E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > My planned audio install - opinions?!

02-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Arrow My planned audio install - opinions?!

I will be hoepfully purchasing my e92 335i with logic 7 in the next 2 weeks if all goes accordingly for me, but I have started with the planning of my stereo already.

With a little help from Technic, I think I have this all figured out, LOL.

So...the components.

Morel Dotech Ovation 4" for the front
IDMAX 12" sub in the rear (have it in my current car...LOVE the sub)
Alpine pdx-4.100; PDX- 600.1
Fosgate 360.2

I think that choosing the 360.2 is the best for me as its an all in 1 unit that will sum/de-eq/re-eq what I need, which is front stage only.

I plan on going from the OEM unit to the 360.2 as follows

Front L/R speakers --> Front L/R hi level 360.2
Sub L and Sub R --> Rear L/R hi level 360.2

Then I will 'sum' them together, allowing for the eq to go flat with these.

Then

360.2 Front L/R outputs to channel 1&2 on the PDX-4 (fronts - highpassed ~120hz)

360.2 rear L/R outputs to channel 3&4 (rear) bandpassed from ~60hz-120hz~ for the underseat subs. I can use them as rear because it keeps them stereo and am not running a rear stage aside from the stock unit.

360.2 sub output to the PDX 600.1, lowpassed around 70hz (to get a tad more bass from the rear)

When tuning, I will set my fader to the front a tad more so as to make the rear speakers simply 'rear' fill, and will do this during the OEM integration part, so its set and forget.

I think this will work. Anyone that does not think this will work, please, speak up and tell me your opinions. Anyone that does think it will work, please tell me so.

Im getting jacked up for this car!!!!! I can hardly wait!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
RipsE92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Save your money and put it in some other mods. IMO you are adding to much to an already nice sounding Logic7 system. The only thing that needs upgrading in the bottom end.

This is what I did with mine:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=12
Appreciate 0