E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E93 2009 Ipod USB Help

02-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
R19 DAG
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 320i SE Highline

E93 2009 Ipod USB Help

Firstly let me just introduce myself as very new to this site,

Ok I have just picked up a E93 SE Highline late Nov 59 plate with Sat Nav Professional CIC.

I am not sure if I have a problem with the system when playing my music from the usb port in the arm rest , when I pulled away from the dealers my usb key was plugged in the arm rest slot, music acc format and my music came up and displayed the album artwork, perfect as this worked the same as my old car. But two days later no artwork appears and also when you select a folder then scroll down to the track you click it and it plays but the screen won't change to show the album artwork and also it is like it is just stuck in the same menu where you can keep on scrolling? I am not sure if I have done something here or not.

I thought it could be the memory stick so I plugged my iPod nano 6th gen in the usb port via a standard apple usb cable in the arm rest and the screen said not supported? I have also tried the device with a bmw iPod media cable lead which is the one that looks like a y not the standard audio block one and still the same message not supported.

Please help, has anyone go the same configuration or knowledgeable, so I just need to buy the alternative bmw iPod cable for this to work or does the car have to go back to bmw

I do apologies if this question has been asked within the past

Many thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 07:41 AM   #2
R19 DAG
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 320i SE Highline

I think im getting closer to the problem, I have tried the stand bmw ipod lead as it see's the nano device and plays but still no artwork coming up.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

As far as I'm aware it's the combox, fitted from late 2010, that lets you see album art - your 59 plate is unlikely to have a combox fitted so how artwork was visible is a mystery??
Appreciate 0