E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > P29CD code question!

03-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #1
DaytonaBMW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

P29CD code question!

Hello,
I have searched about the P29CD on google, and as well as on this forum.
The car ran perfect, no problem at all til last night. Then all the sudden, today, i was trying to get to the school. I started the engine, and the car sounded like a tank.(I also have Active autowerke exhaust) and it was loud as h***.
Car was shaking pretty hard, because i was feeling little sick inside the car, and the rpm was shaking.
I got the code, P29CD, and i drove the car to the dealership and dropped it, because the service advisor wasn't there today.

I know its a cylinder 1 misfire with that code, and it may be the spark plugs or the coils.

Anyone who have went through this issue? I know we all can try DIY but i need the car to be fixed as soon as possible.

Anyone have fixed this issue at the dealership? or firestone or any local shops?
I wanted to know the price ahead, so the dealership cannot joke with the price.

Thanks!

p.s. I have the Active Autowerke's stage 2 tuned. I read couple of posts where they were talking about the Stage 2. changing the setting can fix the issue? whut..?

Last edited by DaytonaBMW; 03-08-2016 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0