E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Ft. Lauderdale golf courses?

01-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Ft. Lauderdale golf courses?

I'm coming down to FT Lauderdale at the end of the month, and I would like to get some suggestions for a few golf courses in the area. I would prefer to play a course for under $100, which would include rental clubs (I stopped bringing my clubs to mettings years ago), but anything a bit more would work as well. I would like to be fairly close to the airport...maybe within 30-45 minutes. I'm a 8 handicap, and the guy I'll be playing with is a 16....not that it matters a lot...but I guess we'd have a better time if it wasn't an ass kicking course!!!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me .
      01-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Deer Creek (in Deerfield Beach, 20 mins north on 95) is always in good condition, but on the high side (maybe more than $100). You might try to get on at the Diplomat Resort (in Hollywood). Palm Aire (in Pompano) is reasonable and they have 4 courses.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
normtrum
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Deer Creek (in Deerfield Beach, 20 mins north on 95) is always in good condition, but on the high side (maybe more than $100). You might try to get on at the Diplomat Resort (in Hollywood). Palm Aire (in Pompano) is reasonable and they have 4 courses.
Thx Cane....I'll try and find them online and check em out.

Where is Pompano in relation to Hollywood?
      01-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

Pompano is north of Hollywood....The Biltmore down in Miami is a nice course to play.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
Pompano is north of Hollywood....The Biltmore down in Miami is a nice course to play.
Pompano is about 15 minutes north of Hollywood. The Biltmore is awesome, one of my favorites, but about 30 minutes south of Hollywood. Worth the time if you have it. Also, if you are willing to travel that distance is the Key Biscayne GC (not sure what they are calling it now).

You could also try Hollywood Beach GC, not the greatest course but not bad, and it's not too expensive.

I have played pretty much every public course in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, so If you have questions about one, don't hesitate to ask.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #6
normtrum
Colonel
Rep

Cane - I'm looking seriously at one of the Palmaire courses....which one would you recommend? Also, how long do you think it would take to drive to the airport (Ft. Laud) from there?

Oh, by the way the fee at the Diplomat is $205!!!! Ouch!

http://www.palmairegolf.com/page/19-545.htm
      01-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #7
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Cane - I'm looking seriously at one of the Palmaire courses....which one would you recommend? Also, how long do you think it would take to drive to the airport (Ft. Laud) from there?

Oh, by the way the fee at the Diplomat is $205!!!! Ouch!

http://www.palmairegolf.com/page/19-545.htm

I haven't played Palm Aire in about a year, but I would stay away from the Oaks course. It used to be a Nationwide Tour stop, but it has not been kept up the last few years. The Cypress course was always in pretty good shape and fairly challenging. Travel time from the airport should only be about 15 minutes. Take I95 north to Cypress Creek Blvd and go West to Powerline Rd. Make a right turn there (north) and go about 1.5 miles, it'll be on the left.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
normtrum
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
I haven't played Palm Aire in about a year, but I would stay away from the Oaks course. It used to be a Nationwide Tour stop, but it has not been kept up the last few years. The Cypress course was always in pretty good shape and fairly challenging. Travel time from the airport should only be about 15 minutes. Take I95 north to Cypress Creek Blvd and go West to Powerline Rd. Make a right turn there (north) and go about 1.5 miles, it'll be on the left.
Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it. If you ever need some course info for Washington State, let me know
      01-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #9
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it. If you ever need some course info for Washington State, let me know
Thanks. I have relatives near Seattle, you never know.
Appreciate 0