E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2010 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

04-05-2010, 07:46 AM   #67
martieg
Texas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Umm...did you watch the same race we did?? As much as I hate to give Hamilton props....he drove a brilliant race. Going from 20th to 6th was pretty damn impressive.
Although Hamilton was given a warning for deliberately moving across the lanes to prevent Petrov from passing him.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #68
kash_0
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 340i MSport

Good result for Red Bull, would've been great to see Webber finish 1st though.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #69
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Bernie admits there's something needs to be done for F1.....we all got lucky from the rain in Australia and Malaysia....

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/13792.html
      04-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #70
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Anywayz...back to lovely jessica....
Attached Images

04-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #71
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

so great to finally to Vettel win. Happy for him after the problems in the first two races. He (and Red Bull) seem very strong this year. Hamilton indeed did a good job and went far much faster through the field as Button and the two Ferraris did. The action with Pedrov was not according the rules IMO, on the other had, Hamilton was clearly faster on a full lap, and Pedrov had no chance catching Hamilton.
The last two races where nice to watch, hopefully the season stays like this. Still have my money on Vettel
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #72
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecatrache View Post
Although Hamilton was given a warning for deliberately moving across the lanes to prevent Petrov from passing him.
Yea, that was pretty ridiculous. I can see one, maybe two moves but swerving back and forth like that? It was exciting though. I was hopping Hamilton was going to lose control and crash out.
      04-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #73
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea, that was pretty ridiculous. I can see one, maybe two moves but swerving back and forth like that? It was exciting though. I was hopping Hamilton was going to lose control and crash out.
I like it...its so exciting....and Petrov is giving Hamilton such a hard time...
      04-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #74
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Stop hating people... Just admit how goood the golden boy is... or don't, but deep down you know that there is only two in a league of their own: Vettel and the Golden Boy Hamilton...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #75
the///Mthree
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
He wasnt blocking...just trying to not let petrov pick up his draft. You were hoping hamilton was going to lose control weaving back and forth...he's an f1 champion not your grandmother.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #76
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Stop hating people... Just admit how goood the golden boy is... or don't, but deep down you know that there is only two in a league of their own: Vettel and the Golden Boy Hamilton...
I admit on a regular basis that he is a brilliant driver, probably the second best in F1 right now. But he is also an arrogant douche....so the hate will continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by the///Mthree View Post
He wasnt blocking...just trying to not let petrov pick up his draft. You were hoping hamilton was going to lose control weaving back and forth...he's an f1 champion not your grandmother.
OMG!!! Really???!! You mean they don't do that all the time??? WOW! Thank you for your insight. I thought he was swerving because he couldn't control all the torque and was about to crash... I guess I have a lot to learn about cars....thanks again.

04-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #77
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I admit on a regular basis that he is a brilliant driver, probably the second best in F1 right now. But he is also an arrogant douche....so the hate will continue

Look man, any top level athlete HAS to be arrogant and believe beyond any doubt that he is the best.. It's a motivational thing.. Without that confidence and belief, they would not win.
Show me one F1 driver who is not arrogant and does not believe he is the best... Vettel is friendly and good with the media, but believe me he is also arrogant and thinks he is God in an F1 car... It comes with the territory... Alonso, Shumi, Kimi, heck every one of them... So again, stop hating cuz they are all arrogant
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #78
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Ramos, you cannot force people to like or hate any drivers. There are always drivers I don't like as much as others. (I like Button, Vettel, Hamilton more than Alonso, Schumi, Webber..etc), but that doesn't mean we do not "respect" them.

KANdaddy dislikes (or hates) Hamilton doesn't mean he can not recognise that Hamilton DID won WDC in 2008, regardless how he did it. Same for Schumi in 1994 and Button last year. Also how astonishing thing Fernando did last Sunday with his broken clutch Ferrari. I respect that he is a great driver, but still, I don't like him.
      04-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #79
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Ramos, you cannot force people to like or hate any drivers. There are always drivers I don't like as much as others. (I like Button, Vettel, Hamilton more than Alonso, Schumi, Webber..etc), but that doesn't mean we do not "respect" them.

KANdaddy dislikes (or hates) Hamilton doesn't mean he can not recognise that Hamilton DID won WDC in 2008, regardless how he did it. Same for Schumi in 1994 and Button last year. Also how astonishing thing Fernando did last Sunday with his broken clutch Ferrari. I respect that he is a great driver, but still, I don't like him.
Well stated.

BTW, it's one thing to believe in yourself and your abilities and another to act like an arrogant brat.

Last edited by KANdaddy; 04-05-2010 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #80
martieg
Texas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
We always seem to get into the same argument of who's the best driver, and who will or should win this season.

Let me throw some facts in:

F1 is a team sport - granted, the driver is the most prominent team member, and the best known, but no driver would win without the team's support and guidance.

When we talk about the best driver, different people mean different things: most refer to the person that in their opinion should win the current season's championship. Past performance is definitively not the factor we should be looking at to determine who will or should win, specially ancient results (i.e. Schumi). Schumi by the way would be a good candidate for another question that people might be asking: who’s the best F1 driver of all times? (Oops, I just opened another can of worms here).

So, who will win this season? Some of the factors are: driver skill, driver expecience, driver mental strength, driver physical strength and endurance, team strategy, car design, car reliability, and yes: luck. And some aspects suit some circuits and weather conditions better than others.

- Vettel has skills and strength, both physical and mental – car very unreliable, although improving – he seems a favorite to win, in my opinion.
- Massa, Alonso – both have great chances of winning – skillful, great car.
- Button is very good also, and his driving style might be an asset under the new rules.
- Hamilton very immature, which affects his mental strength, but he is very skilled.
- Schumi not strong physically anymore, but experienced. Same as Barichello.
- Brown is a proven strategist that might favor Roseberg.

Last edited by martieg; 04-05-2010 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #81
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It's one thing to dislike Hamilton... I dislike many drivers including Schumi..
As fans, we all support our favorite teams/drivers and dislike the others.
I was talking about the kind of hating that drives people to post things like:
"I wish Hamilton would have lost control and crashed"
That is just uncalled for, and just plain ugly if you ask me...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #82
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is what I was refering to... That is just in bad taste, very unsports man like behavior, and should have no place in this forum and anywhere else
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #83
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
This is what I was refering to... That is just in bad taste, very unsports man like behavior, and should have no place in this forum and anywhere else
Nobody on here legitimately wishes harm on any driver... lighten up. Unsportsmanlike would be swerving all over the track to shake off a drafting car. Just drive the car and stop whining.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #84
BulletproofM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Great outcome for Vettel on Sunday. I'm interested to see how this season continues to shape out.

-Chris
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #85
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's one thing to dislike Hamilton... I dislike many drivers including Schumi..
As fans, we all support our favorite teams/drivers and dislike the others.
I was talking about the kind of hating that drives people to post things like:
"I wish Hamilton would have lost control and crashed"
That is just uncalled for, and just plain ugly if you ask me...
LOL! I said I wanted him to crash.....not get injured or die. Go play with your classmates and stop wasting time on this forum. You need to lighten up my friend.

BTW, have you seen any F1 crashes in that last 5 years?! The technology is so good that a car can hit a wall dead-on, explode into a million pieces and the driver walk away unharmed.
      04-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #86
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL! I said I wanted him to crash.....not get injured or die. Go play with your classmates and stop wasting time on this forum. You need to lighten up my friend.

BTW, have you seen any F1 crashes in that last 5 years?! The technology is so good that a car can hit a wall dead-on, explode into a million pieces and the driver walk away unharmed.
My classmates?? Are you going to make this personal now ???
For your information, I am 32 years old... which means that I was actually born before 1994 and remember watching my childhood idol Senna fatally crash.. So forgive me for thinking that it's in bad taste to wish a driver to crash his car.

As for F1 crashes in the last few years, are you serious? You don't remember Glock being out for three races, you don't remember Kubica crash in canada that could have easily killed him? You don't remember what happened to Massa?? Do you even watch F1?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #87
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Hmmm....I should post more Jessica's picture here to cool things down a bit....

apparently we all took the Malaysian heat in the forum...
      04-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #88
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hmmm....I should post more Jessica's picture here to cool things down a bit....

apparently we all took the Malaysian heat in the forum...
Don't take his side man.. You should know better than to agree with someone that is wishing and hoping for a driver to crash...
Appreciate 0