E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Newbie and possible problem

06-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Chris H
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92

Newbie and possible problem

Picked up my first BMW about a fortnight ago, a 2007 325 SE, lovely car, so far have been very happy with it but it seems to have a little problem...

On the way home from work tonight I was driving along in 6th gear about 60mph, when I started to accelerate the car seemed to bog down, when I came off the motorway, I tried to accelerate from various speeds in various gears. In any gear at more than half throttle the car became hesitant and almost jerky. At the first chance to stop I did so and turned the car off and restarted it, it then ran perfectly for the rest of the journey.

Up until that point the car has been perfect and I had planned quite a few mods in the near future.

Any help and advice would be very welcome

Chris
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
RAR
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Alpine Ed.

Hello and welcome! New here myself.

I might be way off here but from what ive read in other posts the symptom of power loss under loads (right foot) can be a faulty knock sensor!?...maybe

Like I say, I might be way off but thought I'd mention it.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
Chris H
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92

Thanks for that RAR, i'll get the garage to look into it when it goes in next week

Current E92 320i - K&N E-2021
Appreciate 0