E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Aftermarket upgrades from CCC other than a CIC?

11-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
klebel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Aftermarket upgrades from CCC other than a CIC?

hey all,

I have an '08 335xi with the CCC iDrive. As we all know it is about as much fun to use as a pair of pliers on your finger nails. I want to replace it ASAP as I love my car and dont intend to replace it any time soon. Does anyone make an aftermarket head unit that looks good and fits in the iDrive display space? I was thinking the CIC route, but I couldnt do that work myself, it is a bit pricey and then you have to find someone who knows what they are doing. Any thoughts? I searched around here but came up short.

Thanks,

Kerry
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
temelj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M '08

Garage List
2008 E92 335 M  [0.00]
Hi,

Any aftermarket work would be more fiddly than a CiC retrofit and may not be entirely compatible with all the gear that you may have in your car. (ie. Bluetooth, Parking Sensors) You will also be losing the Service indicators.

The CiC does cost a bit of money but I believe it is the best approach since any other aftermarket might not look "right". I mean these cars are beautiful inside why compromise with potential downgrade in looks due to aftermarket parts?

Appreciate 0