E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > From Vishnu Support

09-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #23
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
I'm sorry for the delays in shipping out v2 upgrades. That is the only product that currently has a wait list. A manufacturing issue and, most recently, a change made by BMW (the elimination of the smaller switched power fuse) threw unforeseen wrenches in the works. Those who are unwilling to wait until we resolve the latter issue, need only PM Calvin and cancel their order. But so far, no one has come forth. Probably because they don't want to loose their spot in the que, which is completely understandable.

533ogetnom-- The PM you got was not a threat. I asked Calvin to cancel your order since you were so obviously bothered with how things unravelled. If you are this unhappy now, I don't want to see what happens after we actually charge you and ship you a product. Yeesh. Seriously, if you want to cancel, just PM Calvin. You will have my complete support with whatever you decide to do.

To everyone else who understands what it is like to step out on a limb, actually develop products, and not just wait until someone else does it first, and copy them--- thank you. We are extremely happy with the level of support we have received and continue to receive from the community. We also listen, with open ears, to those who constructively criticise us. We use every word as an opportunity to improve our business, products and, at times, our sense of humor

Cheers,
Shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 09-28-2007 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 09:17 PM   #24
533ogetnom
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Do you honestly think anybody wants 533 as their spokesperson?
how many people do you think there are that wont speak out for fear of being alienated or having the vishnu crew cancel their orders (sometime next year when there actually ready to ship) is a rhetorical question, theres actually a lot

i doubt anyone would want me as their spokesman either, but someone has to do it

you guys can keep tasting the salt, and all your going to get is more and more of the BS in the future, personally i would rather criticize the BS thats been going on in hopes of it not happening in the future then lay down, take it, and GUARANTEE it happens in the future

heres to a 500$ v3 with launch control and map switching sometime in 2009 thats exactly where your headed
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 09:20 PM   #25
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 09:32 PM   #26
533ogetnom
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
533ogetnom-- The PM you got was not a threat. I asked Calvin to cancel your order since you were so obviously bothered with how things unravelled. If you are this unhappy now, I don't want to see what happens after we actually charge you and ship you a product. Yeesh. Seriously, if you want to cancel, just PM Calvin. You will have my complete support with whatever you decide to do.
like ive said many times, i like your products, they are great

i dont like the BS thats been coming out of your office, and having paid $1300 i do believe i have the right to criticize the service or lack there of i have received and the promises made before purchase that were not fulfilled

you want constructive criticism? i have some

1: product release dates should be released with a sure date, if you will be sending on test products, you do no have a sure date, unforeseen and unexpected delays are different things

2: do not make promises you cant keep, the following are considered promises "we will develop launch control, we will have a separate map for those with aftermarket exhaust, we will be making a downpipe map soon" i left out "future updates will be free" on technicality

3: damned if you do damned if you dont pertaining to giving the community updates? true to an extent, but mostly because you are not tight lipped enough, share things that you are currently developing and have a good idea that will be ready soon, better yet, just dont share it till its in at least a testing phase

there is nothing wrong with not satisfying everything everyone asks for, like a DP map, rather than saying youll be offering one soon and then giving no updates for those who are now expecting one, why not say "we are not currently developing one at this time but that may change in the future" this does not create as many, if any, problems. it closes the matter while leaving open that it is a possibility

4: make claims that will be substantiated and your sure you can deliver, period
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #27
Bravo1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Accord

This is a denial of the problem on the forum, but the customer service issue has been going on even before Vishnu started taking on BMW's. The EVO and Subaru market was considerably smaller and I don't even want to guess how much their sales have increased.... 20 fold would not be surprising.

I heard the solution to this problem was being addressed over a year ago and it was to have people that dealt strictly with inventory, ordering, billing, support and all of the other details that it takes to run the business and the more technical crew would deal with R&D and any tier 2 level questions.

I know the profits are good but if the long term base is to remain I would hope some of these issues would be addressed.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #28
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I have no problems with the way Vishnu does business. I have never had a service issue that was not promptly addressed because I went through the appropriate channels to have my issue addressed. The people complaining sound like they have never run a business. I would appreciate you folks to quit complaining. Everyone on the forum has heard you now over and over again. The points have been made and your continual badgering solves nothing, makes no difference in the product delivery, but sure does make several of you sound 1. immature; 2. short-sighted; and 3. just plain stupid. I would pay Vishnu $2,000 for each V2 order cancelled for those continuously complaining like brats. Send your complaints to Vishnu and if you want to post them here, do it once and end it. Enough is enough and frankly, I believe no one gives a (*&^(*&^ about how you feel. Got it. Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 11:26 PM   #29
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
no offense, but you remind me of that guy in "thank you for smoking".

just the bad guy attitude, but someone has to do it persona.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #30
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 533ogetnom View Post

i dont like the BS thats been coming out of your office, and having paid $1300 i do believe i have the right to criticize the service or lack there of i have received and the promises made before purchase that were not fulfilled

1: product release dates should be released with a sure date, if you will be sending on test products, you do no have a sure date, unforeseen and unexpected delays are different things

2: do not make promises you cant keep, the following are considered promises "we will develop launch control, we will have a separate map for those with aftermarket exhaust, we will be making a downpipe map soon" i left out "future updates will be free" on technicality

3: damned if you do damned if you dont pertaining to giving the community updates? true to an extent, but mostly because you are not tight lipped enough, share things that you are currently developing and have a good idea that will be ready soon, better yet, just dont share it till its in at least a testing phase

there is nothing wrong with not satisfying everything everyone asks for, like a DP map, rather than saying youll be offering one soon and then giving no updates for those who are now expecting one, why not say "we are not currently developing one at this time but that may change in the future" this does not create as many, if any, problems. it closes the matter while leaving open that it is a possibility

i have never heard of an engineering plan that actually met a deadline or planned release date. Chill out man, the guys are working, it's not like they're at the beach spending your money. #%#$ happens, and happens all the time.
There has been lack of communication and now they're communicating. give em a break man.

seriously, i work in software field and i always watch guys like oracle and microsoft miss their deadlines and not even create 1/2 of the features they promised (specifically microsoft). that's the engineering world. get it

and Shiv, yah you guys need to work on your sense of humor... it currently sucks with all this drama going around just kidding
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 11:49 PM   #31
NPDAN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [8.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
I still love you guys...
      09-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #32
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

You guys should be glad that there are even products like this out there right now with all the R&D and thought put into them. It's nice to know that there are guys out there that are actually able to adapt to problems that the manufacturers put out (different fuses or whatever) and are still able to turn out a product in a reasonable timeframe. Take your microwave TV dinner instant gratification attitudes and shop elsewhere if you aren't able to wait for the stuff. How many of you are actually old enough to remember life without a microwave anyway?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 12:10 AM   #33
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
I would have to agree with the above statements here.

I undestand its not easy to run a business and you can't always please everybody, but maybe you guys simply need to hire someone else to help with the support (just my opinion).

------------------------------

Shiv, I have PMd Calvin, Dustin and David about a payment problem when ordering V2. I need to change that payment info.
If I call, my friend that just ordered and PROcede said that the lady answering the phone does not know anything.

I don't know what else to do.

agreed with u ...the last time i called to ask simple question like when do u guys think v2 going to ship to my house.. they said.. we dont know our system does not show, but i can take that message to dustin or calvin. Hmmm ok.. so i told them to relay that message to them.. no answer what so ever.. oh well.. damn customer service suc... lol but tech is good..
      09-29-2007, 12:55 AM   #34
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Quote:

+1
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 02:08 AM   #35
WilyB
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo1 View Post
This is a denial of the problem on the forum, but ...

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 06:31 AM   #36
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
This happens, it's quite normal in the software and hardware business. I waited for a sequel to operation flashpoint for 6 years. Originally it was coming end of 2003, it came out in 2006. There are thousands of examples of delayed release dates by some of the most creative companies in existence.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 07:45 AM   #37
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Actually if anyones unlucky its me, i got a procede that was faulty and a wiring harness that was faulty as well. This 2 gave me the biggest problems and i was initially very pissed. But i realised that slow customer support does not equate to bad customer support. Being an international customer, i got my procede unit and wiring harness sent to me. Even my country tax that was charged to me, Shiv has since credited it back into my account. I mean this may sound cock sucking but i guess a line has to be drawn btw slow customer service and bad customer service. If one cannot distinguish the diff, then naturally it will be deemed bad. I figured that part out after the effort shiv made to send the unit out to me and have also apologised to me on his cell when i called him. Anyway, back to V2, i can wait. I just am enjoying running my V1.47 stably while you guys are already bored of it. Damn i love this smiley! Boosmacking!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 08:32 AM   #38
dpeterson
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu View Post
I wanted to post this in another thread, however it was closed while I was writing. I feel it is important to discuss given the current state of e90 post. I hope it shines a little light on what we are up against.

Thanks,
Dustin-
quick easy fix... setup a blog on your website, or update your website and state that that is the official and last word, and update it.

dave
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 08:42 AM   #39
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Some of you guys are real losers!!! You make it seem like it's life or death if you don't get PROcede v.2 right now!! GET A LIFE!!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #40
AM335
Go Gators!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
Go Gators!

Speed Up My Computer .......... Aion Download
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #41
vq352k
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi, e92 335I (Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
So pretty much STFU or i will cancel your order???
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #42
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by vq352k View Post

Damn, sounds like the case here...let's see how this unfolds...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #43
AM335
Go Gators!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vq352k View Post
Funny, that's not the message I get from Shiv. Shiv is simply encouraging the use of the best tool a consumer has, not to buy.

Speed Up My Computer .......... Aion Download
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #44
cheluto2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 AW MT

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
Quote:

I agree with others that, even if you like the product, if you don't like the "BS" as you call it, and the wait frustrates you, you have the most obvious of choices, as do others:
Do not buy V2

No one is forcing you. If you want better customer support, kept promises and a similar product, go to AA or get the JB, then wait until next summer when maybe they will have been able to catch up to V2 levels and the rest of us are enjoying V3 What pisses you off is that you want V2 and you want it NOW, and if you don't get it NOW, you get frustrated because you know you can't get that performance anywhere else. In other words, Shiv's got you by the balls and you hate it, so you have to complain

But your complaining will not give Shiv psychic powers to anticipate every possible obstacle that can come up in the development of a new product. Also, if having to pay for V2 bothers you (obviously you don't understand the difference between an update and an upgrade), again, the choice is there: don't spend your money, and stay with V1.x. So simple!

I think we have a new Terry on board!