performante, X5

Funny how this thread popped up, I might be heading to Halifax later this month to visit a friend who's out there for work. I'm sort of looking forward to it, Atlantic Canada feels like a different country for us on the westcoast, lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #39
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
Funny how this thread popped up, I might be heading to Halifax later this month to visit a friend who's out there for work. I'm sort of looking forward to it, Atlantic Canada feels like a different country for us on the westcoast, lol.
Ya no kidding! It's a long way away... I've got some family in Campbell River, never been out there though. It's a longer flight to Vancouver than it is to Italy! Hope you have a nice trip when you get here, it's not too cold!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #40
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

how do u think ? pat_03.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #41
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes it is actually the non us model, they only made the 323 for Canada
alright.thank you.. since my car needs to dreplace the air filter. i will go for the kn air filters.lol..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #42
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
how do u think ? pat_03.
I love how the car looks Simon great job! The front lip is really aggressive and the headlights are a nice touch too!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #43
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I love how the car looks Simon great job! The front lip is really aggressive and the headlights are a nice touch too!
LOL..thank you.. will post more pics when i get the car washed... u should post some pics on ur car. so that i can say hi to u , when i see u .haha.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #44
pat_03
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
how do u think ? pat_03.
Just installed the m3 spoiler tonight, love it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0