E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Samsung Galaxy and Idrive

10-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Samsung Galaxy and Idrive

Hey guys, I currently have an iphone and play music with the y-cable and all my playlists on the iphone show up on my idrive. I'm very close to ditching my iphone and getting a samsung galaxy s4 or note 3 and from my research I've found that if I plug an android phone into the usb, it won't show any playlists but those threads were pretty old so I wanted to know if that is still the case. So galaxy users, are you able to access your playlists through idrive? I have a 2010 335i with CIC idrive.
      10-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenY. View Post
Hey guys, I currently have an iphone and play music with the y-cable and all my playlists on the iphone show up on my idrive. I'm very close to ditching my iphone and getting a samsung galaxy s4 or note 3 and from my research I've found that if I plug an android phone into the usb, it won't show any playlists but those threads were pretty old so I wanted to know if that is still the case. So galaxy users, are you able to access your playlists through idrive? I have a 2010 335i with CIC idrive.
I don't believe it shows any playlists, it just shows the folder/file structure like if you plugged in a USB stick with your music on it.

Although, BMW does appear to be working on supporting Android more and more as they've just now released a snap-in cradle for the S2 and S3 to integrate directly into the car. Although most of the new development is going into the NBT units in the 2014 models, I don't know if BMW will add all this new support to the older CIC units.
Appreciate 0