E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > european delivery repair

10-04-2005, 12:40 AM   #1
padala1979
Rep
Drives: 2001 toyota Rav4

Exclamation european delivery repair

I have a troubling situation and I am hoping the people of this forum can help.

Here's the specific:

BMW e90 325i via European Delivery

While in Europe the back rear bumper and front underbody spoiler were slightly damaged, they are minor scratches. This occurred before handing the car over to the E.H. Harms agent. The agent handed me a document ( the white shipping paper ), indicating where the damage is located on the car. The Harms agent and the individual that I worked with at the Munich delivery center said that any damage during the trip would be fixed by BMW. I also see on the 14 day insurance policy given to me at the delivery center that there is no deductible, and covers up to 40K worth of damage.

So the car finally arrived at BMW Stevens Creek yesterday, and to my dismay none of the damage was fixed. The dealer said they are not responsible for normal wear and tear and the Harms agent had no business saying that the car would be fixed. However, he did say he would try and file a claim. I am assuming he is going to file a claim with BMW NA, who will then forward this to the European insurance company. The dealer also did say nothing is guaranteed, but if approved he would have no problem fixing the car.

The dealer wants me to take the car of the lot, but should I refuse to take the car. I feel the damage would be fixed in a more timely fashion if they see the car lying there on the lot.

Any suggestion? Please?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
ATC BMW
Air Traffic Controller
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupe

The bottom line is that you are covered. You have a 100% deductible, damaged was marked on the form, and it needs to be fixed without you paying for it. I think this is a double post from Bimmerfest, if not, then search there.
      10-16-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
arnolds
Rep
Drives: 2005 545i SMG

You are covered by Gerling Insurance. The contact info should be in the Insurance declaration you got in Munich. Deal with them directly instead of going thru your dealer.
Appreciate 0