E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Pre Golden Gardens meet breakfast and TCU flash

03-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #67
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Haha, it was me who noticed the boyz in Germany posted the assembly number and I kicked Steven because he wasn't even looking at the thread. I don't even think he had WinKFP loaded at the time. Once he figured out how to update SP-DATEN, which we now know is easier to do through the BMW Coding Tools, I was the first one to flash my car. So yes, big props to Steven for spending the time to play with WinKFP, but don't forget if it wasn't for me this could have slipped through the cracks and it wouldn't be a reality today!
WOW..I am not saying much more than that
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #68
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
WOW..I am not saying much more than that
Please don't take this out of context. I was pissed at this person for poaching people from the the tread and the event. I know you're pissed at me, and I'm sorry. It was good to get a bunch of people together and we all had a good time. I didn't set out to cause anyone issues. It was not my intention. I'm not here to piss people off or be an @ss. It's in my nature to help people and it was never about the money. So I'm sorry if I made you upset at me over this.

BTW, the paddle recode only takes one step and that's changing the Wert 02 to Wert 01 and write it back. I have done two cars now without having to take them back to 00 first.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #69
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Then why charge in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #70
rentonrider
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [7.00]
Quote:
Please don't take this out of context. I was pissed at this person for poaching people from the the tread and the event. I know you're pissed at me, and I'm sorry. It was good to get a bunch of people together and we all had a good time. I didn't set out to cause anyone issues. It was not my intention. I'm not here to piss people off or be an @ss. It's in my nature to help people and it was never about the money. So I'm sorry if I made you upset at me over this.

BTW, the paddle recode only takes one step and that's changing the Wert 02 to Wert 01 and write it back. I have done two cars now without having to take them back to 00 first.

First off, some of those are my old clients. All I did let them know you're not the only person in town that can do the flash. The reason I don't post solicitation in the NW section is because it's against the rules unless you're a paying sponsor which you're not. Here you are coming through here like you're the hot stuff when Steven did all the work. Just saying...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #71
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Dont take it into context? THe whole passage mentions if it wasnt for you this flash would never have been discovered...I mean what did you actually do beside let me test it on your car first as I couldnt with mine because I had a dead battery and wanted to wait a little longer? You have all my software that I loaded onto your computer and I configured your laptop for you! I am far from upset but just bewildered at your comments.

Anyway I am done with this...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #72
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentonrider View Post
First off, some of those are my old clients. All I did let them know you're not the only person in town that can do the flash. The reason I don't post solicitation in the NW section is because it's against the rules unless you're a paying sponsor which you're not. Here you are coming through here like you're the hot stuff when Steven did all the work. Just saying...
I was invited not you. But you still solicited on this thread. Just saying...

I have done a lot of work digging through the SP-Daten files looking for clues as to how we can take this to the next level. For you to come back and say I came through like I was hot stuff and didn't do any of the work is comical as you are now coat tailing our efforts without a clue as to what happened.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #73
andybui82
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentonrider View Post
haahhaha BIM CODING FTW!
      03-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #74
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Next reality tv show... Coding warz
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #75
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd
LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #76
pratan158
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335XI

Quote:
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #77
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
I would watch this.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #78
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 328i

this is the most live the BMW NW forums have been in 22 years. subscribed.

facebook.com/jmeasphotography | jmeas.4ormat.com | IG: jmeasphotography
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #79
hookandpull
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Smells like sex in here....
19" DPE GT7's, BMS DCI, AA 3" catless downpipes, AE catless catback, JB4 G5, ETS 7" FMIC, AR Charpipe with dual -10 meth injector bungs, HFS4 Aquamist meth kit, Alpina TCU flash, M3 pedals, LED interior kit...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #80
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Dont take it into context? THe whole passage mentions if it wasnt for you this flash would never have been discovered...I mean what did you actually do beside let me test it on your car first as I couldnt with mine because I had a dead battery and wanted to wait a little longer? You have all my software that I loaded onto your computer and I configured your laptop for you! I am far from upset but just bewildered at your comments.

Anyway I am done with this...
Well, I don't want to be a dick about this, but let me clarify. You wouldn't have been involved because you weren't even following the thread until I told you about it. BTW... Yes this would have been discovered with out you or me because we weren't the first to figure this out. Tomaz posted the information first and told everyone the assembly number and what was needed because he was already running it on his car. Unfortunately no one really knew anything about WinKFP otherwise this would have taken off a week before we posted anything.

So other than taking the time to figure out WinKFP by reading the WinKFP documentation and importing the SP-Daten-e89, what did you do other than write the DIYs?

I'm a systems engineer with a computer science degree. You don't think that if I had the time I wouldn't have figured this out by myself. I appreciate the software that you took so much time to setup, but this shit isn't rocket science and I agree it would have taken me longer to get things setup, but trust me, I would have figured this out, it's what I do for a living.

Even if your car had a good battery and a charger you wouldn't have tested this first because you're not the type to take the plunge into the unknown. You even tried to get me to back off and wait for enrita to try it first. So talk about bewildered. But that's ok. Like you said, I single handedly made you look like an @ss because I agreed to do this group event I was invited to for $50 a car and made this a cheap @ss flash.

So what are you really pissed about? Me taking the credit for telling you about the assembly number and having the balls to be the first to flash my car? Or you having people question why you're charging so much for a 10 minute flash?

I'm not a coder and don't care to be a coder for $. I'm sorry if I broke the coders rule, but unlike you this wasn't about making a lot of money like it was for you. Anyway, don't worry because I won't bother you again about this or anything else.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #81
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #82
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Pass some over here...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #83
pratan158
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J
Quote:
Pass some over here...
This is entertaining lol
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #84
hookandpull
Lieutenant
Rep

You know I am new to modding BMWs but this whole bullshit of "coding" is horse shit everyone acts like they are software engineers stripping code and what not when the truth is that its flashing and selecting options at its finest and its sad that these so called "coders" that impersonate as car enthusiasts only want to make a buck off their fellow enthusiast instead of forging a friendship. I have told multiple members on here that I am willing to help with anything as long a they are willing to turn a wrench and get dirty as well... I come from a different AE community and we all help each other out. I work and make a living so I don't need to try and make a buck off my fellow enthusiasts having a name is worth more IMO
19" DPE GT7's, BMS DCI, AA 3" catless downpipes, AE catless catback, JB4 G5, ETS 7" FMIC, AR Charpipe with dual -10 meth injector bungs, HFS4 Aquamist meth kit, Alpina TCU flash, M3 pedals, LED interior kit...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #85
pratan158
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull
You know I am new to modding BMWs but this whole bullshit of "coding" is horse shit everyone acts like they are software engineers stripping code and what not when the truth is that its flashing and selecting options at its finest and its sad that these so called "coders" that impersonate as car enthusiasts only want to make a buck off their fellow enthusiast instead of forging a friendship. I have told multiple members on here that I am willing to help with anything as long a they are willing to turn a wrench and get dirty as well... I come from a different AE community and we all help each other out. I work and make a living so I don't need to try and make a buck off my fellow enthusiasts having a name is worth more IMO
+1!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #86
hookandpull
Lieutenant
Rep

Now I am not calling out rentonrider or wedge in my above post its more geared towards some of the asshats that reply to a thread that ill post with questions. They will text trying to make a buck instead of just sharing knowledge. Like I said I make a decent living and I refuse to bastardize my hobby by doing what some of these clowns in our area do
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #87
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull View Post
Yeah, I agree. On the VW forum, members do coding with the VAG-COM software/cable and they do it for free. Same with the guys on the Audi forums.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #88
mikolk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335XI Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull View Post

I'm a fairly new member to e90post, but when I was on audiworld it was a piece of cake to get help with vag-com or parts or almost anything. No $$$ changed hands, just parts, knowledge and beer. When people help people without charge, that's a great group to be a part of.
Appreciate 0