E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Diy For Broken Plastic Wire Loom Under Hood

04-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
AZDAVEBROWN
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I

Diy For Broken Plastic Wire Loom Under Hood

I've seen several post about this problem, but no repair/fix. So I came up with this. Some may like it, some may not. But it sure beats wire ties and a hundred bucks for a replacement that will break again ( I keep my cars a long time)
First up sorry I don't have any "before' photos.
Materials needed;
3) #8 X 32 machine screws, 9) #8 fender washers, 6) #8 nuts, 3) #8 washers, and 3) # 8 wing nuts.
On mine the bottom wire loom was not broken, just the upper that has the female tabs for the lower loom male inserts.
The lower loom male tabs have a space in them to insert the machine screws facing up. I placed a fender washer on the screw and then insert up thru the hole (******* in the lower loom. On top of the lower loom I placed another fender washer and then the nut. Another fender washer on top of that.
Do this for all three of the male tabs on the lower loom. Next measure on the top loom where the machine screws will need to come up thru the upper loom.
Measure twice, a third time won't hurt, drill 1/4" holes in the upper loom and then insert the lower loom screws up thru, install a normal washer and then the wing nut. I painted all my hardware black before starting the repair.
Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #2
dirtbutton
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Nice post. Needed this info. Thanks.
Appreciate 0