E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335i Remap Advice

01-11-2012, 05:20 AM   #23
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 335i AT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
Just for comparison, my first remap (Evotech) got to 399hp/560Nm. My current GIAC stage 2 is at 433hp/677Nm or 456hp/700Nm with meth.

Evolve and DMS are both very good in the UK. GIAC is also distributed through Regal Autosport. COBB would also be an alternative, considering they support European cars now.

Alpina_B3_Lux
399hp/560nm without anything else than remap? gee! thats nice i live in Finland but still many tuners here too, will have to think this.well of course i could send parts to other country but still would like to prefer local tuner if something happens.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #24
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paapaa View Post
399hp/560nm without anything else than remap? gee! thats nice i live in Finland but still many tuners here too, will have to think this.well of course i could send parts to other country but still would like to prefer local tuner if something happens.
No, that included AR Design catted downpipes and an aftermaket intercooler. With just a remap 360-380hp and 500-530Nm should be doable.

With COBB you don't need to send in anything, you can remap the car yourself via OBD. Same for Evolve, they also have a flash-at-home device.

Alpina_B3_Lux
      01-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #25
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
No, that included AR Design catted downpipes and an aftermaket intercooler. With just a remap 360-380hp and 500-530Nm should be doable.

With COBB you don't need to send in anything, you can remap the car yourself via OBD. Same for Evolve, they also have a flash-at-home device.

Alpina_B3_Lux
ahaa, ok. well, then i really have to look those tuners again. do you know
what of these 2 is "best". maybe i will go to 1 mile standing top end speed
05/2012 at airport, then use some of these tuners flash and same place again...then i can really compare the remap results.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #26
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
ahaa, ok. well, then i really have to look those tuners again. do you know
what of these 2 is "best". maybe i will go to 1 mile standing top end speed
05/2012 at airport, then use some of these tuners flash and same place again...then i can really compare the remap results.
I don't have any personal experience with these two, but am aware of a number of users in this forum that have given positive feedback in relation to both. You can search around a bit, there are lots of threads on COBB in particular on the US side of this forum.

Alpina_B3_Lux
      02-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #27
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

mods...

Quote:
I don't have any personal experience with these two, but am aware of a number of users in this forum that have given positive feedback in relation to both. You can search around a bit, there are lots of threads on COBB in particular on the US side of this forum.

Alpina_B3_Lux
Allready ordered quad back exhaust,ETS 5.0" FMIC.
At last,found local tuner and i think i will get the jb4 + ar design catless ceramic coated DPs+meth injection. Now thinking about the yearly car inspection...with the ar catless dp´s...does it pass the emission test?

If i look correct, your manual handles +430hp 670nm with no problems?and no clutch/gearbox or other parts need to change?
thats impressive!!!

Last edited by paapaa; 02-24-2012 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: uups you got manual :)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #28
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Allready ordered quad back exhaust,ETS 5.0" FMIC.
At last,found local tuner and i think i will get the jb4 + ar design catless ceramic coated DPs+meth injection. Now thinking about the yearly car inspection...with the ar catless dp´s...does it pass the emission test?
As long as you leave the secondary cats in place, the car should be able to pass emission testing. However, if you install catless downpipes, the DME will notice this and throw out a CEL (catalyst efficiency light). The JB4 suppresses this, but does not put the DME into the OBD-ready status that is needed to pass an OBD emission test. This can be achieved with the DPfix from Burger.

Quote:
If i look correct, your manual handles +430hp 670nm with no problems?and no clutch/gearbox or other parts need to change?
thats impressive!!!
I've installed COBB recently and now the clutch is slipping. However, a stronger one is just being installed (ClutchMasters FX300).

Alpina_B3_Lux
      02-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #29
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
As long as you leave the secondary cats in place, the car should be able to pass emission testing. However, if you install catless downpipes, the DME will notice this and throw out a CEL (catalyst efficiency light). The JB4 suppresses this, but does not put the DME into the OBD-ready status that is needed to pass an OBD emission test. This can be achieved with the DPfix from Burger.

I've installed COBB recently and now the clutch is slipping. However, a stronger one is just being installed (ClutchMasters FX300).

Alpina_B3_Lux
Thanks for the info. I will keep in mind the dp fix.
http://burgertuning.com/dpfix.html

says "The JB4 tuning system includes this functionality built in so a DPFIX is not required if you are already running a JB4 Performance Tuner!"

so if i understand correctly, with JB4 no need for the add on-wires..or the wires are allready in the JB4.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #30
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I will keep in mind the dp fix.
http://burgertuning.com/dpfix.html

says "The JB4 tuning system includes this functionality built in so a DPFIX is not required if you are already running a JB4 Performance Tuner!"

so if i understand correctly, with JB4 no need for the add on-wires..or the wires are allready in the JB4.
Yes and no.

As I said, the JB4 suppresses the CEL that you would normally get when running catless DPs. However, what it doesn't do, is putting the engine management in OBD-ready status. If you don't have that status, you will not pass an OBD emissions test, as it means the engine management is not ready but is still adapting to its sensor inputs. Which it permanently does with the JB4.

If you want to achieve the OBD-ready status, you will need to install the DPfix in addition to the JB4.

Or if you want to avoid all that hassle, get a COBB Access Port - for the stage 2 maps (for which catless DPs are necessary) the catalyst fault codes are removed in the DME itself, so you don't need to add any wires at all.

Alpina_B3_Lux
      02-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #31
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Yes and no.

As I said, the JB4 suppresses the CEL that you would normally get when running catless DPs. However, what it doesn't do, is putting the engine management in OBD-ready status. If you don't have that status, you will not pass an OBD emissions test, as it means the engine management is not ready but is still adapting to its sensor inputs. Which it permanently does with the JB4.

If you want to achieve the OBD-ready status, you will need to install the DPfix in addition to the JB4.

Or if you want to avoid all that hassle, get a COBB Access Port - for the stage 2 maps (for which catless DPs are necessary) the catalyst fault codes are removed in the DME itself, so you don't need to add any wires at all.

Alpina_B3_Lux
Got quick reply from cobbtuning support and very happy with all information i got.for example "the Stage 2+FMIC have an increase of over 50% when compared to stock" thats enough for me.

alltough ONLY answer regarding to emission test is a little bit open question still to me ". You will see no fault code on the dash regarding the O2 sensors.
We have also not thoroughly tested the ready status, though it is something we plan to investigate further.
" does this mean, that i can go to emission test or that ready status is not available at all?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #32
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

after reading for hours here and there about different tuning setups...well
it got my head very messy, how the f..k i can know which is good setup and which is not so good about everything some one says that its good and some say the exact setup is not so good.

1.IF i install in a tuning shop at the same time:tune,ETS FMIC + cattless dp´s + intake upgrade, is the cobb accessport easiesti way?and not any special tool/modification needed...i mean i dont know if some dp´s have places for oem sencors and some not.

2.what would be best setup you recommed of the following:

-tune
cobb ap
jb4
procede

-intake
afe pro dry
bms dci
injen dci
stett cai

-downpipes
cp-e
active autowerke
VRSF
Agency Power
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #33
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
after reading for hours here and there about different tuning setups...well
it got my head very messy, how the f..k i can know which is good setup and which is not so good about everything some one says that its good and some say the exact setup is not so good.

1.IF i install in a tuning shop at the same time:tune,ETS FMIC + cattless dp´s + intake upgrade, is the cobb accessport easiesti way?and not any special tool/modification needed...i mean i dont know if some dp´s have places for oem sencors and some not.

2.what would be best setup you recommed of the following:

-tune
cobb ap
jb4
procede

-intake
afe pro dry
bms dci
injen dci
stett cai

-downpipes
cp-e
active autowerke
VRSF
Agency Power
If I had the money, I would go for Cobb tune, Injen or BMS dci, AR Design downpipes, and a ETS or Forge Intercooler. As they've received good reviews across the board.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #34
paapaa
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

thanks and found out that BMS dp fix, directly connects to ecu->obd ready for reading

Last edited by paapaa; 02-27-2012 at 11:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
dandog
Rep
Drives: e93 335i m sport convert 07

any remapping companies we should avoid??

i am looking at bw chip tune in west london, anyone got anything to say about them??
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #36
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandog View Post
any remapping companies we should avoid??

i am looking at bw chip tune in west london, anyone got anything to say about them??
Jason is a top guy. I received a very good service on the dyno day and cannot fault him at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #37
dandog
Rep
Drives: e93 335i m sport convert 07

what was your 335i like afterwards, what specs did you get, hows your mpg afterwards
Appreciate 0