E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Stay away from JBSpeed

07-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
chaggitto
Not So New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive

Stay away from JBSpeed

By dar the worst thing I could have ever done was buy from this guy or these people.

My original order was for the performance spoiler ( carbon ), the roof spoiler and a set of gloss black kidney grills, which he managed to send to the wrong address and tried blaming it on the postal services.

1st. I ordered a carbon replica of the performance spoiler. I took it to have it professionally installed and they laughed at me. The thing is so bent there is no way to hold it down to the trunk unless it's screwed in. I emailed the vendor and all he did was referred me to the thread where some "happy customers" had no issues.

2nd. In the same order I ordered a set of gloss black kidney grills which one of them came broke in the mail. I emailed him and his answer was : " for the grills, please do try and install it first. i know one clip is broken, but it wont affect the fitment at all. if it still dont fit good, i'll send you a replacement. "

3rd. The roof spoiler was ok at least, it does not sit right on the mirror, meaning it does not reach enough to go from one end to the other, has a few centimeters off, but it's manageable I guess. To this, I told him I would just leave it as it is.

He asked me to installed BROKEN grills. Which I replied no and he then decided to mail me replacements.

When I got the replacement it was a matte black not gloss like the original. So now I have 1 matte 1 gloss. Ok, no problem he admitted it was his fault and mailed me another which was gloss how it was intended.

This 3rd kidney gill came so beat up there is no possible way to mount it.

This is how the grill came in the mail. The one on the floor was the original order the one on the table is the one I just got.

I dont have pictures of the spoiler as of right now, maybe another day I could snap a few.

My recommendation, stay away from this vendor. He states that "Guarantee the quality, or money back!!" Yet this is not the case when you get the wrong thing or broken stuff in the mail.

I don't have the time to be emailing him only to be told how others are extremely happy, well I am not.

Sorry for the rant I just hope this does not happen to anyone else.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
cisf0rcalvin
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Its a hit or miss. I first bought a rear m3 lip spoiler. That was flawless. Then I bought some painted splitters. Paint was cracked on one side but it wasn't noticeable unless you look closely. I emailed him and he said he'll refund me 60 dollars. Later I see the refund transaction, he refunded me only 30. When I emailed to ask about this he said it was because he gave me a discount already because I asked to price match with another vendor here. Later, the splitter cracked when I hit a parking spot curb so I went with ebay and quality was pretty much the same for way less.
Add Ons: Charcoal Filter Delete, K&N Drop-in, Air Scoops, HID Angel Eyes, Splitters, M3 Lip Spoiler, Gloss Black Kidney Grills, Blackvue DR500-GW, M-Tech rear, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 control arms, Bilstein HD
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
TrentOSU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' AW e90 335i M-Sport

I only bought pedals from him..hope those are okay and show up.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

I'm pretty sure he's a supplier and doesn't make the actual parts and that's why quality iis so varied. That said it sounds like he did try to make good. He sent new parts..did you ask for a refund? Damaged or not, they did send out 3 different grilles. I understand it's frustrating but the time it took to make this thread could have been spent packing up the broken items and filling out a shipping slip to return to sender for a full refund.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
chaggitto
Not So New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
I'm pretty sure he's a supplier and doesn't make the actual parts and that's why quality iis so varied. That said it sounds like he did try to make good. He sent new parts..did you ask for a refund? Damaged or not, they did send out 3 different grilles. I understand it's frustrating but the time it took to make this thread could have been spent packing up the broken items and filling out a shipping slip to return to sender for a full refund.

After 20 emails, one tends to give up. I also tried working with him. 500$ down and 5 weeks later it's when I made the thread. It's not like this happened yesterday and I'm trying to just destroy his reputation. How many emails you think it'd have been ok ?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggitto View Post
After 20 emails, one tends to give up. I also tried working with him. 500$ down and 5 weeks later it's when I made the thread. It's not like this happened yesterday and I'm trying to just destroy his reputation. How many emails you think it'd have been ok ?
You're right that's a lot of back and forth. I maybe would have demanded a full refund and to send the parts back. If not dispute the charge with your financial institution. Be done with it and move on to Sara's censored vendor lol
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
wesyee
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan

If you used a credit card and they won't refund you, why not file a chargeback?
      07-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
You can't blame the box being damaged on the vendor. Call up the shipping company and complain to them. Often times you'll have summer students working in the back tossing boxes around and that's how stuff gets damaged.
      07-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #9
TrentOSU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' AW e90 335i M-Sport

To add...you always take a risk by not purchasing OEM and obtaining replicas coming from who knows where to save $$.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
I've always had a good experience from JBspeed

i've ordered countless things from them and everything has always been good.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

at least they send you replacement.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Everybody sells the same cosmetic rep parts save for some custom bumpers.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #13
goofyboots81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 428xi

Garage List
2010 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
2014 BMW 428xi  [10.00]
Quote:
By dar the worst thing I could have ever done was buy from this guy or these people.

My original order was for the performance spoiler ( carbon ), the roof spoiler and a set of gloss black kidney grills, which he managed to send to the wrong address and tried blaming it on the postal services.

1st. I ordered a carbon replica of the performance spoiler. I took it to have it professionally installed and they laughed at me. The thing is so bent there is no way to hold it down to the trunk unless it's screwed in. I emailed the vendor and all he did was referred me to the thread where some "happy customers" had no issues.

2nd. In the same order I ordered a set of gloss black kidney grills which one of them came broke in the mail. I emailed him and his answer was : " for the grills, please do try and install it first. i know one clip is broken, but it wont affect the fitment at all. if it still dont fit good, i'll send you a replacement. "

3rd. The roof spoiler was ok at least, it does not sit right on the mirror, meaning it does not reach enough to go from one end to the other, has a few centimeters off, but it's manageable I guess. To this, I told him I would just leave it as it is.

He asked me to installed BROKEN grills. Which I replied no and he then decided to mail me replacements.

When I got the replacement it was a matte black not gloss like the original. So now I have 1 matte 1 gloss. Ok, no problem he admitted it was his fault and mailed me another which was gloss how it was intended.

This is how the grill came in the mail. The one on the floor was the original order the one on the table is the one I just got.

I dont have pictures of the spoiler as of right now, maybe another day I could snap a few.

My recommendation, stay away from this vendor. He states that "Guarantee the quality, or money back!!" Yet this is not the case when you get the wrong thing or broken stuff in the mail.

I don't have the time to be emailing him only to be told how others are extremely happy, well I am not.

Broken clips / beat up grilles. Sounds like a stolen part to me.
      07-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #14
bob.g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

i ordered from him a while ago and my part came scratched, i requested a partial refund for it rather then waste more time and money returning it. However ive also bought from e92 lighting a few times never had an issue, despite tons of ppl hating on em.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #15
OvalsE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Aw/Cr

man i just orderd cf emblems for $40 and sent to JBSPEED as a gift i better get the cf emblems!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #16
e92_euro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328i

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [10.00]
I've had a bad experience with JBSpeed as well. I ordered a CF Performance Spoiler and after a month of asking where my item was and requesting updates, Brian from JBSpeed admitted that he didn't even ship the product out yet. At least he refunded my money back, but i'm never buying from JBSpeed again.

{2008 e92 328i MT} 19" 313 wheels wrapped in Yokohama S Drive | FK Silverline Coilovers | Burgertuning spacers | Active Autowerkes Exhaust | Aero Front Kit | ZHP Shift Knob | City Vision AE | Coded Corners |
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #17
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
I have never had a problem with JB Speed. I have their trunk spoiler, front splitters, and CF black roundels for my 135. Excellent quality and service. I also have never had a problem with Mo4bargains either and I have been using them for years. Alan's the MAN!

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
MrPig
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 STI, '90 325iS

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Heck no I've already gotten 28 infractions so far. No more.
Because of your totally misleading, blue-ball inducing thread titles?
      07-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #19
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

moral of the story, no reps!
      07-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #20
Snaggletooth
General Nuisance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

JBspeed has been okay with me. I could see where there would be issues with the post though. It's hit or miss, but I don't think it's necessarily 100% JBspeed's fault.
      07-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #21
JBSPEED
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:

just to let you know i wouldn't have sent you something that's broken. it was broken during the shipping and that's something i couldn't control of. after you let me know the problem i sent you a replacement right away. yes i sent you the wrong replacement then i sent you the correct one the next day. sadly it came broken again. it's nothing i could have done. i gave you full refund in less than 6 hours when you emailed me this problem. so what's the problem now? you didn't lose any money. i did what a seller was supposed to do.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #22
JBSPEED
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesyee View Post
If you used a credit card and they won't refund you, why not file a chargeback?
he has got the refund the day he showed me the pics.
Appreciate 0