E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede feature request and 2-step question

01-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
tcw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Procede feature request and 2-step question

I would like to request these features to be added to the Procede. If any other members have ideas then maybe we can put a list together for Shiv. Also you may notice most of these are features are from the JB4. I just swapped over and would like to see them implemented with the Procede.

- Gauge Hijack on 50% or more throttle
- Stock boost until the oil gets up to temp

My 2-step question is if there is a way to turn off the 2-step when doing a burnout at the drag strip... if not add that to the list.
2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Funny. I put in a feature request for the jb4 to give me full boost from the get go. Grass is always greener...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #3
pinky_and_me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 335xi

There used to be a setting that controlled at what temp the Procede took over, it's probably still there but set to 0 or something.

You can keep gauge hijack on all the time and push the cruise stalk up when you want to check the gas and oil temps.

The 2-step is only active if the car is not moving and the clutch is depressed so if you can start the burnout while the car is moving slowly forward then it wouldn't kick in.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Funny. I put in a feature request for the jb4 to give me full boost from the get go. Grass is always greener...
You can change the protection over to coolant temps instead of oil temps which warm up much faster. That cold oil protection is there for a good reason though
      01-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
You can change the protection over to coolant temps instead of oil temps which warm up much faster. That cold oil protection is there for a good reason though
Hmmm. I did not know about changing to coolant temp and do not see how to do that. Do you know how?

I know the protection is there for a reason, but still, I'd like to be the one to decide when I get to use the extra boost. 70% of the time my drive is over before jb4 turns on... I feel exposed. ha.

This said, probably doesn't matter too much to me right now as it is all snow and ice. Plus am thinking of moving to cobb soon anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Hmmm. I did not know about changing to coolant temp and do not see how to do that. Do you know how?

I know the protection is there for a reason, but still, I'd like to be the one to decide when I get to use the extra boost. 70% of the time my drive is over before jb4 turns on... I feel exposed. ha.

This said, probably doesn't matter too much to me right now as it is all snow and ice. Plus am thinking of moving to cobb soon anyway.
Don't know, email Terry at terry@burgertuning.com
      01-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Don't know, email Terry at terry@burgertuning.com
I fail. I asked this question at n54tech quite some time ago. Someone responded on how to do this. Not sure how I forgot about that.

Have to set FutureUseD=100.

Do you know if the cobb maps/tune let you use full boost right away? I imagine it must?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:

This is a bad idea to be honest. As others have said, the oil and water protections are there for a reason. If 70% of your drive is over before you get the JB4 on, then you're oil isn't getting warm enough to boil all the condensation out anyway. Make sure you drive the car some more at least once a week. Full boost on cold is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard, but it is your car and if you want, should be your decision. Just don't be surprised if you cook components quicker.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

OP, out of curiosity, why did you switch? It seems most people are going to the G5 or Cobb now.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #10
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
I fail. I asked this question at n54tech quite some time ago. Someone responded on how to do this. Not sure how I forgot about that.

Have to set FutureUseD=100.

Do you know if the cobb maps/tune let you use full boost right away? I imagine it must?
There is some ecu logic that prevents full boost from being achieved before coolant temps reach a certain operating temperature but you wont be limited to stock boost like the Jb4.
      01-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #11
tcw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky_and_me View Post
There used to be a setting that controlled at what temp the Procede took over, it's probably still there but set to 0 or something.

You can keep gauge hijack on all the time and push the cruise stalk up when you want to check the gas and oil temps.

The 2-step is only active if the car is not moving and the clutch is depressed so if you can start the burnout while the car is moving slowly forward then it wouldn't kick in.
Hopefully someone else can chime in with some more information on the temperature based activation.

What do you mean push the cruise stalk up? The only way I know how to change the gauges is through the command center when the car is off.

I would still like a way to switch off the 2-step. I feel it adds unnecessary risk doing a rolling burn out when you have track workers nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i View Post
OP, out of curiosity, why did you switch? It seems most people are going to the G5 or Cobb now.
VFF700
2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450
Appreciate 0