E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > oe tuning on 328 xdrive

06-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
johnsonz1122
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 335xi

oe tuning on 328 xdrive

finally pull my trigger and decide to give oe tune a try instead of aa tune.
the tune took a good 3 hour to finish. it took an hour and half to read my ecu file and another hour and half to flash the new one.
neways, currently i hv performance exhaust and a k&n highflow filter and carbon filter delete.and my is xdrive FYI.

rite after the tune, i give it a ride and go on to highway to rev it up a bit.
first thought of this tune when i start up my car and drive in city.
it actually didnt give me much more power than i expected, i can few it pull harder after 3k. and the rev seems go up and down faster, and i can feel the throttle response is better than before, the lag we use to have been gone mostly.

when i go onto freeway, i can feel a bit more power in 3rd gear from 4k all the way to redline. and the car pull harder after 60mph.
overall i didnt see too much power gain from it. mayb my butt dyno is not that sensitive , or the tune might be too smooth for me to feel the difference.
driving in D in city , i can barely tell the difference from before, i think most difference might be the remap of the throttle respone.

should i let my car to adapt the tune for a while, and few days later i will see a better gain ? i am not sure abt this.

lastly , and something interesting, i have a perf exhaust, and for those of u who has it. we all know that when we rev it up ard 3k and let go the gas ,
the exhaust will make a poping sound , but now it's goneeee . my exhuast
will hardly produce that kind of gurgle sounds. and i am not sure what causing this. can someone chime in and tell me this?

i understand that we have a NA engine , and there is so little we can gain from a tune. mayb i was expecting more than i should.
i will keep u guys updated few days later. to see if there will be any changes,
PM me if you need coding for f30s in GVR
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
M3DCTBT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

beat on it and let it adapt - i've found with these tunes we needed to drive them hard to get the power to climb on the dyno.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
johnsonz1122
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3DCTBT View Post
beat on it and let it adapt - i've found with these tunes we needed to drive them hard to get the power to climb on the dyno.
I ve been driven it really hard yesterday . I guess thats what I gonna do the next few days. Lol
PM me if you need coding for f30s in GVR
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 03:46 AM   #4
bmw328icoupeeddie
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

I had OE tune done a month ago, my first impression was like yours but after two weeks i felt that it pulls harder than before and the hp gain is more noticeable than the first day it got tuned, so just be patient, she will surprise you in few more days.