E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > N54 2CF6, 2CF7 & 2D61, reduced power icon - HELP PLEASE!

09-07-2015, 10:10 AM   #1
bcg
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

N54 2CF6, 2CF7 & 2D61, reduced power icon - HELP PLEASE!

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with my 2007 N54 E90. The car has been giving the reduced power icon on and off for a couple of months, usually with a slight stumble. Most of the time, you can stop/start the engine and it goes away, one time it gave the surging symptoms of the HPFP issue but normally, there is very little RPM surge, like within 100RPM +/-. I’ve had these exact symptoms before and we had to replace the throttle body to correct it, that was just over a year and maybe 20k miles ago and while it’s certainly possible that’s the problem again, I certainly hope a $300 throttle body would last longer than that. I pulled codes and I’m getting –

2CF6 Throttle valve potentiometer 1, plausibility with regard to air mass
2CF7 Throttle valve potentiometer 2, plausibility with regard to air mass
2D61 Throttle valve, monitoring

I guess these may be pointing to the throttle body again.

I’ve visually checked the charge pipe to throttle body connection and the throttle body electrical connections and it all seems good. Do you guys have any other suggestions as to what may be going on here?

Car is lightly modded, DCI and JB4 only (used JB4 to pull codes). I've been working on suspension and LSD before more performance mods.
Appreciate 0