E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Seven Weeks And Still Waiting - In The UK!

03-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #1
Redguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i SE

Garage List
2007 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Smile Seven Weeks And Still Waiting - In The UK!

Been on the phone again to my dealer today to chase up the car.

Originally ordered Feb. 7th. Optimum date was 25th March, but he said that it never takes as long and would be at least a week early. The date has changed a couple of times since, but last week he assured me that it would be here for the weekend, for March 31st at the latest.

Today he informs me that it should (all being well) be next week!

After a couple more calls, and only after I threatned to pull out, did he change his mind - it may now be Saturday. However, the biggest cheek was that he wanted to complete some paperwork over the phone to get the sale in for Months' end, to gurantee his bonus if the car doesn't arrive! I just wish he would not keep promising dates, only to call and tell me "...bit of bad news.." He only chased the distribution after some pushing, too, so if he can't supply the goods, I'll get my deposit back and go elswhere!

Have any of you guys had any similar problems?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Zartok
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Don't know if i'm typical UK buyers but I placed the order for my 320d on Feb 21st and picked it up Mar 24th.
Might be worth getting in touch with BMW UK to see if they can tell you what's going on.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
jakesmith
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

I suspect not typical - but I too ordered on 19th Feb and it is due tomorrow or Thursday. But the dealer wanted to get in for end of quater (end of March) and he told me they had 2 cars that were already ordered for the showroom, they already had production dates slots and he need only change the spec. to match mine. i.e. One way or another the dealer was getting a car nowish anyway.

So unless that is the case, I think you have to wait longer. i.e. you have to get a slot in production queue first.
      03-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #4
Marven
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 Sedan

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Naaa...

see my sig for my dates - I'm picking mine up tommorrow. Considering you guys are next to Germany it should not take that long....I'm across the pond and I've got mine quicker..sorry dont mean to make you feel like crap but this is not a good dealer, especially if he wants the sale without no work..as you guys would say "he's a wanker"...

M.
      03-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #5
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
i orderd my 320d sport about the 7 th of feb and had it on the 18th of march that was nice to get it quicky
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #6
Redguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Spoke to the dealer again yesterday, this time to the Sales Manager. All of a sudden, they can get my car for tomorrow or Saturday, as it has been 'prioritised' after I threatned to pull out of the deal.

Hoping this will finally sort it out!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2006, 02:28 AM   #7
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

I have this theory that on a new order, the dealer gets the car delivered to the showroom and tried to delay the customer picking up for a few days, so that he can he show prospective customers that particular model/option etc.
When I was car shopping, they'd often not have the spec. I'd want and they'd tell me they'd be getting it in on such a such date... my reckoning is that owners pickup date - 5 days or something!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2006, 03:37 AM   #8
Redguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 330i  [0.00]
You could be right. You never know what they are up to.

When I spoke to BMW UK - thanks Zartok - (after obtaining my order number from the dealer - another saga as they first gave a completly wrong code) they told me that the delivery date (requested by the dealer) was 4th April. This was given to BMW when they ordered the car - so why I was told 25th March is a mystery.

If it comes today, or more likely tomorrow, it would have been at least 3 weeks in dispatch from Germany.

Maybe they pushed it.
Appreciate 0