E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > my brakes "chirp"...

11-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

my brakes "chirp"...

A while back, i installed 335i brakes on my 325 and stainless steel brake lines. I bled the brakes (properly as far as i know) and the install was pretty straight forward... seems like in the mornings or if the brakes are not warmed up, they 'chirp' once when i hit the brakes. Depending on how long i drive, it goes away on it's own.. seems like a temp related issue.

it doesn't affect performance as far as i can tell (believe me, they've been put to the test a LOT lately). There's no leaks. Brake pad wear is normal (no excessive abrasion against the rotor).

Anyone have an idea what this could be? Perhaps bleed the brakes once again - maybe there's an air bubble trapped in one of the lines?
*I figured, if there was an air bubble(s) i would have a lot of brake fade to begin with but they seem to work like a champ.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
lonestar22
Ground Clearance?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i & X5

its normal for brakes to squeel a little when they are cold. i wouldnt worry about it. also, you may check and see if the sensor is at the point where it is touching the rotor. they may be far from due for replacement. but the sensor sticks out pretty far and can come into contact with the rotor and make noise well before your car is due for pads. if it is, you can shave it a little with sandpaper. this is a method that the dealership uses if someone is complaining about chirping brakes

E90 330i - E90 335i - E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #3
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

Use anti seize on the pad where theres friction onto the caliper. So basically on all the sides/backing where it touches the pistons. This works everytime

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

I changed the brakes less than 2,000 miles ago, along with the sensors. It's not a squeal though, it is in fact a "Chirp" (like a bird chirping) when i tap the brakes... when i installed the pads, i put antiseize/antisqueal on all the clip points and all on the back of the pads where they make contact with the caliper... i checked that recently too, the antiseize seems to still be in good contact with the material.
Appreciate 0