E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > WARNING JL motoring remus exhaust cf diffuser

05-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

WARNING JL motoring remus exhaust cf diffuser

Hi,

I just want tell you my experience of JL motoring. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

I have recently bought a CF quad diffuser from them. After exchanging several emails about the fitment of the diffuser for quads. After getting the confirmation from James from JL motoring, he was very quick in responding to emails I decided to make payment. After waiting for almost 2 weeks, the package have arrived and to say the least I got home and tried fitting it the fitting was very disappointing. The quality of the carbon fibre diffuser is not even CF! just a coating! Giving that been confirmed several times that it was 100% fitment I thought I was fitting it wrongly, I send it to a workshop and they can't fit it too. Worst thing is that the cutout of the quad did not fit at all plus the diffuser could not fit in even without the diffuser.

I then email James a few time, he was sured that it could fit. After giving him a few chances (with picture to prove it) of trying to make it right, he decided to ignore my email and I have not heard from him since (2 weeks ago)

So here I am warning all forum members for future purchases! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! All they want is your money. AFTER SORRY NOT MY PROBLEM.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Buyer beware! When buying non OEM parts the fitment is not going to be the best.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
Buyer beware! When buying non OEM parts the fitment is not going to be the best.
That's not necessarily the case, most guys here run replica bumpers and have no fitment issues. Sure it's not 100% like OEM, but 95-99% is pretty legit.
      05-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Shinzi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
That's not necessarily the case, most guys here run replica bumpers and have no fitment issues. Sure it's not 100% like OEM, but 95-99% is pretty legit.
All CF parts will be hit/miss.

08' Atlantic Blue Metallic 335XI
SC7 19's / KW V1 / JB4 / BMS DCI / Wrapped!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi View Post
All CF parts will be hit/miss.
Agreed, replica CF parts are always a risk.
      05-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

I have the 3D style quad CF diffuser from JL-motoring and it's 100 percent fitment on my OEM mtech rear. I had no problems trying to make it fit, actually i didnt even need to try to make it fit.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #7
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
It all depends I'm the install I thought when I got my carbon fiber dual exhaust that it wouldn't fit. But it will fit.
      03-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
forza328
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92

Yea I Bought the bmw performance CF diffuser from JL- Motoring for quad exhaust it fits pretty good on my OEM mtech rear
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #9
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Hi,

I just want tell you my experience of JL motoring. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

I have recently bought a CF quad diffuser from them. After exchanging several emails about the fitment of the diffuser for quads. After getting the confirmation from James from JL motoring, he was very quick in responding to emails I decided to make payment. After waiting for almost 2 weeks, the package have arrived and to say the least I got home and tried fitting it the fitting was very disappointing. The quality of the carbon fibre diffuser is not even CF! just a coating! Giving that been confirmed several times that it was 100% fitment I thought I was fitting it wrongly, I send it to a workshop and they can't fit it too. Worst thing is that the cutout of the quad did not fit at all plus the diffuser could not fit in even without the diffuser.

I then email James a few time, he was sured that it could fit. After giving him a few chances (with picture to prove it) of trying to make it right, he decided to ignore my email and I have not heard from him since (2 weeks ago)

So here I am warning all forum members for future purchases! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! All they want is your money. AFTER SORRY NOT MY PROBLEM.
If you have the Remus Sport with quad tips, the diffuser will not fit, as the tips are 90mm which is too large for any quad diffuser on the market. I think Arkym is the only one who sells a quad diffuser to fit the Remus Sport, but itll cost you an arm and a leg. Hence why most people end up modifying (cutting) their stock diffusers with the supplied template from Remus.