E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > BMW CANBEC - Montreal (TERRIBLE!!!)

09-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
Dipdidi
Private
Rep
Drives: none

BMW CANBEC - Montreal (TERRIBLE!!!)

I need to vent.

This is a terrible fucking dealer. I was advised not to purchase my car there but the stupid in me didnt listen. Such terrible terrible service.

Brought my car in for the HPFP issue, it took them 1 week to fix it. They gave me a shit ass KIA as a loaner... When my car was ready to pick up (i had to call to ask if it was ready and indeed it was) i drove there asap (fucking traffic on the 15) and picked up my car. The service guy told me they fixed the issue and off i went... Until i saw the car was shitted on by pigeons and so on, told them to wash the car (i never ask for this but the car looked terrible). They wash the car and one of the their guys drives my car to the parking lot (fucking guy driving all fast and shit)... Anyways i inspect the car and i swear to god the car looked worse then before, how this can be sounds impossible but true story. I just said fuck it and off i went...

On the 15 heading back to downtown i noticed my Tire Pressure light come on (im freaking out at this point) and had to go back into traffic and waste another 1 hour at the dealer until they found someone that can reset it (phew no flat). I leave the dealership once again as i see everyone that works there just running around like chicken.

1 week later Enterprise charges me nearly 300$ for the KIA loner (WTF!?!?!)... Why am I being charged!? So I call BMW 3 days ago telling them of the charges, the service guy told me this was something he had to look into as Enterprise WILL not credit me back my 300$ - 3rd day in and still not a fucking call from BMW.

I paid nearly 80k $ for this and THIS is the service they give? Good god.

Question - I heard LAVAL is a much better dealership, anyone else can recommend them? Will there be any issues if i take my car there to get serviced from now on even if i bought from Canbec (I say "issues" as i know there wont be any problems but thought id ask).

/VENT
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

ouch..sorry to hear that, by the way, i think you can always bring your car to any dealership for service!!

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipdidi View Post
I need to vent.

This is a terrible fucking dealer. I was advised not to purchase my car there but the stupid in me didnt listen. Such terrible terrible service.

Brought my car in for the HPFP issue, it took them 1 week to fix it. They gave me a shit ass KIA as a loaner... When my car was ready to pick up (i had to call to ask if it was ready and indeed it was) i drove there asap (fucking traffic on the 15) and picked up my car. The service guy told me they fixed the issue and off i went... Until i saw the car was shitted on by pigeons and so on, told them to wash the car (i never ask for this but the car looked terrible). They wash the car and one of the their guys drives my car to the parking lot (fucking guy driving all fast and shit)... Anyways i inspect the car and i swear to god the car looked worse then before, how this can be sounds impossible but true story. I just said fuck it and off i went...

On the 15 heading back to downtown i noticed my Tire Pressure light come on (im freaking out at this point) and had to go back into traffic and waste another 1 hour at the dealer until they found someone that can reset it (phew no flat). I leave the dealership once again as i see everyone that works there just running around like chicken.

1 week later Enterprise charges me nearly 300$ for the KIA loner (WTF!?!?!)... Why am I being charged!? So I call BMW 3 days ago telling them of the charges, the service guy told me this was something he had to look into as Enterprise WILL not credit me back my 300$ - 3rd day in and still not a fucking call from BMW.

Question - I heard LAVAL is a much better dealership, anyone else can recommend them? Will there be any issues if i take my car there to get serviced from now on even if i bought from Canbec (I say "issues" as i know there wont be any problems but thought id ask).

/VENT
If you really want to get your point across, I recommend that you write a letter to BMW Canada, with copy to CANBEC and your Sales Advisor, describing in detail why you are not happy camper. I got mine from Laval and service to date is great, however, there are stories like this at both dealers, so it's luck (or bad luck) of the draw thing!

You can also choose to speak with the service manager, and mention what you plan to do, and see what kind of response you get from them. Who knows, you may get a freebee....

09-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
Dipdidi
Private
Rep
Drives: none

Kenneth, some good advise there.

What type of loaners does BMW Laval hand out?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Kenneth, some good advise there.

What type of loaners does BMW Laval hand out?
Enterprise cars, chryslers I guess!!!!
      09-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
who was ur service advisor?

I always had good experience with Canbec even though i didn't purchase the car from them......I love this dealer .
And i went once to Laval and never again ..

Sorry to hear about ur experience
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
who was ur service advisor?

I always had good experience with Canbec even though i didn't purchase the car from them......I love this dealer .
And i went once to Laval and never again ..

Sorry to hear about ur experience
That's what I said.....Luck of the draw.....All the dealers are alike!
INCONSISTENT
      09-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #8
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90/E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
That's what I said.....Luck of the draw.....All the dealers are alike!
INCONSISTENT
+ 1

Don't teach a pig how to read, it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #9
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Question - I heard LAVAL is a much better dealership, anyone else can recommend them?
The service department is very good, imo. I say this even if I feel that they took a long time to repair my battery drain (2x 1 full week).

Loaners I got were Elantra, Cobalt, Grand Caravan, 323i and last week, a new Cooper S.

I am less enthusiast about their sales department, though.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #10
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
I need to vent.

/VENT

I can tell you this, I can recommend BMW Laval sales and parts departments but they're service and bodyshop are worst ever. Just gave those departments a big 0 on the e-net survey. I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I was with them several times. Regarding Canbec all I know is that they're sales are bunch of asses.

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

So we're screwed anyway you look at it
      09-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
So we're screwed anyway you look at it
I'm not ......Everybody knows me at Canbec lol and they always take care of me
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #13
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
I'm not ......Everybody knows me at Canbec lol and they always take care of me
Less power = less problems.

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #14
tigerw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Angry Terrible Service at BMW CANBEC

After years of driving vehicles, it was time to be responsible and buy a sedan upon our new arrival to the family. I have always been a loyal customer to Mercedes Benz and Acura. I thought I would shake it up a bit and purchase a BMW. You hear about the wow factor of the vehicle and the exceptional service by BMW. Could I be more wrong with BMW Canbec. I purchased a 2008 328I, my first preowned vehicle ever, however it was a BMW Certified Series (with the economic downturn I thought I would save a little money). The list of deficiencies and problems are long. It is obvious the previous owner smokes (which I did not know when I picked up the car as I was suffering from a sinus infection, but was assured by the sales consultant that the vehicle was smoke free). The brakes had a severe vibration when applying the brake at highway speeds (corrosion on rotors), interior cleanliness was not up to par to BMW Certified Series standards, large paint damage to the front lower pumper (it is also obvious the previous owner while smoking drove into a curb and mounted it). Since I live in Ontario, the vehicle was not plated and a temporary sticker was provided until I register the vehicle. Unfortunately for me, BMW Canbec did not provide me with the registration until 11 days after delivery. Yes, for those who know the temporary plate is only valid for 10 days. I was driving the car illegaly thanks to BMW Canbec. Promises were made to have the registration couriered to me days before. Like a sucker waiting for the cable person to arrive at the house it did not arrive until days after. Even with constant contact with BMW Canbec during this time I received the famous "It will be there tomorrow". Load and behold when I do receive by by DHL Courier the package is sent by GROUND SERVICE and not by express (way to go guys you saved $ 15 on courier fees). Now my BIG issue with BMW Canbec is the paint damage to the lower pumper. I was assured by CANBEC I could take the vehicle to BMW Toronto and have the repairs made there and CANBEC will take care of the bill (they estimated $ 100 for the paint damage) before I left the dealership. Well I got two quotes to make sure from the estimates are correct, one from BMW Toronto $ 750 and BMW Durham $ 800. Which makes more sense to me for those who have had body and paint work on their cars. Well, when I advised BMW Canbec and their manager that said the body shops are taking advantage of you and escalated the prices as it would only cost us $ 100 to fix at BMW Canbec (they must be using spray paint from Canadian Tire). They refused to pay for the repairs and suggested I drive back to Montreal and have the repairs made at BMW Canbec. Humm 4.5 hours drive ONE way, NOT going to happen. So now everyone knows my dilemma right now. With the newborn at home and 70 hour work week who needs the extra stress, I definately don't but hey the fight is not over until the fat lady sings. Is it possible to give BMW Canbec a score of -5 on a scale between 1-5??????? I think they should change their name to BMW-Lada Canbec. This fight has been a full time job!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #15
tigerw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

The service manager Jean Paquin is also useless. Been fighting with him for two weeks now with no results. My next step is writing a letter to BMW Canada's president. Heard is a great help.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 10:56 AM   #16
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

So sorry this happened to you.. Hope you get reparation through BMW Canada.

All I know, and this is by reading lots of posts here and elsewhere, and talking to people, and my own experience...

IS this:

At any specific dealer in North America, One's purchasing experience can be great, the other guy's piss poor... Same dealer, service dept is Piss poor for one, and a great for the other... YMMV to all..

Sad but true. I had a very bad purchasing experience at Canbec back in 2003, so I went to Laval for all service done to the car. It was great.

Then I purchased my E90 in 2007 at Laval.. Great sales guy. Everything fine and dandy.. But then needed to go at BMW Laval to have hail storm damages fixed, and I had the worst experience ever...

So now I bought an E86 at Canbec and got a great sales experience...
So the big question is : Where to do the service?

PS.. Using paragraphs makes your rant easier to read...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #17
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

They ve been through a few Bodyshop managers lately in Laval, I had them do a small repair on my car, color match was less than perfect, but they redid the job untill I was satisfied.
I have no complaints about service department.
They have a few 323's as loaners but they go quick. mostly Focus,Cobalt etc..
      05-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #18
fizzerd
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i

I had good sales service by my CA at Canbec. Even though I live in Ontario, my SA went about an hour away from the dealership to get my plates on the day of delivery.

I live in ottawa did everything on the phone with my CA..There was a signature missing from the paperwork so my CA drove over to Ottawa in the weekend and I signed..Brought me couple of bmw gifts too.. Oh and the paperwork said I would get a BMW loaner complimentary if I bring the car for service to the dealership..

I think it is also important to have a good relation with your CA..getting a loaner should be taken care of easily by your CA if you bought your car from them..I'm not sure if the people who had bad service there ever go through their CA? Btw tigerw there are numerous number of dealers around GTA so why would you go to montreal?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #19
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Write to BMW. I had a flat one day, and Road Assist took 5 hours to show up (long story... basically a chained link of failures, and a few towing companies who didn't do their job). I wrote BMW a letter, and two weeks following that someone called me to apologise, and the week after I got a $500 cheque from them.
      07-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #20
anibalschumacher
Rep
Drives: e60

canbec

hello everybody!
so u guys know canbec's president's name?
i need to send a complaint letter... :-(
thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #21
TSFG
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Worst Experience ever

I have to deal with them four times since I got my X5 two yrs ago. Each time was like a nightmare.
The first appointment was for my winter tires. I was told on the phone it would take an hour; so I took the first appointment 7:30 and got out of the dealer at 14:00,
Second time was for the first scheduled maintenance; they came and picked up the truck and was supposed to be delivered early afternoon of the same day (Friday). At 15:00; I have not heard from them so I called to make sure that I can get my truck and join my kids who are on their winter break at the cottage. I was told that it will be there in an hour at 16:00 I called them back only to be told that it will not be ready until Tuesday next week.
YOU CAN IMAGINE MY ANGER.... I called the owner of the dealer... SIR was busy and was reverted back to the service department. The lady at the service department told me that it is almost 5 o'clock and they can't do much I told her my situation and I needed to get to the cottage that night if I can not they will hear from my lawyers. I got a loaner at 20:00...
SO PLEASE AVOID THIS DEALER I had Audi for years and Auto Lauzon has the best service one can imagine.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #22
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

there's only 2 bmw dealers in montreal ?
Appreciate 0