E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Ordered some wheels from PYSpeed over Black Friday, not shipping them out? Input?

12-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Ordered some wheels from PYSpeed over Black Friday, not shipping them out? Input?

So I went ahead and ordered some sick looking wheels AGEN10, from PYSpeed, but unfortunately am having a headache of an experience.

So here's the background story
  • Tire tread at wear bar, good time to buy a new set of wheels just in time for Black Friday
  • Find AGEN10 wheels off PYSpeed from "Bobby" (Sales Representative) for about 900 shipped AFTER informing them that I would need these wheels ASAP because my tread is nearing minimum
  • Everything seems dandy after order is placed, but have not received a tracking #. Shot Bobby a quick email inquiring about it, was then informed that it would be sent out in less than a week.
  • Over a week later, still no tracking #. Send another email and was informed that it would be about a month from order date because he was "just informed" by his "boss" (later to be known as Eric) that the wheels would be sent out by sea to cut down on shipping costs.
  • I send a reply making sure that it will be no more than just over a month and receive another email telling me that they actually will not be sending the wheels out until at least 10 more people buy the set of wheels so they can get in on a "group buy"
  • Kind of frusterated at this point now that it's been over a couple weeks till he tells me this, and kind of thought it was a joke that they didn't tell me that they were going to make it into a "group buy." Told Bobby that I didn't opt for the buy and ordered through their website for the Black Friday specials. (Is it just me or is that bad business practice?)
  • Then they send me another email telling me that I should just buy another set of wheels off of them. I reply back saying that Black Friday deals are all over now and if I knew how much of a hassle this was going to be I would of took my business elsewhere and that I only bought from them because of the specific wheels they carried. (Maybe I'm just taking this too seriously)

I asked Bobby to be transferred to Eric/Manager or the "boss" and he told me that I could only email him. When I asked for his email address Bobby proceeded to provide me the "sales@pyspeed.com" email address. Not even a direct email? I don't get it. Emailed for Eric two separate times and got no response.

I then got an email from Bobby saying that they were going to cancel my order if I didn't order a different set of wheels from them.

I mean I wouldn't be taking this too seriously if
a) My tire tread wasn't at a minimum
b) Bobby wouldn't lie to me about shipping out the wheels so I could of just bought another set off a more reputable vendor while the Black Friday deals were on.

Thoughts?

I hope PYSpeed sees this.
Attached Images

Last edited by eamon; 12-13-2012 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
That situation sucks and I've dealt with PYSPEED, specifically Eric, in the past and it's been real legit.
Now, your situation is believable and if true, I hope Eric clears this up.

Your treadwear has nothing to do with how you've been treated in this order. I would have the same question as you and probably be a little more ticked about it.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
eamon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
That situation sucks and I've dealt with PYSPEED, specifically Eric, in the past and it's been real legit.
Now, your situation is believable and if true, I hope Eric clears this up.

Your treadwear has nothing to do with how you've been treated in this order. I would have the same question as you and probably be a little more ticked about it.
I have all the emails on record to back it and just updated the 1st post with even more details.
      12-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

They have been added to my list of companies to skip. Seems to happen to me often and I am getting sick of it. Just to be clear, I am not sure if I have purchased anything from PYSPEED before as I purchase many parts from many dealers. It is just easier for me to skip over them than take the chance. People always say that there is two sides to every story but I am starting to feel that the consumer is always getting the shaft now days. I have done almost all my xmas shopping this year on line. Half of the items I ordered have been incorrect items showing up at the door. And the so called "in stock ready to ship items when you purchase" yah, right. Family members are going to get alot of presents that say IOU on them this year. Good Luck to you OP. I feel your pain. Next year I am just going to do all my shopping the old fashioned way and burn some gas on the way.
      12-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Should be in Vendor feedback area first.
Were the wheels on Black Friday marked as a group buy? If so pretty common thing to wait and if enough do not get in they cancel, been down that road before with others places. If not then they should have told you so!
Personally if I need something I buy local so it's cash and carry. Sorry to hear your problems.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Verbally lynch them on every car forum until this gets resolved!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
platnumdesi01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Horrible service...yea move this thread to the Comment/Review section.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Might want to hit up this thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719100 Eric's email address is in there.

Might also want to search the feedback section on this forum: http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=271 You'll see that you aren't the first to have issue w/PYSpeed.

If I were you, I'd cut my losses (time and effort) before your losses become tangible ($$$$) and just find them elsewhere. Think of it as dodging a bullet....
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
If I were you, I'd cut my losses (time and effort) before your losses become tangible ($$$$) and just find them elsewhere. Think of it as dodging a bullet....
Gotta agree. It's unfortunate because I recently ordered some wheels from PY and had a great experience but it seems that they are very hit-N-miss.

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
Rodzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
That's what sucks about drop shipments. I usually call and ask if they are in stock. Maybe they can give you a black Friday deal on some other wheels?

Eibach frontsway,BMS JB4,AFE Drop InBerk Street Axleback, H&R SPORT SPRINGS,Active Autowerke DP's ,Active Autowerke BOV,Active Autowerke FMIC , BMWPEDALS.COM, JB SPEED Black Grills,Alpina B3 TCU Flash
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

RUN! They have terrible service. Why waste your time?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #12
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Looks like it finally happened. I wonder what the tipping point was:

The shady business practices I posted about on my feedback thread permeate in a couple over pyspeed feedback threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
Seems like all PYSpeed members have been banned! Got what they finally deserved!
Find another vendor

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #13
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

I'd say to call your CC company to cancel the transaction. This seems to fit the shady business practice that I encountered.

In regards to the "boss", Eric...

Well, the "boss Eric" asked someone that I know to ask me to take down my feedback thread. And as everyone knows, it all starts from the top. If management practices business a certain way, their employees will too.

Instead of practicing poor business and then trying to get customers to take down negative reviews, wouldn't it be easier for them (and better for their bottom line) to just treat customers properly? Makes sense to me
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #14
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Sound like the wheel are made in china and these guys are selling things they do not have.

I have been seeing this alot recently, companies sell things when they do not actually stock the parts. They hope to get enough orders to allow them to make large buys over seas and make more of a profit for themselves. In the case of the op he happen to pick a wheels that no one else is buying and the dealer is not willing to take a loss or low profit to complete the order. So they hope the op cancels or orders something else.

I had a buddy who use to run a online company in the late 90's for Land Cruiser parts, he stock very few parts most of the parts were dropped shipped from other distributors or the manufacture directly. This work fine for a while until the manufacturers or disty began screwing him by not shipping things or screw up what they ship which cost my buddy to incur costs. In the end it put him out of business. He had great customer service but as everyone here is doing people just ripped him about because of these things.

Before I place an order with any company I never done business with before I do a quick search of the web of their back ground and other peoples experience with them. It easy to spot the red flags with some of these company, they may be generally ok but, they do odd things like this.

The other one I tell people to be careful about are these small family owned company who claim to be good Christians and they profess their faith to the world as part of them doing business. Whether they are good Christians or not they will screw you in a second. These people prey on people being gullible.

It is the old buyer beware, do not trust anyone and do your research before you spend money with someone you do not know. Everyone is trying to be a virtual store these days with no inventory and hope all their suppliers behave themselves. As you will see it just does not work well.

Last edited by Maestro; 12-14-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
eamon
Captain
Rep

Yeah I really wanted to believe in good things with PYSpeed. Should I email this thread to Eric/PYSpeed? Haha
      12-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #16
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Due to my experience with past vendors on different forums that turned out to be nightmarish, I always make sure I get a refund *before* I put them on blast. Just sayin'....
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #17
evotwelve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90

sorry to hear about this situation but I know another vendor on here sells a style like that. Why not see if they have the wheels and just get a refund from PYSpeed and don't even waste another breath on them. Just poor customer service on PYSpeed part.

Edit- found this vendor with the same style wheel
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770997
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #18
Pontrelli
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Have you not been around here to read the 9000 negative threads the PYspeed guys have going on ..just asking for it if you want my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

I've only ever purchased a small carbon fiber vinyl sheet from PYspeed, and the order went through smoothly.

However, I was approached by Eric with a sponsorship opportunity a year or two ago, and after many months, he could not be reached again for said sponsorship

I persistently asked other representatives at PYspeed for said sponsorship or at least a discount of some sort (after having been shafted/ignored for no good reason), and all they could offer me were retail pricing on expensive items I was interested in
The even wanted me to call in person because the "special pricing" they were offering me were unbelievable and time-sensitive offers
Appreciate 0