E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > comfort access programming settings..

11-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
frankg11
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

comfort access programming settings..

The question on the table is while there are several settings that comfort access remembers: Seat Position, Radio Settings, Mirror positions, etc....

Does comfort access remember:

Driving Style? or adaptive programming for the Transmission, etc...

I have done the RTFM, Search function.

The reason is that I am trying to get my wife to use only her key and I mine. We drive very differently, she drives like my mom, I drive more spirited.

You can see how a car can get confused.

Thank you all for your input.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
gpb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Cabrio

She can't use a key she can't find.... Just saying.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
frankg11
Private
Rep

I keep putting her key's in her purse, LOL. One for X5 one for 335.

The problem is she swaps purses and then grabs my key.

As I may try! Sometimes!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
lynked
Rep
Drives: BMW 2005 E90 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankg11 View Post
I keep putting her key's in her purse, LOL. One for X5 one for 335.

The problem is she swaps purses and then grabs my key.

As I may try! Sometimes!!!!
Keep your keys hidden
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
The Cleaner
Thats all you need to know.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 , 2016 X5

I don't think it matters, I have driven hundreds of BMW's and I have never had one car feel different than another due to adaptations. Adaptive drive is a real time adaptation if I read this correctly.

Adaptive Drive.

On every curve, on every road surface: Adaptive Drive counteracts the forces that cause body roll. Your BMW handles with outstanding sporting agility, while also ensuring a very comfortable journey for you and your passengers. Body roll is practically eliminated, and winding roads can be enjoyed with a maximum of stability and safety.

The proven effectiveness of BMW's innovative chassis control systems, Dynamic Drive and Variable Damper Control (VDC) work closely together to deliver an outstandingly smooth ride and enhanced agility. Sensors in your BMW permanently monitor vehicle speed, steering-wheel position and the pitch and yaw forces acting on the chassis. Using this data, the system precisely adjusts the stabilisers and the dampers, changing their settings quickly and accurately. This coordinated interaction of dampers and stabilisers counteracts the forces that cause the body to roll or sway. Your BMW hugs the road, delivers neutral self-steering behaviour, outstanding agility and shorter braking distances.
Furthermore, Adaptive Drive adjusts the suspension settings to suit the character of the road surface. Each axle has its own independent motor that can adjust the dampers on each individual wheel. When the road surface under one side of the vehicle differs in character from that on the other side - such as when driving on roads with gravel shoulders - Adaptive Drive instantly adjusts the suspension settings of the wheels on one side to practically eliminate any perceptible unevenness in the road. In addition, you can choose between a more comfortable default setting for the suspension, or a more sporting setting.
Such high-speed calculations and responses demand a high-performance electronics system. Adaptive Drive utilises FlexRay, a high-speed data transfer system that networks sensors, control units and stabilisers.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
frankg11
Private
Rep

Thanks all. However, she of course just messed up my seat position again. Thank goodness for the hard settings on the seat memory. LOL

Thank you all for your thoughts and advice.
Appreciate 0