E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > DEF overflow after hill climb

09-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

DEF overflow after hill climb

Anyone experience DEF leak from right rear area? I had recall work done about 2 weeks ago. The leak was a drip and I believe it had to do with sloshing of fluid as I drove up a mtn. The road involved a few steep inclines and declines. In addition to the leak I noticed two screws for wheel well insulation were missing. One screw is behind right rear wheel at bottom of the wheel well and the other goes underneath and attaches to the aluminum shielding. Did the recall require the removal of the shielding on that side of the car?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Could it be that the leak is actually coming from the other side of the car?

You know how water leaks are in a house - the water always finds the lowest point to drip, so the drip point doesn't always indicate where the leak is located.

I wonder if your car had the SCR part replacement? Perhaps that's when the leak began? Regardless, it sounds like a trip to the dealer is probably unavoidable.