E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding error - Please help!

08-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Coding error - Please help!

I'm hoping one of you can help me, I've tried and tried but I can't get this damn error to go away. I've googled, searched, prayed, and no matter which thread I reference I still can't get my cluster to function normally.

I'm running Ediabas v6.4.7, though I have downloaded 7.0.x. I'm on a Netbook running Windows XP 32 bit, and I'm running v46 of the daten files, and when I do a check the in INPA, the Kombi module checks out okay but the error still remains on the cluster.

I originally coded the car using the files in the sticky DIY above, first the FRM module for the roll up windows with FOB and LED Corner delete. I then moved on to the Kombi to do the digital speedo and that's when I got the error.

The RED "car on lift" icon popped up and checking the code, it is CC-ID 60 (Speedometer failure). The tach, fuel, and temp gauges do not work.

I then did more research and figured I had outdated daten files and proceded to update via the many threads. I'm hesitant to update EDIABAS because I've read there may be compatibility problems with NCS Expert. I've reflashed it back to the original settings via Expert Mode in NCS and this still won't go away.

Someone please help me! Am I missing something?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Load profile expertmode then

F1 f3 , choose E89, choose Cas, Back. F4. Then read ecu and choose Kombi, Then job sg_coderien and then execute job. It should write back default and cluster should work. If it still doesn't work then your spdaten is for sure not updated correctly.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

^Spot on.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Load profile expertmode then

F1 f3 , choose E89, choose Cas, Back. F4. Then read ecu and choose Kombi, Then job sg_coderien and then execute job. It should write back default and cluster should work. If it still doesn't work then your spdaten is for sure not updated correctly.
Thanks, I got that from another thread though. Didn't work at all. My sp daten is v46, and I updated Ediabas to 7.2. As long as the DIY and FAQ's I read on them were correct, I'm positive they are installed correctly. Ended up taking my car in to the dealership, and even they were having trouble recoding it. They said the coding wasn't "sticking" and they had to do it a few times before the Kombi module took. At this point the tech and I both think that while my cluster functions normally, there may be something slightly defective with it. It's just too bad they can't replace it unless something goes irreparably wrong.

Thanks for the help guys! From now on though, I'm not going near the Kombi module, since there isn't anything in there I really need coded.
Appreciate 0