E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > visiting BMW rallye tomorrow

11-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #23
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenskid24 View Post
well guys, today was a waste...

I went to Rallye with my buddy. he had his heart set on the 5, so we walk in look at the cars on the floor, maybe 20-30 mins later...recpetionist finally comes up and asks if we need help..
So i ask for Gabe Haim, tells me rudely he doesnt sell cars so he cant do anything for me...i tell her im aware of that, just was reffered to him, but he was off, so i ask for Johnathan Strahl, they tell me he no longer works there..so im introduced to a Short older asian gentleman, bald...didnt even introduce himself, so i knew it wasnt going anywhere...didnt even take us to his desk...literally standing giving us a lecture about getting out of our leases...after about 10 mins of telling me i cant buy a car becuase im STUCK with my lease till the end, i stop him and tell him to save his lease speech becuase i sell cars for a living as does my friend whos a salesmanager...

Now i know a thing or two about customer service, and i truly feel as if we were prejudged, as if we werent buying anything...and to be blunt, he was a asshole...sorry for the language but i cant stand that, when you walk in somewhere and are not attended as you should be.
stupid fool lost two deals, which were easy sales.

I wish i remembered the spanish guys name who sold cars to my girl friend, i think someone mentioned his name above^^^

so after we went to Anne G @ Bayside who is the owners wife, she was pretty busy but my boy managed to get in to a AW 5 series. recommended 100% but make an appt with her or youll be waiting lol.

Im sorry but i dont think ill be visiting rallye any longer. I dont judge anyone of my customers and i dont feel anyone ever should...I even had two people leaving with us whom i gave business cards to who felt the same way.
I heard really bad things about Bayside BMW before I got the car. But after going there and checking out the dealership, it wasn't so bad. MY CA was Shirley. She was really professional and kept me updated on the status of the car throughout the entire process.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #24
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

why did you even put yourself in a situation like that?

should of gone to Sal (Auto Couture) at Park Ave BMW in Maywood NJ.

I just picked up my 335xi from him and it was a phenomenal experience. What would be better is if his hot co-worker served me grapes in a cherry thong.

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #25
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi M EBII

Quote:
sup josh, i dont even know the guys name, he just lectured me on leasing. didnt even offer to have us sit or sell the car nothing. I looked at him with disgust. It felt like when i went to buy my Breitling @ a jeweler in Bayside. smh...stupid people man...and im not even a jerk at all, everyone who knows me from the meets knows how i am..but damn this is one thing that gets me heated..

yeah AW/BK is what he was lookin at. 550 looked BEASTTT didnt know its wheels were sooo concave looked kinda like e92 335 sport wheels.
deff man that sux trust me i know how it feels..... dnt wry pete i still love ya hahqaha

2007 e90 335i (batmobile) ~ bye bye
2011 e90 335i M-Sport (Stella) ~ BYe Bye
2013 F30 335xi M-Sport EBII
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 11:43 PM   #26
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I went to Rallye with my buddy. he had his heart set on the 5, so we walk in look at the cars on the floor, maybe 20-30 mins later...recpetionist finally comes up and asks if we need help..
So i ask for Gabe Haim, tells me rudely he doesnt sell cars so he cant do anything for me...i tell her im aware of that, just was reffered to him, but he was off, so i ask for Johnathan Strahl, they tell me he no longer works there..so im introduced to a Short older asian gentleman, bald...didnt even introduce himself, so i knew it wasnt going anywhere...didnt even take us to his desk...literally standing giving us a lecture about getting out of our leases...after about 10 mins of telling me i cant buy a car becuase im STUCK with my lease till the end, i stop him and tell him to save his lease speech becuase i sell cars for a living as does my friend whos a salesmanager...

Now i know a thing or two about customer service, and i truly feel as if we were prejudged, as if we werent buying anything...and to be blunt, he was a asshole...sorry for the language but i cant stand that, when you walk in somewhere and are not attended as you should be.

I wish i remembered the spanish guys name who sold cars to my girl friend, i think someone mentioned his name above^^^

so after we went to Anne G @ Bayside who is the owners wife, she was pretty busy but my boy managed to get in to a AW 5 series. recommended 100% but make an appt with her or youll be waiting lol.

Im sorry but i dont think ill be visiting rallye any longer. I dont judge anyone of my customers and i dont feel anyone ever should...I even had two people leaving with us whom i gave business cards to who felt the same way.
dam man don't wry cuz when i went to get my car with my friend they didn't even ask me if i wanted help and when i asked for some 1 and they got some1 they were like wat..u wanna buy a car there like u know what u want..can u afford a car...do u even have a license i told his where to go and left that shit....went back to my dad....the same guy accualy came up to my dad to see if we wanted help..my dad calls me over and the looks at me...i do no we dont need help from assholes thanx lol...my dad was like wtf.... hahaha....but yeah i hate that shit!!!

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #27
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pete3the5greekI View Post
dam man don't wry cuz when i went to get my car with my friend they didn't even ask me if i wanted help and when i asked for some 1 and they got some1 they were like wat..u wanna buy a car there like u know what u want..can u afford a car...do u even have a license i told his where to go and left that shit....went back to my dad....the same guy accualy came up to my dad to see if we wanted help..my dad calls me over and the looks at me...i do no we dont need help from assholes thanx lol...my dad was like wtf.... hahaha....but yeah i hate that shit!!!
^Huh?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #28
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pete3the5greekI View Post
Lol ur crazy pete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
why did you even put yourself in a situation like that?

should of gone to Sal (Auto Couture) at Park Ave BMW in Maywood NJ.

I just picked up my 335xi from him and it was a phenomenal experience. What would be better is if his hot co-worker served me grapes in a cherry thong.
Spoke with sal before, ill be contacting him soon. I live in queens, no time for nj travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i View Post
I wish there was a BMW equivalent of Ray Catena dealerships. I'm young and whenever I went there for any reason(usually something to do with the 'rents car) I was treated like royalty. Not to mention their service waiting area is the best I've seen, catered food, any drink you can think of, espresso machines, billard tables, computers with internet access, etc. Even walking into the Porsche part of the dealership I was still treated with respect and asked if I needed any help or information, even though I was just looking around.
Nice, sound like us, except for the pool table lol. Kids would prolly throw the balls at the cars lol. It would be chaos. But that sounds like a good store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple1 View Post
Sorry about your experience at Rallye quite a number of those SA's are dickheads (mine was and he no longer works there also) but that is how "most" car sales people treat people unless you walk into a ferrari or lamborghini dealership.
I mean I go to those delaerships all the time and they make me feel like I've ordered 3 or 4 cars from them, yet we get treated like shit at the ever so popular bmw, lexus, infiniti & mb dealers just sad really.
Habberstad BMW in LI has the best sales people I have ever met, all of them real humble and just tell you the truth.
Continuing with Rallye, the Service department has some really good people...while the rest are just dumb dumbs.
I disagree man, you walk into our Acura showroom, you will be greeted the second you walk in without a doubt, everything from freshly baked cookies, any drinks are avaliable, sat tv, internet, comfortable couches to wait on are avaliable to our customers, I don't kno about you guys but when I'm buying a car, id like to be somewhat recognized for it, as with a house or apt purchase, its a big moment.for me at least, which is why for each of my customers, I make them all feel that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI E90 View Post
Rallye has had a lot of turn over lately.

dropped off the X5 loaner around 6:00 tonight and picked up my car from service, I had a few minutes to kill so I went into the showroom, it was EMPTY,

there were two guys sitting in a 128 convertible but that was it. I looked at the black M3 sedan, sat in the 328 E93, looked at the LCI sedan etc.. I was practically inviting someone to come over.........but

no one came to talk to me at all.... and I'm an older guy who was dressed in a suit straight from work(so don't feel bad)

my salesman left last winter and is now at Hassel. I will definetly be calling him next time I am in the Freeport area.

things sure have changed at Rallye
Haha yeah it was the same way when we got there around 3. Sat in both the m3 coupe and sedan...beastt..=)...that was the highlight of the day I guess. I kinda expected more from the sshowroom floor cars, they were all stripped base models, not even sport wheels, aero kits, something...jeez. oh and we were in jeans n casual attire, I guess not even a suit can get u help in there from the dickheads..lol
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #29
LI E90
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Haha yeah it was the same way when we got there around 3. Sat in both the m3 coupe and sedan...beastt..=)...that was the highlight of the day I guess. I kinda expected more from the sshowroom floor cars, they were all stripped base models, not even sport wheels, aero kits, something...jeez. oh and we were in jeans n casual attire, I guess not even a suit can get u help in there from the dickheads..lol[/QUOTE]

hate to break it to you, but my guess is 85% or more of the BMW's sold are "base" model(lower engine) cars without the sports package.

keep me posted on your findings on getting out early to get into another BMW lease
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #30
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i View Post
I wish there was a BMW equivalent of Ray Catena dealerships. I'm young and whenever I went there for any reason(usually something to do with the 'rents car) I was treated like royalty. Not to mention their service waiting area is the best I've seen, catered food, any drink you can think of, espresso machines, billard tables, computers with internet access, etc. Even walking into the Porsche part of the dealership I was still treated with respect and asked if I needed any help or information, even though I was just looking around.
ray catena service FTW!
i use to bring my dads porsche (RIP ) in for service there and got complimentary shoe shine breakfast internet pooltable and the whole 9 yards. great place
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #31
Fatal Flash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2/i8/M3 GTS3/335is/KTM390 Cup

relax man no worries, this same asshole was giving my dad shit bout how hes trying to step from an e46 m3 to an m6..we had an e92 m3 reserved for 1.5 years ahead at habberstadd and our order got messed up..it was all customized and everything what a shame

so we went to rallye to look for the m3..and i made my pops sit in the 6, and as soon as he got out that was literally hsi face haha

we asked for a salesman which took honestly 10-15 minutes, sits us down, and gives us rates and goes, oh u know bla bla bla bla, im hot shit.

so we got pissed, called up habberstadd and asked if they can get us better rates.

They did, and we got our m6 3 days later from them.

rallye sales FTMFL
rallye service FTW though
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #32
Fatal Flash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2/i8/M3 GTS3/335is/KTM390 Cup

pete k40 next week!!!!!!!!! i keep forgetting text me later
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #33
Bjgots
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Coupe

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #34
Bjgots
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Coupe

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #35
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Flash View Post
pete k40 next week!!!!!!!!! i keep forgetting text me later
sounds good lol....

and yes pete u know i crazy lmao

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #36
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Don't worry every time i walk into a dealership if theirs not one person who actually sees that im there to buy/get numbers i walk right out. Im not dealing with some old jerkoff that thinks im paying for this car with my daddy's money and he wants to speak to daddy not me which is not the case. Funny thing is when i was away i went to an exotic car dealership and the dudes son who owns the place was just launching me the keys to mad shit. Here go for a ride etc etc. There prices weren't special but that's how a dealership should be run imho. Even if its not as loosely as that at least take interest to all clientele.

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #37
White e90
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3

Quote:

OOO MAN NOT HIM!!...i say that because my girlfriend went to go buy her X5 there and was suppose to go see my man George Kanes!!! who you really should have gave a shot man!..he really is one of the top salesman..go check out his desk!!.. anyway he gave her a whole speech that the car she wanted didn't exist and she would never find it...long story short she flipped out and found the car the next day in Jersey..had the car 2 days later...so yeah he is a JO....
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #38
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by White e92 View Post
OOO MAN NOT HIM!!...i say that because my girlfriend went to go buy her X5 there and was suppose to go see my man George Kanes!!! who you really should have gave a shot man!..he really is one of the top salesman..go check out his desk!!.. anyway he gave her a whole speech that the car she wanted didn't exist and she would never find it...long story short she flipped out and found the car the next day in Jersey..had the car 2 days later...so yeah he is a JO....
what sucks is that they wont let you see another sales person
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #39
slalomfever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nardo Grey F80

This topic has been discussed a few times before. Rallye is this, Rallye is that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I respect that. I agree that there are dealerships that have salespeople that should not be working there and there are sales people that pre-judge customers. It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience at Rallye - I apologize on behalf of the dealership.

I believe that you have car that matures in about a year and some months. Here's the problem...the car has to be subject to a trade-in value. That value then has to be compared to your payoff from BMWFS. Usually, there is a negative equity of $5000 to $10000. IMO, it it not worth the early termination. Once in a while, BMW has a "pull-ahead" program that they run to get clients out of cars earlier and without penalty. These programs are geared towards certain models that BMW projects to be necessary for their CPO market or upcoming season. For example take the clients out of the X3's and X5's in September and October so that there is CPO inventory for the winter.

There are 23 sales people at Rallye BMW. All of us have at least 4-5 years of selling cars. More than half of us are ranked in the top 100 in the country. There is a lot of experience and knowledge at this place and it is really unfortunate that 1 negative experience is how some people judge the whole dealership.

For the people that already did business with us, THANK YOU. I invite the rest of the tri-state members to PM me or call me if you guys have any inquiries.

516-833-4836
George
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #40
LI E90
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Well said George
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 12:31 AM   #41
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

^^In reference to the post above, just want to make it known that a Dealership shouldnt pay the negative consequences of one bad sales rep, I agree with SLALOM 100% There are many many sales advisors which are superb in every dealership, you just have to know them or be a lucky girl or guy to have that advisor who will take that extra step to make sure youre happy.

I repeat i dont want people to think im putting down rallye, nor any dealer because im in the business and i know the last thing i would want is for someone to take business away from me, since this is how i live and have fun.

If a person has an issue, then thats what managers are there for.
If the guy is an Ahole, then ask for someone else to help. simple as that.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #42
NYCKRIS44
Private
Rep
Drives: 328xi coupe 2008

Dealership

Whats up gang, I havnt been on here for a while but read this thread and just had to post...I have been part of the BMW family since 1996 and can say i would never choose another car... All my purchases came from Bayside and it was a great experince until one day I decided to go off a recomendation to visit Rallye and SA by the name of Jorge Javier...A day later my car was being built for me....

Jorge is a kick ass SA and I have leased another car for my brother from him and send all my freinds over...He is straight to the point and wont BS...plus he is a younger gentlmen so he knows what we are looking for and tells us how it is...He gave me a great price and I will not be back in bayside as it seems to me their customer service has really fallen off....Which is sad to say becaue I have picked up about 6 BMW's from them...

They thought because of my history with them I would pay outrageous prices which is BS it should be opposite, long time buyers should be taken care of.

Future Mods (In order) 20% tint, Key hole cover, Reflectors painted, M style front lip, White Kidney grills, then the 19's.
Appreciate 0