E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > First maintance

08-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
cookie munsta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

First maintance

Hey e90post members,
I bought my car with 40k miles and im close to 70k miles. I've had the car for almost two years now. So far no major issues beside my thermostat that took a dump last summer. I need some advise/oppinions and suggestions on the following... I have not changed my air and cabin air filter, rotors, pads, and sensors what is the best way to go about this (brakes are starting to squick somewhat)? for brakes I've heard to stick with oem (discs, pads, and sensors) and for filter either oem or K & N. What do you guys think? Also are there any other things I should worry about at 70k miles? my dealership does my oil change every 8-10k miles. Should I worry about differential fluids? or cleaning the throttle body? what about the suspension (currently stock)? Any ideas and suggestions would be a big help! Thanks!
ps. I drive a stock 07 328i sedan.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [2.83]
courious about your thermostat, what kind of symptoms did you have when it went bad? Mine threw my a code last year but I reset the ECS light. I believe mine is now stocked open till I change it along with water pump. No issues

Just follow your ECM dashboard. It will tell you the maintenance you need.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
cookie munsta
Private First Class
Rep

I think what happen is the car was gettin over heated and in the end the thermostat got replaced. BMW dealership confirmed it as well but they didn't fix it because my 3rd party didn't cover it (but covers water pump -_-). I also replaced my seal gasket about the same month.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
cookie munsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRomeo
courious about your thermostat, what kind of symptoms did you have when it went bad? Mine threw my a code last year but I reset the ECS light. I believe mine is now stocked open till I change it along with water pump. No issues

Just follow your ECM dashboard. It will tell you the maintenance you need.
also fan was loud as $h!t
Appreciate 0