E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > just venting..

11-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
k8dgr8
k8dgr8
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 coupe

just venting..

so im just gon' vent here since this is a bmw forum.. and im sure some of the folks down there prolly members in here.

so i've been having this 'long crank' issue for a lil' while now.. but everytime i take it in, (steve thomas @ camarillo) dealer, they cant find sh*t. its irritating coz' everytime i get my car back, i just park it in the garage, and only use it on the weekends whenever i need to grab groceries. but then the long crank keeps happening over and over and it makes me f'n nervous.. so... to make it short, im trying to drop off my car late afternoon (coz i got a job) but then dealer cant provide me a f'n shuttle service back home. i mean i got my boiz to help me out but my point is how the hell this highend company cant provide the simpliest customer f'n service?! i know this part is not even that serious but it adds up to my frustration about my Hpfp problem. i mean when the hell they gon find out if theres something wrong with my car, when i get into a serious accident?! JC!!!!!!!!!! as some of you guys know im just new here in cali.. but damn is camarillo dealership service sucks or what?!!

oh and i tried to talk to their manager, but for some reason they put me on hold then i get cut off. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anybody help me out here... which dealership should i go to? im on ventura side though..

ugh.. i love my baby but all this bs.... man. im thinking bout switching to audi..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

PM this guy: http://www.m3post.com/forums/member.php?u=62484
maybe he can help you get better service at steve thomas.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 01:57 AM   #3
supahdave
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW 335i Sedan

I have had great service there. Talk to warren or travis.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #4
supahdave
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW 335i Sedan

Dealer policy is they wont replace parts unless it is completely bad. Probably wont do anything until then unless you go in under the recall.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
slimmie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB e92 335i

You most likely got to wait until u get the half engine code.. Ive tried at Thousand Oaks Rusnak for the crank and they did nothing until it threw a code..

dont worry too much about the hpfp failing on you tho... it just feels like your car becoming a 328 -.-
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

a bit more anemic than a 328, but yeah. limp mode isn't as bad as everyone says.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
k8dgr8
k8dgr8
United_States
Rep

isnt as bad??? u serious?? well, i havent tried a 328.. hmm.. well i guess i just have to wait. how the hell would i know if the codes are out?? they prolly just tell me they cant see shit coz theyre too lazy.. ughh. its just irritating.. well thanks guys! hopefully itll get fixed soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #8
DriftDreamzSS
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Send a message via AIM to DriftDreamzSS Send a message via Yahoo to DriftDreamzSS
Ive had nothing but great service at Steve Thomas. Travis has been very helpful every time my car has gone in.
      11-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
slimmie
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8dgr8 View Post
isnt as bad??? u serious?? well, i havent tried a 328.. hmm.. well i guess i just have to wait. how the hell would i know if the codes are out?? they prolly just tell me they cant see shit coz theyre too lazy.. ughh. its just irritating.. well thanks guys! hopefully itll get fixed soon.
hehe .. well.. once u get the half engine warning.. ur car will log the error or "code" and itll appear on the report when you go in for service.. they wont lie and say "nothings there" because they actually want to service your car so they can bill bmw and make some moniessss
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
Tableaux
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Before I had my hpfp replaced (along with the fuel injectors + software update), I had to purposely get into limp mode before bringing it in. If you have an auto, you can do what I did. Start the car cold in the morning, when you see the RPMs fluctuate and go higher to compensate, put it into reverse - It'll stutter and the half-engine light will come on. The code will stay there for a while, so I'd make an appointment for the next day.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 02:42 AM   #11
yakev724
Brigadier General
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 11 Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8dgr8 View Post
im thinking bout switching to audi..
new s4 is one hell of a car. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #12
slimmie
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tableaux View Post
Before I had my hpfp replaced (along with the fuel injectors + software update), I had to purposely get into limp mode before bringing it in. If you have an auto, you can do what I did. Start the car cold in the morning, when you see the RPMs fluctuate and go higher to compensate, put it into reverse - It'll stutter and the half-engine light will come on. The code will stay there for a while, so I'd make an appointment for the next day.
omg nice.. i feel my next hpfp failing imma try this out =D
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I've had nothing but expert personal service at Steve Thomas. Travis is totally up for serving the customer, I didn't like Warren as much. Mike is a personal friend of the family, so his chair is the only one I will sit in any more.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 02:48 AM   #14
k8dgr8
k8dgr8
United_States
Rep

well, im not saying any names.. its just the way the company works i guess.. i dont blame the workers.. you know what i mean.. i guess the dude who made the shuttle drivers go home at noon.. LOL thats just annoys me.

anyway,Tableaux thanks for that advice.. imma try it next time it happens.. hopefuly it wouldnt get worst..
Appreciate 0