E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Need advice... Paint Corrosion from leak in Parking Garage

02-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #23
ddogg35
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 318i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkurgan View Post
Update: The parking management company has seen my car and the leak and have agreed to pay for the repairs. I will now be soliciting some estimates for the repairs.
good news
      02-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #24
e90_328
modding little by little
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkurgan View Post
Update: The parking management company has seen my car and the leak and have agreed to pay for the repairs. I will now be soliciting some estimates for the repairs.
LOL great@@

get a fresh paintjob!! letthem pay for it!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #25
Meats
Silky Johnson
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black 328xi

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by petitluv View Post
LOL great@@

get a fresh paintjob!! letthem pay for it!
just wanted to update everyone here. i was finally able to get my car repaired after the garage and parking authority admitted fault. after rental car, total expenses came to about $650. supposedly they will be writing a check shortly to reimburse me.

thanks for everyone's support, i hope this doesnt happen to anyone else.
2008 Jet Black 328xi | 189 Wheels | Nav | Steptronic | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Xenon | BMW Assist | Comfort Access | Fold Down Seats | iPod/USB | HD Radio | 35% CS Tints | Happy Robot | V1 Hardwire | Homelink Retrofit | Depo Blacklines |
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #26
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Good to hear things cleared up and I hope they'll cut you that check ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #27
aarwilli
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Coupe

How did you have it repaired? Did it come off as easily as some of the people on here speculated it might with some P21S?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 04:13 AM   #28
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdewd View Post
Calcified Water Marks

Often found from parking in municipal or underground parking facilities, calcified water spots on paint and glass, water and concrete spots are pretty much the same chemically; they are consist of calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg) both of which are basic (alkaline pH 10) with the concrete being cross-linked with water

Correction
· These can usually be removed by using detailer's clay to remove any hardened surface deposits
a) Apply 1:1 ratio distilled water with distilled White Vinegar (Acetic acid) solution, and using a spray bottle, spray that mixture on the spots and let them "soak." Then rinse with water and repeat as necessary.
b) If the ambient temperature water/vinegar mix does not work, warm (100-120 degrees) 100% distilled White Vinegar, saturate a clean kitchen sponge with pure vinegar and hold the sponge over the concrete spots for a few minutes
c) If the above do not remove them try equal parts distilled water, isopropyl alcohol and distilled white vinegar. The acid in the vinegar will help etch and dissolve the concrete.
· Rinse the area thoroughly with water after the vinegar and then reapply wax or sealant to that area.
· To remove any surface etching use a machine polish ( Optimum Polish, Optimum Compound, Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner or Klasse All-In-One (AIO) and a cutting (LC Orange or Yellow) foam pad (speed # 4-5.0 ) to level the surface (use the least aggressive polish/foam pad first, if this doesn’t remove the problem step-up to a more aggressive set-up)
· Work on a very small area at a time (2-foot x 2-foot) until the polish has run out
· Repeat this process two or three times, as necessary
· If none of the above methods remove the etched water spots consider wet-sanding the paint finish
· Reapply surface protection once spots have been removed

Some great advise right there (like I said I've answered similar posts in the last few days)
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #29
needvids
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 325i

pictures?

Hey there, could you post the pictures again or email them to me (needvids@yahoo.com)?
I'm curious to see how bad the damage was to your car since the same thing happened to me and I'm trying to get the garage to pay for the damage.

The pictures you posted are no longer available on your dropbox account I guess, which is why they aren't showing up.
Appreciate 0