E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > KW V1 or H&R coilovers

11-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #23
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi coupe

Thanks for the comments guys but I made my decision and I'm gonna spend a bit more and go for the AST's. I need that extra performance on the track since xi's handle like shit
      11-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #24
omax2008
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctm309 View Post
Can you describe the ride quality with the HR set up compared to OEM, not just generally but in all respects?
I found OEM to be extremely floaty around corners with lots of body roll. Turn in was aweful! I had to pre-load the suspension before entering a corner then It fealt like the car would rebound. It was not fun and too much work for what is supposed to be a well driving car.

After intstalling the H&Rs...

Body roll is almost completely gone. Turn in is greatly improved. The car is much more level throughout and more agile.

I'm not gonna lie... To complete the process I would very much like to upgrade my sways also. Just don't want to part with that cash right now.

If you are not happy with OEM handling I highly suggest getting the coils. You absolutely won't regret it
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #25
ilumo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by omax2008 View Post
I found OEM to be extremely floaty around corners with lots of body roll. Turn in was aweful! I had to pre-load the suspension before entering a corner then It fealt like the car would rebound. It was not fun and too much work for what is supposed to be a well driving car.

After intstalling the H&Rs...

Body roll is almost completely gone. Turn in is greatly improved. The car is much more level throughout and more agile.

I'm not gonna lie... To complete the process I would very much like to upgrade my sways also. Just don't want to part with that cash right now.

If you are not happy with OEM handling I highly suggest getting the coils. You absolutely won't regret it

how about comfort? I am highly concerned about coil over comformt, since I do like the stock ride in the fact that it can absorb most of the small pot holes with relative ease. I dont want the ride to all of a sudden become bone jarring, especially when i go through some of the rougher patches on the LIE/Grand central/ NYC/ queens BLVD, etc.

thanks for the input though!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #26
omax2008
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilumo View Post
how about comfort? I am highly concerned about coil over comformt, since I do like the stock ride in the fact that it can absorb most of the small pot holes with relative ease. I dont want the ride to all of a sudden become bone jarring, especially when i go through some of the rougher patches on the LIE/Grand central/ NYC/ queens BLVD, etc.

thanks for the input though!
I too was concerned about daily driving in the NYC area with the coilovers. I gotta tell you that the ride is not harsh or jarring in any way. It might be more so with runflats but I can't say cus I ditched those before I upgraded my suspension.

If you are worried about feeling too much of the road, don't be.

Even my wife likes the ride
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #27
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by omax2008 View Post
I too was concerned about daily driving in the NYC area with the coilovers. I gotta tell you that the ride is not harsh or jarring in any way. It might be more so with runflats but I can't say cus I ditched those before I upgraded my suspension.

If you are worried about feeling too much of the road, don't be.

Even my wife likes the ride
sorry to bring up an old thread but im also in nyc and been thinking of upgrading to hr coilovers instead of kw but im on bilsteins and hr springs since last summer and i didnt really like it handling was surely improved but not comfortable at all most bumps and potholes felt like my chassis is braking in half...both of us being from nyc we know the roads so how have they held up since then? thanks
Appreciate 0