E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E90 LCI Jerk, Quick Hesitation

05-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
WhiteonWheat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i (AW e90 LCI)

Question E90 LCI Jerk, Quick Hesitation

Hey Fellas,

I have read and searched and done my homework, so no flame suit unless anyone suggests it. LOL

I just want to throw this out there to see if I missed something in my research and to get expert opinion on.

Background:

2011 e90 LCI. Purchased used as a fleet vehicle with only 1,854 miles on her.

Test drive was short and perfect. After purchasing the car, it was fine. Only thing I noticed after awhile was some 'jerking' or very quick hesitation while driving down the road. Usually under LOW throttle (granny driving in 6th with car reading around 28-37 mpg - the variable read out).

I took her to TopSpeed in Georgia for a very well done professional tune with loads of performance parts.

The car performed fantastic and I was hoping that this jerking/hesitation would be resolved after the tune. It seemed like it was but then it came back. At the time I got her tuned, she was NOT my daily driver. So it seemed like it would only happen every so often.

When my other car needed some major maintanence, the e90 became my daily driver and still experienced this issue.

I read that it could be a CLOGGED INJECTOR and to run BMW fuel injection cleaner for several tanks and to try and get on the highyway with a 4k RPM to get her nice and hot and to hopefully unclog the injector.

She seems to run perfect some days and not so great the others - so it's real hit/miss.

When do I notice the issue?

1.) When the car is cold. It seems like she doesn't do this as much once my oil reads fully warm

2.) After the car sits for longer than two or three days straight. I'm not working any more and looking for a new job, so when I was driving her daily it seemed a lot better

3.) The BMW fuel injection tank fulls seem to make it worse rather than better

4.) Turning off DCT seems to make it a little better, but could be in my head

***Important***
I noticed more BLACK unspent fuel sprayed on my driveway than I did before I started the BMW fuel injector cleaner. I called my tuner guy and he said that this is normal, and I did noticed my tail pipes are always super black and gunky, but WAY more so after these BMW fuel injection cleaners.

I can take a pic and post if anyone wants to see.

I have an Alpine White car and after going with Catless DP, I did notice the whole junky black tail pipes and some spray of it on my garage floor but now it's pretty obvious. Since the car is white, the entire back will get a very FINE layer of this (guessing unspent fuel) on her and it quickly washes off with little to no effort

What I've read could be the issue?

1.) Tranny Solenoids gone bad and that it's actually the tranny, causing the jerking/hesitation not the fuel injectors

2.) Fuel injector clogged

My tuning guy says he can take her in and check the tune, but most likely nothing he's going to be able to properly diagnose.

Anyone really have a CLEAR answer as to what may be causing this? Have any of you experienced this and solved the issue?

Any help - ANY at all - would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks!
-WoW
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 07:47 PM   #2
WhiteonWheat
Second Lieutenant
Rep

68 views and no one has anything?

I'll keep researching, but please if anyone of y'all has any info that could help me, plz share
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Walnut blasting time. carbon build up on the intake valves
      05-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
WhiteonWheat
Second Lieutenant
Rep

She's only got 22k on her
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #5
WhiteonWheat
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, I'm going to try these guys that are local to me and see if this fixes the issue:

http://www.munichmotorsport.com/wordpress/?page_id=601
Appreciate 0