E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Please Help !! Oxygen Sensor Problems

11-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
bainarooney
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320 SE

Please Help !! Oxygen Sensor Problems

Hi Guys

Dont really post on here as much as i should. I have started to develop problems with my car. It was beginning the misfire when cold..also my oxygen sensor warning light has been coming on and off for a good 2 months.

I have changed the spark plugs even though the old ones looked fine and my RPM needle seems to be hunting slightly.

I have the code P2231. This code says that it is bank 1 sensor 1 that may be fauly so i think i will change this. I have the 4 cylinder car and just wanting to find out where is bank 1 sensor 1. I think it may be the one when looking under the bonnet it is to the left and down on the manifold.

Has anyone ever struck the same problem ?????

I know the coils are a bit of a stinker on this car but i have heard a car that runs on 3 cylinder and this car certinely is not.

Any help appreciated.

Its a 2006 e90 320i.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 05:03 AM   #2
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

It's best to teach a man to fish...

If you don't know about it already, there is a website called realoem.com, which has the parts diagrams for BMWs (it's called the BMW TIS). You can use this site to find part numbers for whatever part you need. All you need to do is plug in the last 7 digits of your VIN and the TIS will bring up the production information for your car and all the parts in it grouped into several different categories.

The 320i is not sold in the USA so I'm not familiar with it, however cars are cars, so this is the parts schematic for the N62 4-banger, which is probably the engine in your car. Bank 1 Sensor 1 is No. 2 in the drawing. It looks like the N62 has two cats built into the mainfold and has four O2 sensors - two for each catalytic converter.

Good luck with it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0