E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > OT: problem with CD burning

10-27-2007, 03:16 AM   #1
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
OT: problem with CD burning

right there are two songs in my play list that whenever i burn them they dont play ?? but they play on my miswahs cd player i her car?

WTF?

it just skips them?

so pissed off now, been happening 7 months and ive had enough

Carlos
      10-27-2007, 03:20 AM   #2
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Wink

Carlos -do you wake up in a mornin and think 'what the fook can I post about today? - it's an easy answer - Give your dad his car back and buy your own (the same as the miswah)

some people are just not happy!! - get given a 335D and moan that their CD won't play in it!!

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 03:23 AM   #3
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
Carlos -do you wake up in a mornin and think 'what the fook can I post about today? - it's an easy answer - Give your dad his car back and buy your own (the same as the miswah)

some people are just not happy!! - get given a 335D and moan that their CD won't play in it!!

not as simple as that!

so why aint these particular songs playng? what i said was the song plays in her car but dont play in mine? wtf?

no all i want is an asnwer to rectify the situation
      10-27-2007, 03:28 AM   #4
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
dunno! - what software you burnin them with? I use Nero...have done for years and it never fails. Have you tried a different brand of CDR...some players dont like certain brands, athough that is more a problem of yesteryear with old players, new ones should give you no hassle at all. Are they massive files (ie long tracks at a very high bitrate? You could try re-ripping the songs using a lower bitrate to bring the file size down a little?

All just ideas and to be honest quite long shots?

Yo not got 6FL carlos?? I rarely play CD's in mine so have had no trouble so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 04:30 AM   #5
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
dunno! - what software you burnin them with? I use Nero...have done for years and it never fails. Have you tried a different brand of CDR...some players dont like certain brands, athough that is more a problem of yesteryear with old players, new ones should give you no hassle at all. Are they massive files (ie long tracks at a very high bitrate? You could try re-ripping the songs using a lower bitrate to bring the file size down a little?

All just ideas and to be honest quite long shots?

Yo not got 6FL carlos?? I rarely play CD's in mine so have had no trouble so far.
Nah mate, i dont even know what 6fl is?

used to use nero on my old desktop and had no probs only since ive had my LAPtop from june thati use its own software and some songs just dont play?

could it be the type of cd i buyin?
      10-27-2007, 06:54 AM   #6
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
right there are two songs in my play list that whenever i burn them they dont play ?? but they play on my miswahs cd player i her car?

WTF?

it just skips them?

Carlos
You probably don't know about it, Carlosttheupper20KHz, but it's likely to be due to the software in your car.

BMW UK introduced it's latest 'Logicloss'™ decoder in a number of 'test' e92 diesel vehicles in the UK, over the last 12 months. I think you may have one of these 'test' cars.

The system is currently able to analyse audio data from CD, DVD, USB drives & iPods making use of the 6FL interface.

Radio broadcasters have forced BMW to disable the decoder's ability to analyse analog radio & DAB stations.

The system has been developed after years of testing with several German jukebox & digital audio processing developers.

Unbeknown to many pub jukebox users around the country, selected track data from thousands of pubs with these machines has been fed to a series of 'TrackSh*te' ™ databases. This huge collection of information has now been used to develop an artificial intelligence-based system which 'knows' which music track is actually worth listening to, & which isn't.

BMW decided to test the system amongst diesel users, in particular, due to the variation in their hearing frequency range, compared to that of petrol users.
Research has shown diesel users are completely oblivious to midrange vocals, due to the fundamental frequencies associated with diesel engine & car body resonance.
This means that they are also less likely to notice the missing tracks, which 'Logicloss'™ has taken the initiative to remove.
It has also been suggested that this is one reason diesel owners won't listen to anything petrol owners say about their cars.

The system is still undergoing widespread testing. Newest developments include the ability to 'guess' which tracks are reaching a specific level of 'Logicloss'™, based on tempo, vocal variation or lack thereof & digital chorus assessment.

Artists known to be affected by 'Logicloss'™ interventions include Barry Manilow, Julio Iglesias, DJ Sammy & Eric Prydz.

This means the system may well stop you playing a track after the first time you play it, even though it let you play it for a good 30secs on the first occasion.
Some 'users' have wrongly thought this has been due to a knackered CD drive, iPod or USB drive.

BMW dealerships have no details about 'Logicloss'™ whatsoever, so it would be completely pointless in contacting them in regards to this issue.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Brilliant!
      10-27-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
Cafe.Racer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d Touring

How are you burning them carlosofmanyposts? In Media Player? As MP3 file (Data CD) or as a CD?

I've noticed that mine, non i-drive, basic HU (which, incidentally has never missed a track I've burnt) picks up the xml file that Media player puts on disc. If the tracks are missing from that, maybe that's why they don't play, but miswah's (what does that actually mean?) car might not look at the file and just list the mp3s straight off the disc?
      10-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #9
ShereKhan
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Love the reply Viv - absolutely superb!

Carlos,

Think you need to stop putting Aqua (barbie girl) album on your playlist

Long gone -15 Peugeot 308 2.0HDi GT AUTO Magnetic Blue, 10 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown, 06 E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification (Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010), 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 04:18 AM   #10
DaveC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330 Touring

Hey dont diss barbie girl, its an err, umm, classic of tis time err..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 06:14 AM   #11
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Excellent post Viv

Carlos, there is a good chance the MP3's in question are out of the operating spec of the cars decoder.
I think there are upper limits like 320 Kbs for example.
You can easily re-encode them in nero if this is the case.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #12
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:

WTF?

it just skips them?

Carlos
I think the songs may be encoded with a variable bit rate.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 06:56 AM   #13
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
You probably don't know about it,

blah blah etc
Viv

:thum sup:

Way too much time on your hands mate.
      10-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #14
Cafe.Racer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d Touring

The other thing that occured to me - DRM?

I suppose nobody dare ask the obvious, Carlosthedipstick, but have you read the manual?
      10-29-2007, 11:24 AM   #15
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe.Racer View Post
The other thing that occured to me - DRM?

I suppose nobody dare ask the obvious, Carlosthedipstick, but have you read the manual?
Maybe they're not MP3s but WMAs or AACs or some other format? There'd be no reason why the car can't play back those two particular tracks if they're standard MP3s, encoded in a single (not variable) bit rate. My car plays MP3s encoded at 320kbps, so that wouldn't be the problem.. Carlos do you want to email me those two files? I'll have a look for you...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #16
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Maybe they're not MP3s but WMAs or AACs or some other format? There'd be no reason why the car can't play back those two particular tracks if they're standard MP3s, encoded in a single (not variable) bit rate. My car plays MP3s encoded at 320kbps, so that wouldn't be the problem.. Carlos do you want to email me those two files? I'll have a look for you...
God alone knows how he is trying to burn them ... probably using matches.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #17
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
God alone knows how he is trying to burn them ... probably using matches.
You think he might be trying to smoke them too??
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #18
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
right the files, have track numbers right, and there both got ( 0 ) ?

ill try emailing them

whats your email bud? PM me?!
      10-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #19
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShereKhan View Post
Love the reply Viv - absolutely superb!

Carlos,

Think you need to stop putting Aqua (barbie girl) album on your playlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cdsport View Post
Excellent post Viv

Carlos, there is a good chance the MP3's in question are out of the operating spec of the cars decoder.
I think there are upper limits like 320 Kbs for example.
You can easily re-encode them in nero if this is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
:thum sup:

Way too much time on your hands mate.
I know Paul!

Quote:

ill try emailing them

To be serious with you Carlos, as long as your CD has been burned properly, is currently fully readable & the audio files are in a recognised format, then you shouldn't have any problem. However, this assumes your CD drive is working properly.

NERO settings that are known to work are available here.

There is a TSB (technical service bulletin) showing the requirements for mp3 playback here.

To sum it up, the mp3 sampling rate must be 44.1KHz and any files must not be MP3Pro or VBR (variable bit rate) files.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #20
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
You probably don't know about it, Carlosttheupper20KHz, but it's likely to be due to the software in your car.

BMW UK introduced it's latest 'Logicloss'™ decoder in a number of 'test' e92 diesel vehicles in the UK, over the last 12 months. I think you may have one of these 'test' cars.

The system is currently able to analyse audio data from CD, DVD, USB drives & iPods making use of the 6FL interface.

Radio broadcasters have forced BMW to disable the decoder's ability to analyse analog radio & DAB stations.

The system has been developed after years of testing with several German jukebox & digital audio processing developers.

Unbeknown to many pub jukebox users around the country, selected track data from thousands of pubs with these machines has been fed to a series of 'TrackSh*te' ™ databases. This huge collection of information has now been used to develop an artificial intelligence-based system which 'knows' which music track is actually worth listening to, & which isn't.

BMW decided to test the system amongst diesel users, in particular, due to the variation in their hearing frequency range, compared to that of petrol users.
Research has shown diesel users are completely oblivious to midrange vocals, due to the fundamental frequencies associated with diesel engine & car body resonance.
This means that they are also less likely to notice the missing tracks, which 'Logicloss'™ has taken the initiative to remove.
It has also been suggested that this is one reason diesel owners won't listen to anything petrol owners say about their cars.

The system is still undergoing widespread testing. Newest developments include the ability to 'guess' which tracks are reaching a specific level of 'Logicloss'™, based on tempo, vocal variation or lack thereof & digital chorus assessment.

Artists known to be affected by 'Logicloss'™ interventions include Barry Manilow, Julio Iglesias, DJ Sammy & Eric Prydz.

This means the system may well stop you playing a track after the first time you play it, even though it let you play it for a good 30secs on the first occasion.
Some 'users' have wrongly thought this has been due to a knackered CD drive, iPod or USB drive.

BMW dealerships have no details about 'Logicloss'™ whatsoever, so it would be completely pointless in contacting them in regards to this issue.

Viv
Viv im going to kiss you when i see you thats just ace.
      10-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #21
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Viv im going to kiss you when i see you thats just ace.
Errr.....thanks Steve....I think!

I have actually thought about writing a completely 'bogus' E9x 'Hot off the Press'-sytle regular column, but I'm absolutely certain BMW would try to take me to court for doing so!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #22
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

ill try emailing them

Just a thought ... but couldn't you PM him?
Appreciate 0