E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > USB flash drive song playback incorrect order

06-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
aprogressivone
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

USB flash drive song playback incorrect order

I have searched the forums and found a thread of two on this issue but the fix is not directly answered in my opinion. I have noticed that when I connect a usb flash drive to my 2009 with I-Drive, certain songs in folders/albums are played out of order. It plays them alphabetically "despite" having the actually file name starting with 1,2,3 etc, and the mp3 ID3 tag information having the proper track number. Just like in the past few posts about this I read people stated this only happens on certain albums. Some of my folders/albums work fine and others don't. I use winamp autotag to properly tag my ID3 info on mp3's. Does anyone have any advice on the fix for this? The only way to play the tracks in correct order is to use Directory search mode, but I would like to be able to just search via the album and then have the songs play in the right order. Thanks for your time in reading this.

The below link is about someone who fixed the issue using easytag. He states he can't spot the difference between the ID3 tags that playback in correct order and those that don't. I guess what I want to know is if anyone knows exactly why this occurs because I don't want to really have to retag all my music when the ID3 already appears correct.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ncorrect+order

Last edited by aprogressivone; 06-23-2013 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0