E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > EBay Headlights!!!

09-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
oma3710
Major
Rep
Drives: ?

Cool EBay Headlights!!!

What do you guys think about the below headlight? Any reviews out there?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170911518584...84.m1423.l2649
SOLD! 435i- Cary Jordan E30 Tune~ Dinan Turbo~ BM3 trans tune~ XDI-35~ 3.5 T-map sensor~ VRSF HD FMIC~ VRSF Chargepipe~ VRSF Catless Downpipe~ CTS Intake~ FTP boost pipe~ FTP intake inlet~ FTP oil catch can~ Turbosmart dual bov~
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi n55

Shouldn't they be bi-xenon???
      09-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma3710 View Post

JUNK. DEPO lights will leak, projectors are garbage, error codes galore. Buy OEM
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
francak92
Private
Rep
Drives: 328 i

headlights

im having the same issue idk were to buy headlights from i have tried 2 places and there junk or odnt lightup how you would like them too let me know if you found anywere
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
BOBKUR
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by francak92 View Post
im having the same issue idk were to buy headlights from i have tried 2 places and there junk or odnt lightup how you would like them too let me know if you found anywere
Look for OEM headlights on this forum. If your looking for angel eyes you could go 09-10 LCI OEM halogens that have factory angel eyes. You would still need to get LUX led bulbs for them to be bright. Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
francak92
Private
Rep

i have a 07 328i and i want the angel eyes along with hid kit and everything any website suggestions
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #7
darik67u
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 FBO

I had a set of DEPO lights on my E90.I loved the rings, but they did allow water intrusion and can be hard to get the beam right.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
N9dyxuk
- Speed Matters -
England
Rep
Drives: E90 - MSPORT

Buy depo v2 from evay seller fishcake, i bought them with 8k HID and error cancelors, they are amazing super bright led angel rings the projector beam can be adjusted yourself with screws you can turn to make the beams go up or down,
Defo recomend them
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

depo headlights look ghetto.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
Coly
Private
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9dyxuk
Buy depo v2 from evay seller fishcake, i bought them with 8k HID and error cancelors, they are amazing super bright led angel rings the projector beam can be adjusted yourself with screws you can turn to make the beams go up or down,
Defo recomend them
Still waiting for pictures
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
DiscoMike
BIMMER-1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i-X Drive - M-Sport PP CWP

Quote:
Try e92-lighting.com for your AEs and ask them about what they carry for headlights. THey have a pretty good policy and they sell quality lighting. I would ask them for advice if you are unsure about which lights to get for your car before making a purchase.

I purchased my AEs from them. If you are interested in AEs, I heard that the best in the $250 range are from Lux8 and M-Tech.

Good luck!!!
      09-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #12
francak92
Private
Rep

i need to get a complete set of headlights not just the angel yes and the aftermarket on ebay r shitty i had to return those
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #13
DiscoMike
BIMMER-1
United_States
Rep

Anything relating to electronics or lighting relating to the BIMMER I would not turn to ebay for. Your best source for your BMW parts would come from those on this forum who recommend manufacturers they have done business from.

I am new to the forum and to the BMW world. I sourced my interior lighting from high performance bulbs and for the AEs and fogs, e92-lighting.com. I am pleased with the results thanks to those who recommended HPB. E92 is very responsive with the questions I had, which influenced my purchasing decission. I got my AEs today from them. I will be installing them tomorrow. If I do not like them, I will return them and try a different set of AEs. I also purchased replacement fog lights from them. I have to sort out how those are removed and replaced so that I can judge how they perform.
      09-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #14
DiscoMike
BIMMER-1
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i need to get a complete set of headlights not just the angel yes and the aftermarket on ebay r shitty i had to return those
ebay is a good source for your BMW keychain, BMW wallet, BMW mug, anything not related to your BMW electronics. Do not use them as a source for your lighting or anything electronics related. You are wasting your time and money. Everything electronics is sourced and assembled from China. But there is a lack of quality control compared to manufacturers who specialize in making parts for your BIMMER.

Dont put your hands in the faith of ebay when it comes to your electronics.

I do admit, I did get my M-Series speed pedals from ebay. Looks good and solidly built. Got to get some time to put them in.
      09-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #15
DiscoMike
BIMMER-1
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma3710 View Post

If you do decide ot buy them through ebay (someone here said not to because they are junk), see what their return policy is before buying, in case it does not live up to your expectations.

Also find out about their guarantee about leaks as that same person mentioned earlier in the thread.
      09-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep
Drives: around aimlessly

first thing i noticed is that it says it has CCFL ange eyes but in the pics they showed full LED angel eyes so thats a red flag, i have depo hedlights and i think they look good but im baking them open and going with an OSS style. these are also expensive imo, i got mine for $150 with bulbs, balasts, and error cancelers form the forum. i would look around a bit first
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #17
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Just get your current ones custom fabricated.
Contact OSS or 180 customs.
Gotta pay to play man... It's a BMW not a civic.
      10-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
BOBKUR
Major
Rep

Quote:
You ask about buying headlights on ebay and on other threads you state you know they are junk. Why waste peoples time when you know the answer. Put on your BIG BOY PANTS and spend the money. You own a BMW not a HONDA CIVIC.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #19
francak92
Private
Rep

why spend 3 grand on headlights when that money can be used for other things
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #20
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

The DEPO factory seal is so-so, if you reseal it properly with Koito butyl it's not going to leak.

But there are two major issues with aftermarket headlight housings: 1) the crappy halogen projectors 2) the error codes on our finicky cars.

The crappy projectors are well...crappy. The beam is streaky, the cutoff is terrible, and the output is like having two flashlights taped to your hood. If you want quality, bixenon output, you can either buy the DEPOs and rerofit quality bixenon projectors in to them (see threads--first guy uses the Mini H1 projector, second uses the FX-R 3.0 (both have advantages and disadvantages http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731237 http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687893&highlight=morimoto) Or you can retrofit projectors/AE rings in to your own headlights (see HIDplanet) OR you can have ONEighty Customs retrofit projectors/AE rings in to your own headlights (they have great prices and will do pretty much whatever you want.

And the errors can be coded out easily. You have to turn off bulb check, and tell your car that you have non-adaptive xenon lights. There's a thread around here somewhere that I can find if you're interested. You won't have to use any error cancellers, and it won't flicker on startup or throw any codes if it is coded properly. And don't be scared by the idea of coding--it's really simple and, if it all goes to hell in a bobsled, it's completely reversible!

Last edited by rollinstone157; 10-03-2012 at 08:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
BOBKUR
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
The DEPO factory seal is so-so, if you reseal it properly with Koito butyl it's not going to leak.

But there are two major issues with aftermarket headlight housings: 1) the crappy halogen projectors 2) the error codes on our finicky cars.

The crappy projectors are well...crappy. The beam is streaky, the cutoff is terrible, and the output is like having two flashlights taped to your hood. If you want quality, bixenon output, you can either buy the DEPOs and rerofit quality bixenon projectors in to them (see threads--first guy uses the Mini H1 projector, second uses the FX-R 3.0 (both have advantages and disadvantages http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731237 http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=morimoto) Or you can retrofit projectors/AE rings in to your own headlights (see HIDplanet) OR you can have ONEighty Customs retrofit projectors/AE rings in to your own headlights (they have great prices and will do pretty much whatever you want.

And the errors can be coded out easily. You have to turn off bulb check, and tell your car that you have non-adaptive xenon lights. There's a thread around here somewhere that I can find if you're interested. You won't have to use any error cancellers, and it won't flicker on startup or throw any codes if it is coded properly. And don't be scared by the idea of coding--it's really simple and, if it all goes to hell in a bobsled, it's completely reversible!
You will still have problems with rear access covers. They seem to warp.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #22
LocDawgg
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post

The crappy projectors are well...crappy. The beam is streaky, the cutoff is terrible, and the output is like having two flashlights taped to your hood. If you want quality, bixenon output, you can either buy the DEPOs and rerofit quality bixenon projectors in to them (see threads--first guy uses the Mini H1 projector, second uses the FX-R 3.0 (both have advantages and disadvantages http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731237 http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=morimoto) Or you can retrofit projectors/AE rings in to your own headlights (see HIDplanet) OR you can have ONEighty Customs retrofit projectors/AE rings in to your own headlights (they have great prices and will do pretty much whatever you want.

Thanks for your post. I am the one who did a mini h1 projector retro. It turned out great! Way better then the original depo projectors. Next best thing to OEM. I resealed the headlights so the seal is pretty good. I only noticed condensation durring the last "hurricane" here in south florida.
Appreciate 0