E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > AA Flash vs. Open Flash Tablet for N52

03-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #67
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeballer96 View Post
This thread will change my cars life lol seriously. Deciding factor right here. If I want to tune for actual race gas and go completely catless I want a custom tune and get all the power I can get. I already talk to a tuner john Kerr and he said he can tune my car if I end up going open tablet. How do I know AA will stand by my side when I want a map and have all this extra jazz and they can't do anything, even more so now that I'm going with a 75 wet shot this summer. What will they do for me then?
PM them

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 08:33 AM   #68
esckalayd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MCB E92 M3

Came here for some info between OFT vs AA and boy did i get more than expected . Being that i am a noob when it comes to this, i have been looking at which product is easier for someone new, but will in turn allow to gain experience of tuning without harming the car. I'm not concerned about the $200 difference, but more the customer service, support, and ease of use. The OFT is more appealing in the fact that the interface seems more polished and easier to use, but i like the fact that AA is there to assist with maps (better for a newbie).

I originally was looking at a PBX or Sprintbooster, just to get that better throttle response, but after reading the forums, it seems these are band-aid fixes. I see Shiv (OFT) and AA on here quite a bit which tells me support and customer service should be fine, which would you recommend to some with very minimal experience to tuning/flashing?

Past Cars:- 2011 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3
Current Cars:- 2011 LMB E90 M3 ZCP/CWP/6MT/NO Moonroof

Last edited by esckalayd; 03-31-2014 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 08:38 AM   #69
jc_bmw
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E90

Started this thread to try and get some input on N52 with 3 stage intake.... we all know AA tune can support that mod. Haven't heard anything from OFT even posting in another thread.

In the end... I might go with Eurocharged. Decent reviews and compared against AA tune. Cost around the same as OFT and they are local for me (AA is local but farther to get to).
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 05:29 AM   #70
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Any update shiv on our questions? I feel like we are getting beat around the bush with the stage 3 DISA questions.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #71
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
This thread will change my cars life lol seriously. Deciding factor right here. If I want to tune for actual race gas and go completely catless I want a custom tune and get all the power I can get. I already talk to a tuner john Kerr and he said he can tune my car if I end up going open tablet. How do I know AA will stand by my side when I want a map and have all this extra jazz and they can't do anything, even more so now that I'm going with a 75 wet shot this summer. What will they do for me then?

We have stood by all of our customers when it comes to requests for new tunes. Our customers will tell you the same
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #72
benzo23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
We have stood by all of our customers when it comes to requests for new tunes. Our customers will tell you the same
Is the simon2 going to be coming out soon for the e90 platform?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #73
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
Is the simon2 going to be coming out soon for the e90 platform?

It should at a later time.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #74
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Quote:
Only thing steering me away is that I don't have all the bolt ons right now and don't want to pay to have another map sent. That's like paying twice for a tune. I'm bone stock now and want something to boost stock power in my 128i and then Tweet maps as I add bolt ons slowly. I'm ready to buy a tuning product tonight. I just think open tablet might be a better option?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #75
Kevin52
UMN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 328i Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeballer96
Quote:
Only thing steering me away is that I don't have all the bolt ons right now and don't want to pay to have another map sent. That's like paying twice for a tune. I'm bone stock now and want something to boost stock power in my 128i and then Tweet maps as I add bolt ons slowly. I'm ready to buy a tuning product tonight. I just think open tablet might be a better option?
This
      04-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #76
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

If you have a simon I do not charge for a 3 stage manifold tune upgrade. I also usually ask if they plan on doing it in the future so I can send it to them in advance. This way its easier on everyone involved.
Appreciate 0