E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E92 320d Oil Leak around inter-cooler area

05-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
ApoelAlex
Private
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: E92 320d M Sport

Exclamation E92 320d Oil Leak around inter-cooler area

hi all,

I had the timing chain fixed some time ago so perhaps the oil leak is related to this fix. Maybe something got loose during the process etc...

I have noticed that there is a leak around the inter-cooler area from a specific hose. If am not mistaken, there should be only air in that hose. Car hasn't lost any of its performance and drives just fine. After the timing chain fixed, the engine is a lot smoother now and more quieter.

Is this something I need to worry about? I am going to take the car to the mechanic on Tuesday. In the meantime should I stop driving the car?

Please see below the attached pictures.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

that looks similar to the chrage pipe on the 35d which is known to leak - this is cured by replacing the rubber seal inside the pipe - seal costs about £8
Appreciate 0