E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BT scan of E90 335 with JB+ (code thrown)

03-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #111
cougfan335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe MT, Montego/Saddle

Septro: Lets give mine a shot, I waited like an hour after popping the hood and locking the car to install it (due to my darn dog running off) so no problems there. I am hoping these codes are just from the install rushing, but since I have real new software it should be more sensitive than any earlier versions in trying to deny people their warrantys for just a few extra psi. I work the 9-5, other than that anytime you're available I'm down.
e92 335i: Montego, Saddle Brown, Burl Walnut, MT, Sport, Prem, CW, PDC, Rear Shade. Mods: JB4, BMS Dual Intake, Cyba Scoops, Beyern Mesh Chrome 19" wheels, 15% F1 tint, LeatherZ weighted shift knob, body color reflectors, Matte black grill with Montego surround, middle lower grill removed, left and right lower grills painted black.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #112
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
--self-edited for prosperity.
Are you serious?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #113
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan335 View Post
Septro: Lets give mine a shot, I waited like an hour after popping the hood and locking the car to install it (due to my darn dog running off) so no problems there. I am hoping these codes are just from the install rushing, but since I have real new software it should be more sensitive than any earlier versions in trying to deny people their warrantys for just a few extra psi. I work the 9-5, other than that anytime you're available I'm down.
Cool - come out to the drag day this Sunday if you like (if it don't f'n rain) and I can bring the BT tool and we can check this condition out.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #114
cougfan335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe MT, Montego/Saddle

Sounds good, maybe I'll even see how bad I race with this CDV. Maybe with DTC off my car won't shake its ass to the left every time I accelerate.
e92 335i: Montego, Saddle Brown, Burl Walnut, MT, Sport, Prem, CW, PDC, Rear Shade. Mods: JB4, BMS Dual Intake, Cyba Scoops, Beyern Mesh Chrome 19" wheels, 15% F1 tint, LeatherZ weighted shift knob, body color reflectors, Matte black grill with Montego surround, middle lower grill removed, left and right lower grills painted black.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #115
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketpop View Post
Lets not jump to any conclusions, Im not saying it does or doesn't throw codes, but just because one person had a code doesn't mean we all are going to throw codes. Let Terry and Mike have time to speak to the OP and see what exactly happen.

I have been running at 75% on the a 05/08 build with the very latest software. I run 93 octane and the outside temps have been 80+ without any codes.
You BT scanned it?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #116
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

At this point I think it would be, uh, considerate of all tuners advertising code free performance to set up and offer free BT scans for their customers.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #117
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
At this point I think it would be, uh, considerate of all tuners advertising code free performance to set up and offer free BT scans for their customers.
+1

---------------

Feels like I was FORCED to buy the BT scanner.

Unless all the conditions are PERFECT, the install is PERFECT, and the car runs PERFECT, you WILL have a code.

Guess what?
We don't live in a PERFECT world so throwing false information out such as "invisible to detectors" is called false advertisement.

The wording needs to change for all tuners out there.

BTW. I have nothing against the tunes themselves, I am fine with my tune, and it has thrown a code, just the advertisement bothers me since I was forced to buy a BT scanner in order to avoid getting my warranty voided.

There should be an STRONG RECOMMENDATION to buy the BT scanner if you buy a tune in the tuners website so you can avoid people saying "your tune voided my warranty" and so that you can gain the customers trust for your product.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #118
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
+1

---------------

Unless all the conditions are PERFECT, the install is PERFECT, and the car runs PERFECT, you WILL have a code.

Guess what?
We don't live in a PERFECT world so throwing false information out such as "invisible to detectors" is called false advertisement.

BTW. I have nothing against the tunes themselves, I am fine with my tune, and it has thrown a code, just the advertisement bothers me since I was forced to buy a BT scanner in order to avoid getting my warranty voided.

There should be an STRONG RECOMMENDATION to buy the BT scanner if you buy a tune in the tuners website so you can avoid people saying "your tune voided my warranty" and so that you can gain the customers trust for your product.
I can understand the frustration but you do realize you are getting mad about a tune not being invisible so you can ensure your warranty fraud?

Granted - you do expect the product to work as intended and I think if you work with the vendor, you will get just that. But the dichotomy of it all is just too dam funny.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #119
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
+1

---------------

Guess what?

Unless your tune CAN(bus) read and clear codes
      03-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #120
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
I can understand the frustration but you do realize you are getting mad about a tune not being invisible so you can ensure your warranty fraud?

Granted - you do expect the product to work as intended and I think if you work with the vendor, you will get just that. But the dichotomy of it all is just too dam funny.
Exactly!

It's about me winning, not those rich bastards!

Too much "work" would be involved for this issue to be fully resolved and the tune not throw any codes.

I'm fine now though, I spent another $300 on top of the $600 (forgot how much it was) but at least I can pull up other codes now and don't have to go to the dealer blind.
For example, I am not 100% sure my HPFP is going and also see iDrive error codes that I was wondering about.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #121
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
Unless your tune CAN(bus) read and clear codes

What?

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 12:35 AM   #122
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios335i View Post
I know that a lot of people with the sstt didnt throw codes. The sstt imo was stronger than jb+ in default setting. It was when i turned it to full boost that it was faster than the sstt. Id hate to spend money on jb+ and run only 1.75 boost. Then have to pay another 300 to have it actually give good power. my 2 cents
Think about it this way. With JB+ and BT scanner, you get the (more) performance of SSTT and the ability to see/clear any code that is in your car.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #123
TXSurfer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineCloud9 View Post
Think about it this way. With JB+ and BT scanner, you get the (more) performance of SSTT and the ability to see/clear any code that is in your car.
+1 I love my BT scanner, worth the money even if you don't use a tune. I like to know whats going on with my car before I go to dealership.
      03-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #124
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
That ain't gonna happen because they're selling the BT!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #125
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW THIS! View Post
Wow that says it all. You guys are fools. A pinnacle leader of being an asshole. Strongest vendor? Why dont you tell all the other vendors that! Remember the strength is in numbers you retard!

btw, does shivs dick really taste that good?
Quote:
Dont let the door hit you in the ass fruitcake.
Quote:
I guess you failed to see if I gave a shit. I am sick of the bickering. or the trying to one up BMS. Its old.
Quote:
I forgot too.
Quote:
Oh man I just received a message.....There is a Subaru forum missing your keen since of knowledge and intellect. Better get back to them ASAP!
Quote:
actually I was on 10's as a teenager but they never did much. I went to Dexedrine then to Adderall. I think Adderall maybe a bit too much as I take XR in the AM and PM (30mg each) but who knows only some of the smartest people in the world are ADHD*

*we just have a tendency to not wear the same socks or be a bit off our rockers.
Quote:
Dude just stop. For the love of anything just stop. Posting anything in this thread is just worthless. Let it die and go into oblivion.
Quote:
Are you serious?
Quote:
How about you form the anti-ban?

You like non-information because that is 90% of the BS that is said?

If so venture over to tmz.com and have fun
Quote:
Ok seriously dont you have something better to do.

Do you want me to link you with TMZ articles too?

LET IT DIE!!! WE ARE SICK OF THIS SHIT!
Quote:
Keep it up and the ban petition will start very soon. or start acting like a god damn adult.
Quote:
You not going to turn this on me.
Quote:
Heres a good one for jpsimon and shiv. Personally my favorite one today.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/19/tom-hanks-flips-out/
Quote:
My name is Megatron, leader of Decepticons
Quote:
Yeah I thought that was pretty funny too.

Wow... you've got what, 69 posts right now on this forum? And you've contributed SO MUCH just in this thread alone.

I, along with the rest of the community I'm sure, would like to THANK YOU for your invaluable involvement in helping derail any technical discussion at all that might be buried in here.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #126
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Wow... you've got what, 69 posts right now on this forum? And you've contributed SO MUCH just in this thread alone.

I, along with the rest of the community I'm sure, would like to THANK YOU for your invaluable involvement in helping derail any technical discussion at all that might be buried in here.

2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #127
Fone Phreak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy99 View Post
Phone Freak, is this what happened to u?
What has happened since your first post in this thread?
As always so much fun watching the kids cyber-wrestling
Bad habits are hard to change, I`ll give u that one boys. But in the end, the
trend hurts more one side than the other, guess who?
My vehicle had 32.1 in at my request. had it updated at dealer. also i run 93 octane. The JB+ was installed set at the default setting. drove it for a week or so until my BT tool arrived.

Since then i have cleared all codes and have set jb+ at the 3 o'clock setting. I will do a scan tonight... i would be seriously suprised if it didn't have the same code.

that being said... the car feels great and is a ton of fun to drive... can only immagine what you guys with JB3 or PROceede and all the other bolt on must be experiencing!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #128
Fraxum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Holy cow. Complete destruction of the thread. But I have a question.

What is the cheapest method for scanning and clearing codes?

I think if you want to play the tuner game with a BMW you need this device. Still a good deal for a JB+ and scanner for about $10-12 per hp. A bargain actually. And it's fun to mess around with such a hi-tech car.
      04-02-2009, 12:32 AM   #129
Psylight
Brigadier General
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Teh Space Gray E92 M 6MT

What a thread! >_<