E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Official Minnesota Chat Thread (#2)

02-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #199
trisnat1919
Private
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW 6 Series E63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=783342

Otherwise, I'd check with Kevin at IMOLA.

EDIT: What part of Philippines are you from?
Hey, thanks man! looking for matte black though...

I pretty much grew up all over pinas, i can speak tagalog, ilonggo, cebuano, tausug! haha but i stayed for quite a while in Dumaguete.

Where are you in minne? hoping you could help a flip brother out with some mods. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #200
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisnat1919 View Post

I pretty much grew up all over pinas, i can speak tagalog, ilonggo, cebuano, tausug! haha but i stayed for quite a while in Dumaguete.

Where are you in minne? hoping you could help a flip brother out with some mods. thanks!
I have a set of 18" VMR VB3s if you are interested....
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #201
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:

In Philippines, I lived in Pasig. Right now, I'm in the Lakeville/Farmington area. For sure I can help you out.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #202
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
In Philippines, I lived in Pasig. Right now, I'm in the Lakeville/Farmington area. For sure I can help you out.
Damn Martin, you may have found your twin! He has a 328xi as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #203
trisnat1919
Private
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man, it's nice to meet you here..
i'm pretty new when it comes to mod stuff. (so i need "guidance") lol! I had a 350Z before the bimmer but i never really did any mods on that one except sounds....

you live in Farmington? I actually found someone in craigslist selling me his set of vmr vb3 with tires less than a year old for $1000. you think thats a good price? i really like the v710 over the vb3 thou...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #204
trisnat1919
Private
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
are they matte black with tires? how much are you asking?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #205
trisnat1919
Private
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Damn Martin, you may have found your twin! He has a 328xi as well.
haha
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #206
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Thanks man, it's nice to meet you here..
i'm pretty new when it comes to mod stuff. (so i need "guidance") lol! I had a 350Z before the bimmer but i never really did any mods on that one except sounds....
you live in Farmington? I actually found someone in craigslist selling me his set of vmr vb3 with tires less than a year old for $1000. you think thats a good price? i really like the v710 over the vb3 thou...
I have 19in VB3s as my summers. $1000 seems fair. Are they 18 or 19in? What made you switch to a bmw from a 350z?

My mod recommendations: *Arranged by favorites*
1. BMS Powerbox
-Basically a little box that has preset throttle mappings that you hook up to ecu. Gets rid of the dead pedal.
2. Intake -I have a Injen Short Ram-
3. Wheels -I have 19in staggered VB3-
4. Lowering Suspension (Eibach / H&R / KW) -I have KW V3-
5. Exhaust -I did a muffler delete-
6. Tint (50% is legal limit, I suggest Tint Pros to tint your car)

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #207
MNm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Le Mans Blue e90 M3

Quote:
Anvar,

You are selling your VMRs? Why?

How much are you asking for them? i may be interested actually. Those are the ones you bought for the track right?
      02-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #208
MayorOfCoolCity
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan

Smelly heater!??!?!

Seeking advice or anybody that has had similar problem...

Bought a CPO 2008 335xi from Motorwerks mid December. The last few weeks it smells like SHIT inside when I have the heater on, particularly with the floor vents on. I had them (for free) clean the evaporator and "fog" the inside .... didn't help one tiny bit. In the little research I've done I think there is mold/mildew somewhere in the AC coils or something, or the evaporator drain is plugged/frozen. All I know is it is very annoying, disgusting, embarrassing, etc.

Any thoughts? Advice?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #209
Jred22
Meat Puppet
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 Competition

Garage List
Happened to me too, it was only after the car sat for a day or two without me driving it. I always thought it was the floor mats because I didn't have all weathers and water sometimes froze on them.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #210
MayorOfCoolCity
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan

Smelly heater!??!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred22 View Post
Happened to me too, it was only after the car sat for a day or two without me driving it. I always thought it was the floor mats because I didn't have all weathers and water sometimes froze on them.
Not the floormats. They are rubber. I also took them out and ran floor heater on full heat/full fan to just in case it was the carpet. Not it. Thanks though.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #211
fbazakos
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i coupe

any of you guys really awesome with procede stuff? i have it in my car but am not up to speed on this v5 stuff. i'd be willing to buy beer for whoever can help me get it updated to the latest & greatest.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #212
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfCoolCity View Post
Seeking advice or anybody that has had similar problem...

Bought a CPO 2008 335xi from Motorwerks mid December. The last few weeks it smells like SHIT inside when I have the heater on, particularly with the floor vents on. I had them (for free) clean the evaporator and "fog" the inside .... didn't help one tiny bit. In the little research I've done I think there is mold/mildew somewhere in the AC coils or something, or the evaporator drain is plugged/frozen. All I know is it is very annoying, disgusting, embarrassing, etc.

Any thoughts? Advice?
Oh man that would bother me like crazy!!! I can't imagine having a passenger or 'important' person in the car with it smelling bad.

Honestly, that is one of the things I would go and complain about. You bought it CPO, which means they tacked on roughly $3-$5000 onto the price for THEIR LABOR and parts that went into bringing the car back to like-new condition. Obviously it's not in like-new condition. You're not out-of-line or being a whiney complainer for wanting your car to NOT smell bad.

It has to be something inside the core if they replaced the cabin filter..which they routinely replace at maintenance intervals. So yeah, go in there screamin like Al Sharpton!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #213
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbazakos View Post
any of you guys really awesome with procede stuff? i have it in my car but am not up to speed on this v5 stuff. i'd be willing to buy beer for whoever can help me get it updated to the latest & greatest.
I think I can help with that. V5 has a lot of good stuff to offer.

Do you plan on wanting to keep updating to the latest and greatest on likely a monthly basis? Or would you like to update to the current goodies and extra power now and call it good for a while?

In short, there latest public V5 release is the 12-17 update. You could update to that and have all the good stuff V5 has to offer (naturally aspirated map, progressive meth map, autotuning, traction assist, launch control, etc.etc.etc. But, the latest stuff that's in the works is amazing. Significantly more power in the low-end and off-boost range, near perfect AFRs during all throttle transitions, dynamic ignition correction to help with the throttle transitions. The V4 was seemingly perfect before, and now this new stuff is shockingly good. I'm sure you know and feel that the PRocede V4 is amazing with power, smoothness, consistency, and an all-around great tune. These updates and new features simply make everything better; so you'll be pleasantly surprised. A few others and I have been testing the new DIC maps the past couple days, and it should be ready for a larger beta release later this week, and possibly going public in a couple weeks.

So, if you feel like updating now, you'll have fun with more power and you can update again in a month when all the new stuff comes out of beta. Or, if you wanna just wait til the newest stuff comes out of beta you can do that too. It literally takes 45 seconds to update the firmware and maps...extremely easy. You can do it with your laptop or I can bring my laptop over to do it.

That's a little overview of it, I'd be happy to go into more technical detail on anything if you wish
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #214
trisnat1919
Private
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
I have 19in VB3s as my summers. $1000 seems fair. Are they 18 or 19in? What made you switch to a bmw from a 350z?

My mod recommendations: *Arranged by favorites*
1. BMS Powerbox
-Basically a little box that has preset throttle mappings that you hook up to ecu. Gets rid of the dead pedal.
2. Intake -I have a Injen Short Ram-
3. Wheels -I have 19in staggered VB3-
4. Lowering Suspension (Eibach / H&R / KW) -I have KW V3-
5. Exhaust -I did a muffler delete-
6. Tint (50% is legal limit, I suggest Tint Pros to tint your car)

Hope that helps!
Hey! all of these looks awesome! unforntunately, im working on a budget here... so here is what i had in mind that that i can maybe work on whenever this damn snow goes away!
*in order of priorites too* lol

1. STaggered 19" Matte black vmr v710 or avant garde m310 or alufelgen (whichever will cost me cheaper)
2. Lowering suspension- What suspensions should I get if I need to adjust my ride height for winter & summer? do H&Rs do these kind of springs? or KW? but i know KWs are quite expensive. I just wanted to know what my options are.
3. Matte Black Grills
4. Matte black window trim (how am i ever going to pull that off?)
5. Muffler ( I got a magnaflow hand me down from one of the nicest guys here on the forum! I just haven't installed them yet) What does muffler delete mean?
6. Tint- just a little to pull off the white on black contrast look.
Are tint pros pretty affordable? or i might just go to the cheapest as long as theyre tinting job doesnt suck.

THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #215
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Hey! all of these looks awesome! unforntunately, im working on a budget here... so here is what i had in mind that that i can maybe work on whenever this damn snow goes away!
*in order of priorites too* lol

1. STaggered 19" Matte black vmr v710 or avant garde m310 or alufelgen (whichever will cost me cheaper)
2. Lowering suspension- What suspensions should I get if I need to adjust my ride height for winter & summer? do H&Rs do these kind of springs? or KW? but i know KWs are quite expensive. I just wanted to know what my options are.
3. Matte Black Grills
4. Matte black window trim (how am i ever going to pull that off?)
5. Muffler ( I got a magnaflow hand me down from one of the nicest guys here on the forum! I just haven't installed them yet) What does muffler delete mean?
6. Tint- just a little to pull off the white on black contrast look.
Are tint pros pretty affordable? or i might just go to the cheapest as long as theyre tinting job doesnt suck.

THANKS!
1. All those wheels sound good. VMR are pretty common on bmw.
2. To have different ride heights to accommodate winter and summer conditions, you would get a set of coilovers. Otherwise, if you are on a budget, get a set of springs. KW come in coilovers, all the others I listed are usually springs only. (I'm not 100% sure on that though)
3. I forgot to list kidney grills. I have Mattes on mine, I'm no sure if anyone locally has the glossy ones.
4. I would either having someone vinyl the trim or paint, there are plenty of threads about that.
5. Muffler delete is just deleting the stock muffler and replacing it with a exhaust pipe and tips.
6. Tint Pros is pretty affordable and most likely the best in the area. I would stick to 50% since that is legal limit and troopers are getting a little stricter and enforcing this. Tien is owner and really knows his stuff. I think he has set up shop in Imola, but otherwise he is mobile.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #216
trisnat1919
Private
Philippines
Rep

Hey what do you guys think about this one? Is this worth the price? since they have a little bend and some scratches how much would it cost to repair/repaint and where should I take them in Minne if I decide to buy them?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462465

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #217
Jred22
Meat Puppet
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 Competition

Garage List
Anyone else here have the JB4 yet? I just installed mine, feels good... real good.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #218
Small Block LSX
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Hey guys!

Got my 08 E90 335i sedan a few weeks ago. Picked it up at Motorwerks! Just checkin' in from Cottage Grove.

Got my first speed warning tonight on the way home from work. DOH!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #219
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Block LSX View Post
Hey guys!

Got my 08 E90 335i sedan a few weeks ago. Picked it up at Motorwerks! Just checkin' in from Cottage Grove.

Got my first speed warning tonight on the way home from work. DOH!
Welcome!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #220
trisnat1919
Private
Philippines
Rep

Appreciate 0