E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 320i errors: No communication possible with...

11-24-2023, 10:52 AM   #1
fd1v
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i

320i errors: No communication possible with...

Hi all

A few days ago on my way to work I smelled some burned wires. I stopped immideately, trying to check where it was coming from, but could not find anything. There was no smoke, and no errors on the dash board.

The car was running as before, so I kept driving it. Today I attached laptop with diag, and found a number of errors indicating there are no comms with differnt modules, so I am suspecting that some wiring (CAN bus?) could be damaged.

Is there anything you would suggest me to check?

Thank you in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2023, 08:09 PM   #2
CLEAN13BOOSTED
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E93 3351

Since the vehicle is performing fine and we do not have any other warning lights I would note and clear the codes and see if any reset. Does the mileage stored with the codes correlate with the vehicle mileage? I would suspect on a communication error with our Transmission control unit we would have drivability symptoms if this were a current/active fault.
Appreciate 0