E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Hood repair due to lots of paint chips

08-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
paprmkr
BMW Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60 w/M-Performance ki

Hood repair due to lots of paint chips

i took car to shop and they told me hood had previous work. it had some cracks by the roundel. they quoted me extra $160 to rework. as i was on phone i pictured lots of filler so i agreed with expectation that all filler be removed and metal work done properly this time. the agreed. I also wanted to see work before the work it. i wanted to make sure all old fill was removed. well when i arrived at shop there was no filler but it had been painted previously. they just had to feather it down all the way. so i said i guess no fee since no body work was needed. they said fee still applied cus they had to use 80 grit. i guess i will have to talk to my insurance bcus the chips they were fixing were right on top of that damage crack they say they found. so wouldn't they have to sand it down anyways. thats the way we used to do it back in the late 70's and 80's when i worked in shops. guess its just another way to get $$ from customer. well insurance gonna have to cover that. (i hope)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
hellafast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: black 335i coupe

You might have just paid the bimmer tax lol
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
paprmkr
BMW Enthusiast
Rep