E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rear speaker noise when car is off

07-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Rear speaker noise when car is off

I just had the weirdest behavior I ve seen on a car. I went to my garage to pull out my debit card and I hear this noise coming from inside the car, the rear to be exact. It almost sounded like when you tune into a station and there is nothing but static or just noise. I tried unplugging my usb , aux cable , shutting down the radio and nothing , noise still there. The key was not in the ignition so it must of been running off the battery,

I tried restarting the car and noise still there ... I opened the trunk and sure enough it is coming out of the rear speakers.

Anyways I got out , lock the car, noise still there and then it went away after a minute or two. I went back started the car , radio , and the noise is gone .

Question is , has anyone experience this noise out the rear speaker with not power on before???. Noise is gone but I m still wondering why it was there
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
rick100
Colonel
Rep

just found a thread. on it

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571254

hopefully it doesnt come back ,

actually hopefully it comes back since car still under warranty
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 08:25 PM   #3
rick100
Colonel
Rep

Anyone know where the amp is located. I read somewhere is in the trunk on the left side (driver side). I removed the little storage holder and there is nothing underneath

I m just trying to check for water and stuff since that was one of the suggestion. Although its been dry over here in canada for the last 4 days and I wash my car regularly and never had this problem before.
Appreciate 0