E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > Winter tires/rims for 335d in Western Germany?

11-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
bhuether
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d Sedan Sport Pkg

Winter tires/rims for 335d in Western Germany?

I am taking delivery of a 2010 335d with sports package. I was wondering what is a good choice for winter tires and rims, especially since from what I hear, western Germany has mild winters (I will be near Kaiserslautern). If 18" is doable compared to 17" I prefer 18" rims. But question is what tires? I have heard a lot about Dunlop and Wintersport 3D and Bridgestone Blizzaks but don't know which is best suited for the area I will be living in.

Also, I want tires/rims that will perform well (and tires whose tread will last nicely) so that driving can be as enjoyable as possible in dry conditions.

thanks,

brian
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Duffy_SK
e92 lover
Rep
Drives: e92

i think , 3d or blizzaks will be good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuether View Post
I am taking delivery of a 2010 335d with sports package. I was wondering what is a good choice for winter tires and rims, especially since from what I hear, western Germany has mild winters (I will be near Kaiserslautern). If 18" is doable compared to 17" I prefer 18" rims. But question is what tires? I have heard a lot about Dunlop and Wintersport 3D and Bridgestone Blizzaks but don't know which is best suited for the area I will be living in.

Also, I want tires/rims that will perform well (and tires whose tread will last nicely) so that driving can be as enjoyable as possible in dry conditions.

thanks,

brian
      11-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #3
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

I'm running Dunlop M3s on my car, so far so good, decent dry grip, haven't tested out the snow grip yet...
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
bhuether
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d Sedan Sport Pkg

What I forgot to mention is that I take delivery in California, drive cross country in January, then have the car shipped. So I need to buy them here in the states and I need tires that will be well suited and rated for the autobahn!

thanks,

brian
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing

I have Nokian Hakkapeliitta Rs on my 335i coupe and they are great so far. No snow action but once they were broken in they worked really well on wet roads. Dry traction is great too.

I got my from Tires by web. They are HQd in Michigan.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
SpectreMech
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 iDrive 35is

Brian,
Huge number of military in the K-town area, and there is always someone selling a second hand set of winter's for a BMW prior to PCS.

Hankook's are popular here, and are surprisingly good tires. It's a Korean brand, but they do really well in comparision tests. If you go with new rims and tires, the odds are high they'll be cheaper if you bring them from the states. I just paid 760 euro for a set of 17" alloys and winters (no VAT and no sensors)
Appreciate 0