E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Derrick - E92-lighting.com - Buyer Beware!

08-08-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
kenneth2001
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Sedan

Thumbs down Derrick - E92-lighting.com - Buyer Beware!

I had an issue with an order from e92-lighting.

Derrick has since rectified the solution, and my problem has been resolved satisfactorily.

Thanks,

Last edited by kenneth2001; 08-09-2011 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: Rectified - Satisfactory Solution
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I heard a lot about him, some people swear by him while others have had problems. I hope it works out for you.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Crazylegs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Black on Red 335I

i too have had nothing but terrible customer service from e-92 lighting. unreturned calls, emails..... i placed an order for bulbs and ordered the wroung ones spent 2 weeks trying to get in tuch with them to return them and then when i finally get ahold of them the wont honor there return policy because "its past one week after ordering" it was complete bull shit seeing as its there fault for nor answering my calls or emails... honestly its only like $40 not a big deal but the fact that they cant take care of shit on time. i wont be buying anything from them anymore:th umbdown
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
DimSum
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I heard a lot about him, some people swear by him while others have had problems. I hope it works out for you.
With no doubt, I can say that Derrick is a stand up guy. He manages a lot of messages and shipments in a day, so it is not difficult to lose track with somethings. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, but one thing is for sure if he says he will do it, he will do it. He maybe busy and won't have the time to reply to some messages, but he will come through with his promises. I've done business with him on several occasions and each time was a smooth and easy process, products came as described and arrived on-time.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
Elie335
ايلي ٣٣٥ هاهاها
St Pierre and Miquelon
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner e92

another thread about this vendor
      08-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
335iRobot
Pshhhhhh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Cpe

Pretty sure his business is run mainly off the premise of drop shipment. I had called to place an order before from out of state and he tried to charge me sales tax. When I said no and refuted the sales tax, he swore that he had to charge tax.

I promptly ordered elsewhere in CA and did not pay any sales tax since I'm in AZ. He called an hour later to tell me he was wrong and would process the order but it was too late.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Hopefully it is rectified as close to or exactly to your satisfaction.
      08-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

"Derrick" , or E92Lightning is a one man shop down in southern California. Most of his parts come from Taiwan. His web-store is just that, a web-store. He doesn't have a storefront so it makes sense that if you order expensive parts, they have to come from the actual supplier. Hence, in this case the manufacturer is in Taiwan.

When people order just because a price is low, stand back and realize, why is the price lower than everybody else? It is VERY easy in today's market to judge a website, web-store, and dig up reviews, history about any web store company.

Going forth, you get what you pay for. The way Derrick is doing business may be slightly unethical because he told you he shipped the parts when he didn't. But the truth is, he WANTS your business (profit) so he has to tell you he's shipped it and push his supplier to deliver, even though he knows it is delayed and a week or two won't kill you.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
engotski
oh haiii
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

I asked him if I can exchange my city vision h8 for lux h8 v3 within the same day I received the package but never replied.
Appreciate 0