E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Why I Will Never Buy I-Forged Again

04-29-2008, 03:15 AM   #67
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep
Drives: 三三五i

Garage List
Your pics aren't loading, but I'm going to assume it shows DPE wheels and iForgeries next to each other and they look the same...

I probably didn't scrutinize DPE offerings but from the few that I casually saw on these forums I didn't think they were total rips. But I'm guessing those pictures show otherwise and I stand corrected. Are the forged360s similar too? I thought they did the CF rims, which is pretty original in my book.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy anything apart from HRE or Fikse if I wanted nice forged wheels. Having dealt with both companies, I know they are here to stay and have the service to back it up. I've never dealt directly with iForged but trust me, the stories are bad enough that I wouldn't run them unless I got them for free. And that's a maybe.

People probably bash on them a lot more because of how badly they handle difficult situations and how often it happens. I'm sure every wheel company has the same problems here and there, but the frequency and audacity of iForgery's bad practices is impossible to ignore.
      04-29-2008, 03:18 AM   #68
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep
Drives: 三三五i

Garage List
And just to be clear, I run CSL replicas anyway... The mother of all rips, but hey, at least they admit it. If iForgery called their wheels "540R replicas" or "FM/10 replicas" etc. or something then they can at least admit they're copying them.
      04-29-2008, 03:57 AM   #69
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbow View Post

People probably bash on them a lot more because of how badly they handle difficult situations and how often it happens. I'm sure every wheel company has the same problems here and there, but the frequency and audacity of iForgery's bad practices is impossible to ignore.
Absolutely, I've read the horror stories too.

FWIW, I have a set of Daytonas and am happy with them. Again, don't get me wrong as I love DPE's and any other "similar" brand too, but I just can't stand when everyone convicts, sentences and hangs one company while the others get off "scot free."

I guess every company makes a few designs that are very similar to the most "popular" designs, regardless of who produced that particular design to begin with. It would actually be stupid not to, but it all comes back to "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" in the end.

I'm done ranting, sorry to get off topic.
      04-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #70
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

I-Forged earned their I-Forgery reputation long before DPE, 360Forged or many other wheel brands came on the market. It is what it is bro I understand your defensive in that you own a set of wheels through them. But much like this thread there's tons of horror stories out there in regards to quality and customer service issues!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #71
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
The owner of Bavarian Performance Group saw two sets of iForged rims recently and he was not impressed with the quality of the wheels at all......
      04-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #72
ExclusiveDetail
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X6M50i

my wheels are coming tomorrow. and i swear if there is any problems with them. i will raise hell!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #73
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1c View Post
my wheels are coming tomorrow. and i swear if there is any problems with them. i will raise hell!
do it!
      04-30-2008, 12:56 AM   #74
MikeM5
Future Classic
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW / Porsche

my wheel should be here tomorrow as well.

after speaking with I-Forged, they said that re-powdercoating would only weaken the rim if it is done outside the recommended temperature range and that their powdercoater is well aware of the problems that can potentially arise.

i hope that's true!

Melbourne E90 M3 | Jet Black E46 M3 | Techno E36 M3 | 997.2 C2S | 958 Cayenne GTS
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #75
MikeM5
Future Classic
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW / Porsche

my wheel arrived...

i'll post pics after i get back from bimmerfest

Melbourne E90 M3 | Jet Black E46 M3 | Techno E36 M3 | 997.2 C2S | 958 Cayenne GTS
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 12:15 AM   #76
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM5 View Post
my wheel arrived...

i'll post pics after i get back from bimmerfest
Did it turn out ok?