E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Shops in Socal that have experience with N54 turbo swaps?

07-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Shops in Socal that have experience with N54 turbo swaps?

I have been having some issues with my turbos as of recently....There is slight oil leaking issues on the rear turbo as well as wastegate rattle...They still function fine but I am looking to swap them out while I am still within my aftermarket warranty...

So...as the title says I am wondering which shops in Socal have had experience with N54 turbo swaps? I know LTMW has good experience and I have already contacted them...If anyone has any other suggestions or places they have had a good experience at please help out...Thanks in advance!
      07-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 435i

There is EAS in Anaheim. not sure if they have done a turbo swap but they do a lot of performance parts so im sure they could do it. I think there is a smaller indy shop in Costa Mesa that does BMW's but again not sure if they have done turbos and i dont remember the name at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
rooringhusky
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmn1337 View Post
There is EAS in Anaheim. not sure if they have done a turbo swap but they do a lot of performance parts so im sure they could do it. I think there is a smaller indy shop in Costa Mesa that does BMW's but again not sure if they have done turbos and i dont remember the name at the moment.
Thanks for the quick response....I live 10 minutes from eAs and I forgot about them! LOL oops

I just figured they might not have done as many N54 swaps and focus more on M3's...

I will give them a call now to see if they can help me out....Thanks again appreciate the help
      07-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
Snaggletooth
General Nuisance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Go to shawn motors in costa mesa tell them alex sent you.

My car is in there at the moment with a VTT stg. 2 transplant, it's the second turbo swap they've done on my car alone.They are extremely intimate with the N54. The swap was VERY reasonably priced.
      07-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
rooringhusky
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggletooth View Post
Go to shawn motors in costa mesa tell them alex sent you.

My car is in there at the moment with a VTT stg. 2 transplant, it's the second turbo swap they've done on my car alone.They are extremely intimate with the N54. The swap was VERY reasonably priced.
Awesome this is the exact response I was looking for...Will give them a call tomorrow! Thanks...Do you mind PMing me price you paid...Better yet PM incoming! Thanks again