E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Avoid VOB BMW.

05-25-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Avoid VOB BMW.

I called VOB BMW on Friday and I wanted to get new wiper inserts because my wipers were making noise. Keep in mind I got my car at Passport BMW because we were having a horrible time with VOB already with my sis's car. I called them up and I pressed 0 for an operator. I started explaining the situation, you know, I got my car from Passport BMW and I wanted new wiper inserts etc...and as I was talking to him he hangs up on me. I call the guy again, and this time he transfers me to the service department in them middle of my explanation. This is where it really gets juicy, After about 5 minutes. The sticking service department hung up the phone on me! I called back and wanted to speak with a manager, I was told none were around. I told them that that would be the last time I EVER did business with them EVER again. Lousy BMW service center. I have already reported them to BMW NA.

Sorry, couldn't hold it in any longer. I needed to Vent.

Thanks.

P.S. I forgot to add that I took my sis's car in on Thursday for brake fluid. They called me and said my car was ready, I got my car 45 minutes later. I dropped the car off at 8 AM and got it back at 2 PM. VOB BMW SUCKS! AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
VVA330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Not that I will ever use them but thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

that really sucks for sure. We have bought two cars from VOB but later from Passport. I found Passport to be better in terms of service. I would definately raise hell and let BMW know the real deal. These people can't act like jerks and get away with it.

GL and let us know if there is something e can do to help.

Raja
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

I had service done at VOB without much incident, it wasn't spectacular per se, but nothing out of the ordinary. Who was your service adviser?
      05-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #5
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
I had service done at VOB without much incident, it wasn't spectacular per se, but nothing out of the ordinary. Who was your service adviser?
His name was Muhammad.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
HennarotM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e30 M3, e90 M3

VOB participates in the AAA Member buying program, which is $1200 over invoice. They offered me my car (MSRP $46,075) for $45,500 when the invoice is under $43,000. I can add, idiots.
      05-26-2008, 08:09 AM   #7
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3MC, 2019 Audi TT RS

I almost bought a car from them a few months back but when I went into sign they decided that my downpayment was $2800 instead of 2K. I was like this isn't want we decided on and the sales lady said fine....you can leave! So I did. She started calling me a liar and all this good stuff...real professional! The whole time the financial Manager was trying to get me to stay and make the deal but that wasn't going happen. They ended up losing 2 sales because my brother cancelled his order because of it and went with another dealer. Easily the worst dealership experience I've ever had.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #8
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/VOB-BMW-review-68/

Look at their ratings.

O and this thread is now in google if you search VOB BMW. Post all your concerns guys! Don't let others make the same mistake!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #9
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
I actually beg to differ. I bought from Passport (great experience, I couldn't be happier with the sales staff, my CA was Jim Redden (now sales manager). But for various reasons, I couldn't gel with my assigned SA at Passport.

Whenever I have concerns or questions about what I've read here, I get such condescending remarks like "oh, the internet doesn't exist" or "you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet". He wasn't outright rude or unprofessional but he carried himself in a cocky demeanour that really turned me off (and made me feel stupid). And twice I was inconvenienced with sub-standard rental cars (including a stinky high mileage old Hyundai Accent) from enterprise (this was before their enterprise stocked up on E90s).

I finally got fed up soon after and started shopping for a new SA and my E46 driving colleague recommended Gint (at VOB). I only have great things to say about Gint and VOB, he's knowledgeable, passionate (he drives a modded E46 M3) and very accomodating. All my service appointments have been consistently smooth and trouble free and all my (sometimes petty) requests and questions were always addressed promptly and courteously.

FYI, wiper inserts were never a problem for me, at my last service, my SA even reminded me if I needed any. And when I complained about grooving on one of my rotors (from debris), he had all of the rotors replaced. One time I came for a required oil change and my SA assessed and executed the 30k service in about 2 hours while I waited. I was actually scheduled to drive out of town that day and he was able to accomodate that, I thought that was pretty impressive. Oh and the best part is he never minded the mods I have on the car.

The only downside (so far) about 1) Gint is sometimes difficult to get a hold of on the phone and email (especially when scheduling appointments) but he's quick to get back to you for updates when your car is there - not sure about other SAs there 2) absolutely no BMW loaners for regular service (they have an Enterprise onsite) 3) Rockville traffic can be a pain sometimes 4) waiting area is minimal at best

Facilitywise, I think Passport and Sterling has the upperhand, VOB is really due for a major makeover. But I place a lot of value in owner-SA relationship/experience/chemistry, I think (as the OP have spelled out) it can really affect the overall ownership experience.

I wish the OP much luck in finding the SA/facility that 'clicks' with him.

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0